• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

AndyT

Lord of the Reedy River
Yeah, yeah, I know it's early, but I've just been chatting to a client of mine who is a Bradford City season ticket holder.

Asked him about Thommo and he said he's only seen him briefly, but thought he looked a decent player. However, Matt Kilgallon and Nathaniel Knight-Percival will always get the nod in front of him.

Dominic Poleon (AFC Wimbledon last season) is doing OK with Charlie Wyke upfront and he reckons Tyrell Robinson is a lively wing-back for them, but normally starts on the bench.

Nicky Law still pulls the strings in the middle of the park.

Interestingly, three of their main players from last season, Mark Marshall, that tricky winger, Billy Clarke and Rory McArdle all left in the summer. The former two went to Charlton Athletic and McArdle to Scunthorpe United. All of them because Bradford couldn't afford the wages that Charlton and Scunthorpe offered!

Last edited:
Yeah, yeah, I know it's early, but I've just been chatting to a client of mine who is a Bradford City season ticket holder.

Asked him about Thommo and he said he's only seen him briefly, but thought he looked a decent player. However, Kilgannon and Knight-Percival will always get the nod in front of him.

Dominic Poleon (AFC Wimbledon last season) is doing OK with Charlie Wyke upfront and he reckons Tyrell Robinson is a lively wing-back for them, but normally starts on the bench.

Nicky Law still pulls the strings in the middle of the park.

Interestingly, three of their main players from last season, Mark Marshall, that tricky winger, Billy Clarke and Rory McArdle all left in the summer. The former two went to Charlton Athletic and McArdle to Scunthorpe United. All of them because Bradford couldn't afford the wages that Charlton and Scunthorpe offered!

What did you tell him about our teams? I'm curious. :smile:

Yeah, yeah, I know it's early

No it isn't, it couldn't come soon enough.

May I also add, how refreshing it is to open a new thread without a "Brown In / Brown Out" Poll attached to it. :smile:

What did you tell him about our teams? I'm curious. :smile:

:smile: LOL .. I told him we were a team to be feared!

If truth be told, I said we are a decent side but seem to have a few "issues" at the moment and it might be a good time to play us.

That said, I also told him that the players owe a performance after Saturday, so anything could happen!

Should be a great atmosphere. Bradford average 1,000+ for all their away matches! :thumbsup:

He did say they have a German keeper who is a bit unpredictable, to say the least.

We can guess at the Bradford line up but which of our teams turn up, Jekyll or Hyde, your guess is as good as mine. Lets hope the game is a cracker and win, lose or draw, we put in a shift. Home record to preserve and a lot of dignity needs to be restored. Hopefully the fans will still get behind the team and encourage them to do their best. UTB

:smile: LOL .. I told him we were a team to be feared!

If truth be told, I said we are a decent side but seem to have a few "issues" at the moment and it might be a good time to play us.

That said, I also told him that the players owe a performance after Saturday, so anything could happen!

Should be a great atmosphere. Bradford average 1,000+ for all their away matches! :thumbsup:

He did say they have a German keeper who is a bit unpredictable, to say the least.

Yeah Bradford do travel in numbers (and average nearly 1,300). That being said, it's probably mainly because of the many northern clubs in close proximity to them.

They don't seem to travel in big numbers down south, so I wouldn't expect those numbers come Saturday. They only took 521 to Gillingham on a Saturday afternoon & 403 to Oxford (granted that one was a Tuesday night) So I would imagine it would be somewhere around those two figures.

No it isn't, it couldn't come soon enough.

May I also add, how refreshing it is to open a new thread without a "Brown In / Brown Out" Poll attached to it. :smile:

I think we're about to get a Straus in out poll on the Ashes thread

I've got a ticket for this one and I'm hoping for 8,000 plus fans, I'm going for us to sneak a 2-1 win.

Yep, I fancy us on Saturday.

Looking forward to it. It's a big game with decent away support. Always raises the bar and gets the crowd going.

Fans on their site reckon PB’s comments on Saturday’s performance sound like a manager that wants a payout to leave .

Hard to disagree

The upcoming match reminded me that my very first Southend United match was a 2-0 win at home to Bradford City on 22nd November 1968 .. Goals from Clayton and Chisnall. Excellent crowd of 11,111 :thumbsup:

Sandwiched between beating Kings Lynn 9-0 and Brentwood 10-1!

Ps, Have we ever done a first ever match thread? .. I tried to search, but had no luck finding one. If not, I'll start one.

The view from one Bradford fan about Southend:

Draw all day long. Horrible place, crap beer, cold, smelly and expensive.

Apart from that I think he likes us.

"Horrible place, crap beer, cold, smelly and expensive."

Yes, we know, but what about Southend?

Sadly....We wont win.

I'm really dreaming / wishing of a draw, but in all reality we will lose. (it's just a case of how much).

If we can't do it against Posh, Oxford, Portsmouth and Bristol Rovers. To be fair, I don't fancy our chances on Saturday here. Although i'm a believer.

I remember reading the other day that someone wrote "outside of the Premiership, Bradford, are the only team in the 92 to have scored in 100% of their away matches".

They have also scored first in 81% of their matches.... (67% have been in the 1st half)..... Not good for us then, when was the last time we came back from behind to win?

I'm going for 2-1 down at half time. & 3-1 or 3-2 to Bradford at Full time.

Attendance of 6,789 or 6,543.

I really hope i'm wrong. ... I Just can't see us coming back from behind to snatch a draw, let alone a win against a top 4 side.

We can write off Scuntorpe away also. Lets hope our luck changes at home to Charlton on Boxing Day.

Yet as i do in every season, (as we all do).... We all live in hope.

Bring Em On!!!

Onwards and upwards.

&

UTB

:loyalsupporter: :happy::loyalsupporter:

Last edited:
I just wonder after the past two pathetic performances what sort of team PB will put out,will he persevere with the lazy ones who havent put in a decent shift in those games or will he make a statement and bring in some of the promising youths.Whichever he chooses to do i just hope the players chosen will put in a decent shift win or lose,even though im thinking 1-1.

Back