• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The training ground and injury issues will play a big part in the team selection.
If some of the "going thru the motions" players don't show that they are "up" for the job then there could be a step up for some of the younger lads, or John White to be given a starting place.
I expect the "nailed on" starters to be Ox, Tims, Len, Cox :so there are 7 potential places that need to be filled with players who want to give it 100%

The training ground and injury issues will play a big part in the team selection.
If some of the "going thru the motions" players don't show that they are "up" for the job then there could be a step up for some of the younger lads, or John White to be given a starting place.
I expect the "nailed on" starters to be Ox, Tims, Len, Cox :so there are 7 potential places that need to be filled with players who want to give it 100%

Those four certainly deserve a start and undoubtedly will get one. I would add MAF and Demi to that. SM looks to be a trier and despite some peoples view I think Hendrie is trying but has lacked match confidence. I think he will come good. John White, surely deserves it, and the other JW, Wright, looks like he will become more than useful. Wordsworth is a puzzle. Maybe not trying too hard or maybe, like Hendrie, needs a few games under his belt.
I would set up with White and leonard as centre backs and draft Timlin into the middle alongside Wright.

The view from one Bradford fan about Southend:

Draw all day long. Horrible place, crap beer, cold, smelly and expensive.

Apart from that I think he likes us.

That's his view on the town centre......what about the theatre of horrors?:winking:

Cold??? And they call us soft!

Talking of cold, I saw that fella from Oldham on the C5 highlights against Northampton on Saturday.

There he was, shirt off, jumping up and down celebrating the 5th goal.

It snowed during the match, as well! :omg: :stunned::dim:

Funny comments about Southend as a place. I am fully aware it's no oasis or anything but I have been to Bradford a fair few times and it is the second biggest hole in the country IMO. Only losing out top spot to Luton.

Funny comments about Southend as a place. I am fully aware it's no oasis or anything but I have been to Bradford a fair few times and it is the second biggest hole in the country IMO. Only losing out top spot to Luton.

Walking through Luton on a wintery night a few years ago was a horrible experience. I genuinely felt unsafe. Think it was the 0-0 when Eastwood hit the crossbar in the final few minutes. It was also on TV. Blue Army chant went on for hours!

I make the poster about right when you consider the general condition of the north bank, the not so nice stewards, being penned in the corner, poor beer nearly everywhere.
If anyone goes on their fansite maybe, in an act of kindred support thing, direct them to Leigh for a beer & recommend the great fish and chips near the Hall.

Walking through Luton on a wintery night a few years ago was a horrible experience. I genuinely felt unsafe. Think it was the 0-0 when Eastwood hit the crossbar in the final few minutes. It was also on TV. Blue Army chant went on for hours!

I have been twice and don't wish to go again any time soon. Let's just say that going there is certainly an eye opener!

Luton is way out on it's own :thumbsup:

I make the poster about right when you consider the general condition of the north bank, the not so nice stewards, being penned in the corner, poor beer nearly everywhere.
If anyone goes on their fansite maybe, in an act of kindred support thing, direct them to Leigh for a beer & recommend the great fish and chips near the Hall.

I heartily recommend The Cliff for a cocktail :winking: and the East Stand burgers for a tasty and nutritious gastronomic experience. :hilarious:

Last edited:
'Massimo' is right.

The away day experience at RH is pretty dire, let's be honest.

Need to be solid, I keep saying it (PB disagrees) we need 5 at the back, Ferdinand & Turner need more protection. Demetriou & Hendrie are better employed as wing backs and can supply the width. This allows Timlin back into midfield as the terrior and lets lenny & Wordy support the front two.

Oxley

Demi - Turner - Ferdy - White- Hendrie

Wordy - Lenny - Timms

Cox - Fortune

subs Bishop, Coker, Yearwood, McGlashan, Wright, Ba, Ranger.

Will assume McLaughlin injured after Saturday, Coker not ready for 90 mins yet. White to protect Hendrie

My heart says 1-1 draw, my head says 1 goal defeat say 1-2 after a gallant and improved effort.

UTB

Last edited:
Bradford, total dump back in the 80's, used to go to a nightclub there full of the local women, all the blokes ****ing it up in the pubs, while I was at Harrogate. Lucky they get a day pass to visit the higher class spots like Milton Keynes, or Bury

'Massimo' is right.

The away day experience at RH is pretty dire, let's be honest.

There's been "fan experience" surveys done on away grounds across the country so Roots Hall will have had an honest appraisal done very recently! Sometimes, our perception isn't always the same as the away fans' and will, sometimes, be influenced by the result!

Fair comment 'OBL'.

I'll take a punt that we are quite low down, though.

Back