• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Chertsey Town, Saturday 16th October, 3.00pm, FAC (4Q)

Starting XI and Result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 24 31.6%
  • John White

Votes: 23 30.3%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 54 71.1%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 62 81.6%
  • Charlie Sayers

Votes: 43 56.6%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 61 80.3%
  • Abu Ogogo

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • James Dunne

Votes: 36 47.4%
  • Nathan Ferguson

Votes: 59 77.6%
  • Harry Phillips

Votes: 29 38.2%
  • Simeon Akinola

Votes: 30 39.5%
  • Rhys Murphy

Votes: 60 78.9%
  • Sam Dalby

Votes: 61 80.3%
  • Hamzad Kargbo

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Matt Dennis

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Benji Kimpioka

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Terrell Egbri

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • Matt Rush

• Louis Walsh

Votes: 16 21.1%
  • Will Atkinson

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Rob Howard

Votes: 37 48.7%
  • Harry Seaden

• Ollie Coker

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Win

Votes: 42 55.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Lose

Votes: 6 7.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
It doesn't seem that long ago when we played Chelsea in the 3rd round of the FA Cup, and this Saturday we play Chertsey.... if you say it quick enough it kind of sounds the same!

This is yet another journey into the unknown.... not just for us, but for them too as they've never been as far in the competition previously and there are certainly no previous meetings between the two clubs. "The Curfews" ply their trade in the Isthmian League South Central Division, Step 4 in the non-league pyramid, a division that contains South Park FC. Instead of turning out against Cartman and friends, this Saturday they'll be playing a team that has played like a load of carthorses for most of the season.

The only link between the two clubs that I could find is that former Arsenal man, Ian Selley, who had three loan spells at the blues, was born in Chertsey and also turned out for them towards the end of his career - incidentally, he's still playing (aged 47) now for Dial Square - an Arsenal protest club in the Guildford & Woking Alliance League Premier Division.

At this stage it's not really clear who will be picking the team this Saturday - with all first team coaching staff now departed or demoted, it has been left to the senior players to take the training sessions this week. Phil Brown signed so many seniors that it could have been a case of "too many chiefs and not enough Indians" at Boots & Laces.

Whether it's club captain John White in charge, PFA rep and resident big mouth Jason Demetriou or one of the others in the twilight of their careers, one would hope for a better performance in what is hopefully going to be their only game as caretaker manager.

Maybe one of them will sneak a look on Shrimperzone to see who we would pick, so just in case they do, have a go at selecting your starting XI for this Saturday.

PS We're allowed to name 7 subs in the FA Cup

Last edited:
--------------------------ARNOLD-------------------
DEMETRIOU------HOBSON-----RALPH------SAYERS
-----------FERGUSON----------PHILLIPS------------
AKINOLA-------------DALBY----------------BRIDGE
----------------------MURPHY-----------------------

RUSH, DENNIS, KARGBO, DUNNE, WHITE

With PB still in charge I think we'd have lost this game. Still no guarantees but you'd hope if we at least put out our actual best 11 we should have enough to win. I can see it being a very uncomfortable experience..

Demi is likely to be managing the team on Saturday based on the fact he's been asked to take training this week. I'd like a mix up, something like this:

Arnold
Howard Hobson Ralph Sayers
Walsh Ferguson Phillips Bridge
Murphy Dalby
Gives us a mix of some younger fringe players and some experience to hopefully manage the game scare free...

Demi is likely to be managing the team on Saturday based on the fact he's been asked to take training this week. I'd like a mix up, something like this:

Arnold
Murphy Dalby
Gives us a mix of some younger fringe players and some experience to hopefully manage the game scare free...
I like that line up!

Arnold
Murphy Dalby

Does JD drop himself, with new manager maybe in the stands watching???

I went same lineup apart switched Sim for Walsh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back