• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

wally4pm

Old Timer
Lets set the ball rolling. Line up same as against Wimbledon , injuries permitting, and another fine 2-0 win for the Blues.

Really looking forward to this. It was horrible missing the Wombles, aggravated by the result and the match reports. Three more sleeps to Charlton, yea!!!!

Wonder if this lad will be playing (hope not) http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38449936

I wonder how the lad will fancy it when Michael Timlin is hurtling into him with another quality ball then man crunching tackle. He should have LOOK OUT MAN written on his back :winking:

Anyone remember when Gary Bellamy - just days away from a £5 mio move to Spurs , got nobbled by Garry Cross and missed the next year and his big move.

Well, I suspect there will be little to discuss.

Same team ........... or perhaps Oxley will be back in goal? Perhaps Hines will be on the bench to give Fortune or Cox a slight rest before the next game.

Wasn't there some player that we were trying to sign that chose Charlton instead in the summer?

And don't they have Ajose playing for them? Wasn't he partly responsible for the "Swindon collapse" last season that saw a massive fall-out between manager and team? (I may have exaggerated that last part for dramatic effect :'().

And Charlton had the goalie Nick Pope who is very good. Where is he now?

They have Lee Novak, who Brown really wanted in the summer. They also signed Ricky Holmes in the summer, likes a goal against us! They have a good squad, just underachieving at present. Probably due to the off the field issues. A tough game for us, would probably be an easier game at their place. However, it's an equally hard game for them. Should be a good encounter.

COYB!

I believe Novak has been injured and they have some others out as well. Still so do we and it sounds like Ted might be keeping the shirt because of Oxley's injury.

They will have the new manger bounce good support, remember Millwall last year, to counter our unbeaten run. The first of 4 big home games and can't think of a time I ever been as excited about football in January.

I was a little disappointed to see them win last time out, because Robinson had not won a match since taking over before then, and would have been under extreme pressure coming into our game. I was curious to see if the 'Southend Curse' could have seen us effectively sack the same manager twice in the same season....

In his post match interview on Monday, Karl Robinson made it clear they were missing four or five "key players" and still came away with a win against MK Dons.

When I say he "made it clear", he named those four/five players and Novak was one of them, as was their full back, Foley.

With regards to Lookman, Everton want to complete a deal "early in the transfer window", so there's a slight possibility he won't be included in their matchday squad, assuming talks have already begun.

This will be a good test of the squad and PB's knowledge.
The Wombles game will have given a few players some knocks and niggle injuries, how serious?
Some of the out/bench players will be wanting to get a starting shirt AND there are 2 games in 3 days which suggests some early use of subs on Saturday or maybe a change (owing to an injury) with a "promise" to get the shirt back on Monday.

That said I suspect PB will want to send the same 11 out again.

In his post match interview on Monday, Karl Robinson made it clear they were missing four or five "key players" and still came away with a win against MK Dons.

When I say he "made it clear", he named those four/five players and Novak was one of them, as was their full back, Foley.

With regards to Lookman, Everton want to complete a deal "early in the transfer window", so there's a slight possibility he won't be included in their matchday squad, assuming talks have already begun.

Hopefully these 4/5 key players won't play on Saturday, and yeah also hear that the Everton transfer is a 'done deal' so you would expect he won't play. That said I still expect Charlton to be a bigger test than the Wombles, they are a lot better than their mid-table position suggests.

6,651 sold and I'd expect at least 1,000 from Charlton.

Looking good! :thumbsup:

This is one we've looked forward to all season. Charlton's talisman captain, Johnnie Jackson will be due to play his 251st game for them. He's done quite well against us at Roots Hall over the years, and many years ago, used to travel to and from his home in North London for training and games as a Colchester player, along with (for a while) Teddy Sheringham and a very young and impressionable Anthony Wordsworth. He and Woody are VERY old friends and there has been a bit of banter between the two ahead of this game. Johnnie also knows John White very well and Ben Coker.

For hubby and me, there's a huge and delicious dose of irony in that we're one of Woody's shirt sponsors, and that Johnnie is, in fact, my husband's cousin! Please don't be too hard on him as a result - we did nearly sign him under Tilly, but the boss was a little too long in deciding!!!

Last edited:
Back