• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

AndyT

Lord of the Reedy River
Just had this email in from the club, which I guess most people will see, but just in case some don't :-

"Good afternoon,

We hope you have a great Christmas.

With all hospitality areas completely sold out, the car park for our fixture against Charlton Athletic on Boxing Day will be at full capacity so we wanted to warn you that some cars may be double parked during the game.

We will clear these as quickly as we can after the fixture to make sure you can continue your festive celebrations as soon as possible.

We look forward to welcoming you to Roots Hall on the 26th December"

Looks likely to be a big sell out day and cracking occasion. Sadly I wont be able to make this one owing to family commitments but I have a trio of erstwhile family tribal fanatics turning up in my stead.
On paper we should struggle given current situation and Charlton being stronger and wealthier than us in most departments. However you could have said that for the opener against Blackburn
I hope all their attacking midfielders arent available as Holmes as scored 6 from 21 games, Ahearne Grant 3 from 9 starts, Ben Reeves 4 from 8 starts, Fosu Henry 7 from 17 starts and Forster Caskey 5 from 23. Thats a group of midfielders who have already knocked in 25 goals from 68 starts between them. Still as long as we have Wordy, Mc Glashen, Wright and Mc Laughlin, patrolling and defending midfield , no worries ???? Have a great day and may Rons wishes, and all supporters dreams come true and another Blackburn like performance is supported from the rafters

Just had this email in from the club, which I guess most people will see, but just in case some don't :-

"Good afternoon,

We hope you have a great Christmas.

With all hospitality areas completely sold out, the car park for our fixture against Charlton Athletic on Boxing Day will be at full capacity so we wanted to warn you that some cars may be double parked during the game.

We will clear these as quickly as we can after the fixture to make sure you can continue your festive celebrations as soon as possible.

We look forward to welcoming you to Roots Hall on the 26th December"

Yes I had this earlier - sadly I will be 300 odd miles away so parking won`t bother me :winking:

According to the Metro 'paper, Charlton are struggling to get a full squad for today...

Boxing Day fixture always has a big crowd and looks like this year is no different. I hear most of the West is sold and that they have now opened X block. All hospitality has been sold.
Don't forget it is a 1pm KO

Boxing Day fixture always has a big crowd and looks like this year is no different. I hear most of the West is sold and that they have now opened X block. All hospitality has been sold.

8,002 now sold according to Chris's ticket stats

No trains either on both Liv St and Fenchurch Street lines.

Do we know if this is inclusive of away fans ? I would expect charlton to bring 1500+
With no public transport I doubt it.

Can only see this ending one way Charltons way,reckon at present they could field their youth team and manage a win. Lets be honest Southend couldnt score unless they got a deflection,our strikers should be ashamed to draw wages each week:sad:

Back