• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think I'd heard Brighton have sold about 12 tickets or something. I believe the Shrimpers Bar will be closed, possibly others. We're undecided at the moment, though having said that, I hope that most of the worst types will have decided to stay away so it might be a more pleasant atmosphere.

Smith has to be given a chance in goal. White will be in for Demetriou won't he? I'd try Kyprianou at LB too.

Next game. Just a few days before the next big chance!

And the cunning plan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rblfKREj50o

Seriously, what does PB do? he will want to get a win so play his strongest 11 BUT he will also want to test some fringe players.

Time for him to earn his money.

IF that team that was out yesterday is our strongest 11 we are in trouble.

In normal circumstances I would actually go for a win with the same side to try to get confidence up, but I cant see yesterdays team being our first 11 so making changes is the way to go.

Smith and White will come in. Ferdnand maybe?

Up front Id try Williams with Cox. Im not sure what Williams brings to the team overall, doesnt add height or pace, but he can finish if he does get the ball, something I wouldnt say about Mooney.

The biggest problem is our midfield, its just woeful, but theres not a lot we can do to change it until Timlin/Wordsworth come back.

I will be boycotting this like many others shall, however a win is needed before a big test against Bolton!

I think I'd heard Brighton have sold about 12 tickets or something. I believe the Shrimpers Bar will be closed, possibly others. We're undecided at the moment, though having said that, I hope that most of the worst types will have decided to stay away so it might be a more pleasant atmosphere.

Smith has to be given a chance in goal. White will be in for Demetriou won't he? I'd try Kyprianou at LB too.

By "worst types", you mean those who want better for their team and are not prepared to suffer in silence against a background of questionable team selection, even more questionable tactics, good players playing badly, players who aren't good enough anyway and, worst of all, players barely going through the motions ?

I think I'd heard Brighton have sold about 12 tickets or something. I believe the Shrimpers Bar will be closed, possibly others.

Is it going to be like a reserve game? Will I be able to drive up and park in the carpark (or are they closing that as well?).

By "worst types", you mean those who want better for their team and are not prepared to suffer in silence against a background of questionable team selection, even more questionable tactics, good players playing badly, players who aren't good enough anyway and, worst of all, players barely going through the motions ?

I mean those that felt the need to be on the players' backs from the start, those that felt the need to boo a player before he's fully stepped on to the pitch. Did I touch a nerve?

Don't think I'm a "worse type" but still wont be there.

I mean those that felt the need to be on the players' backs from the start, those that felt the need to boo a player before he's fully stepped on to the pitch. Did I touch a nerve?

There was a big lump sitting towards the front close by the home dugout in the East Stand who loudly booed Mooney as he stepped on the pitch to come on, all could hear including the players. 'Fans' like that should stay away, it does nothing but harm - I sincerely hope he gets booed in his job next week if he has one. I'm not a fan of Mooney but there's no need for that. The one thing Brown did right all game was at that moment by putting an arm around Mooney's shoulders.

I spoke with Timlin before yesterday's game and he is almost ready, this game is a week too early for him BUT he may make the bench very soon.
As Jam Man suggests Smith and White are likely to be started, maybe MacG and Atko too, Anton if fit enough.

I have my ticket and win, draw or lose I will support who ever plays AND ride the roller coaster of Shrimper emotions.

I'd like to see us go back to what we used in our first match against Gillingham, at half time I remember thinking we'd played really well, we were rubbish at the back but we created quite a few good chances, everyone had a go at Mooney for those 2 he missed but at least he got 2 good chances to score, which is more than can be said for any player against Fleetwood. Yes our heads dropped when the second went in but at least there was promise there. I wasn't at Port Vale but aside from a defensive change we played the same team and sounded alright on the radio, even if we didn't score.

There was a big lump sitting towards the front close by the home dugout in the East Stand who loudly booed Mooney as he stepped on the pitch to come on, all could hear including the players. 'Fans' like that should stay away, it does nothing but harm - I sincerely hope he gets booed in his job next week if he has one. I'm not a fan of Mooney but there's no need for that. The one thing Brown did right all game was at that moment by putting an arm around Mooney's shoulders.

I was in the east black and there were a handful of morons doing the same. I booed at the end of the game but constantly berating the team/PB from the first minute and booing subs before they've even got on the pitch isn't going to help. OBL is quite right in hoping that these 'worst type' of supporters stay away. Sadly they won't, they're the sort who would moan when we win 3-0 that it should have been 4.

Oh, and I love the idea of visiting their work place and booing when they don't complete a task immaculately, brilliant :hilarious:

Smith, Coker - Ferdinand - Sokolik - O'Neill, McGlashan - Bridge - King - Cotton, Williams - Mooney

Something like that.

How much are the club charging on the day to go?
Genuine question not a debate on prices ppetc
i have a couple of friends who may tag a long as off and we are in Southend for the afternoon

UTS

How much are the club charging on the day to go?
Genuine question not a debate on prices ppetc
i have a couple of friends who may tag a long as off and we are in Southend for the afternoon

UTS

£10 I think

As for the Brighton match, I'd revert to 4-4-2, give Ted a start along with Ferdinand, McGlashen, Atkinson. I'm hoping for a new striker before the game but if not I'd go with Williams, I'm doubtful over his ability but if we're going to give him a start this is the game to do it, Cox probably needs a rest after his lone striker ordeal yesterday.

Smith

Demetriou
Thompson
Ferdinand
Coker

McGlashen
Leonard
Atkinson
Bridge

Mooney
New signing/Williams

I don't recall having "booed" a Southend player before (or after) he's got on the pitch in 50 plus years, so no nerve touched.

Possibly some of those booing "before he'd fully stepped on the pitch" were booing the manager's substitution rather than the players and, god knows, he's made enough hapless substitutions in his time here.

Back