• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

danburyshrimper

Manager
Assuming the weather doesnt intervene + assuming we are missing Barker,Phillips,Leonard,Timlin,Tomlin,Eastwood,Cresswell + now Njie + Benyon ..... we might have to start with this line up ?

................................SMITH.........................
CLOHESSEY....SPILLANE.....PROSSER...STRAKER
HURST..........LAIRD........WOODYARD....REEVES
............ASSOMBALONGA......CORR.................

subs LAVERY , SPICER , HARRIS , BENTLEY ,COUGHLIN , CLARKSON , KIT MAN ,

:scared::scared::scared:

...Paul Benson must be licking his lips !!!!!!!!!

I did see their manager on the FLS slamming his team after they lost to Daggers so either they are in a bad run of form or will have a kick up the backside and come out all guns blazing.

Continuing the not-as -optimistic-as i usually am theme , i believe Phillips , Spicer + Woodyard are all on 4 yellow cards , therefore walking a suspension tightrope !!!! :Scared2:

I did see their manager on the FLS slamming his team after they lost to Daggers so either they are in a bad run of form or will have a kick up the backside and come out all guns blazing.

They've won only 1 out of 7 league games since the start of the year.
There for the taking ?
or as you say "all guns blazing" ?

Continuing the not-as -optimistic-as i usually am theme , i believe Phillips , Spicer + Woodyard are all on 4 yellow cards , therefore walking a suspension tightrope !!!! :Scared2:

Bloody hell , I didn't think Spicer had made 4 tackles !

FFS! Southend 0 Cheltenham 1 (Benson, 90+5). It had to be him, didn't it. :thumbdown::'(

Perhaps I could arrange the loan of one of those snow making machines they've got in the Pyrénées, to use at Roots Hall. They've certainly got no bloody use for them at the moment in the mountains!

Assuming the weather doesnt intervene + assuming we are missing Barker,Phillips,Leonard,Timlin,Tomlin,Eastwood,Cresswell + now Njie + Benyon ..... we might have to start with this line up ?

................................SMITH.........................
CLOHESSEY....SPILLANE.....PROSSER...STRAKER
HURST..........LAIRD........WOODYARD....REEVES
............ASSOMBALONGA......CORR.................

subs LAVERY , SPICER , HARRIS , BENTLEY ,COUGHLIN , CLARKSON , KIT MAN ,

:scared::scared::scared:

...Paul Benson must be licking his lips !!!!!!!!!

Or alternatively if Phillips is passed fit

Smith
Clohessy Phillips Prosser Straker
Hurst Laird Spillane Reeves
Corr Assombalonga

which isn't too far from our strongest line-up.

Or alternatively if Phillips is passed fit

Smith
Clohessy Phillips Prosser Straker
Hurst Laird Spillane Reeves
Corr Assombalonga

which isn't too far from our strongest line-up.

Exactly - we only need one of Barker or Phillips to be okay and we can put out a decent team. :smile:

Not too keen on Reeves after what I saw on Saturday and so I wonder if there is a way of fitting in Woodyard.

And I hope that Eastwood is on the bench.

I understand that Barker and Phillips were talking with the fans before the Stanley game - does anyone know if they said anything about their injury position?

Exactly - we only need one of Barker or Phillips to be okay and we can put out a decent team. :smile:

Not too keen on Reeves after what I saw on Saturday and so I wonder if there is a way of fitting in Woodyard.

And I hope that Eastwood is on the bench.

I understand that Barker and Phillips were talking with the fans before the Stanley game - does anyone know if they said anything about their injury position?

If they travelled that suggests that they will have been reasonably close to fitness.

Woodyard can be fitted in on the bench.

That's a possibility (that they are close to fitness) but they took no part in the pre-match warm ups and I just assumed they were there as part of supporting their fellow players.

Smith
Clohessy - Spillane - Prosser - Straker
Hurst - Woodyard - Laird - Reeves
Corr - Assombalonga

Subs: Bentley - Coughlan - Spicer - Leonard - Lavery - Harris - Eastwood (if he can be bothered, otherwise a youth)​

i am hoping we will put in a decent showing for a change , a chance to go 3rd if we win (i think). We have had a few good lucky results of late but have been pretty dog **** in the league since Dagenham on Boxing Day. Chelts have only won 2 out of the last 10.

Southend 2 Cheltenham 1

This is a crucial match for us versus one of our major competitors. We need our squad players to rise above themselves and put in strong performances. I believe we can beat Cheltenham, and I think they will be cautious in the light of their recent results and the hairdryer treatment they've received from their manager. PS is nothing if not shrewd, so these next few games are where his tactics and strategy can overcome our injury crisis......

I hope.

No suspension for 5 yellows at this stage of the season.

Back