• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

AndyT

Lord of the Reedy River
5,187 sold, according to 'ChrisS' excellent service. Another 2 being sold tomorrow at least, as well. :cool:

Add about 1,000 from Coventry?

Looking forward to it.

And so to Coventry City, sitting 21st in FL1 with 19 points and below the current relegation dotted line. In spite of their current predicament it seems to me that nothing could be more dangerous than to underestimate them.

Assuming Will Atkinson recovers from his injury in time and Phil is content that Timlin is still the man for the LB berth, then I reckon that the template below will again appear in the official match thread. We have accounted for 5187 home seats so far so a gate of 6k plus is not impossible, near Xmas or not.

CzA4pdGXUAEqBbu.png

We need someone else at left back,Timlin wasn't too bad first half but rubbish second.And I think he's had a few yellows playing there and he struggles with a bit of pace against him!

Yes, Timlin isn't a LB, White in....and before anyone says he isn't one, that's what he played when he came here on loan before, and he's played it numerous times over the years!

5,187 sold, according to 'ChrisS' excellent service. Another 2 being sold tomorrow at least, as well. :cool:

Add about 1,000 from Coventry?

Looking forward to it.

You may have forgotten the Blue Boar barmaid effect on Coventry's travelling fans :thumbsup:

Of course, I had forgotten! .. Add another 1,000 to that and include a few of us lot, as well! :thumbsup:

I have to agree with you there OBL.

But I cant see Phil starting with White in the next 2 games, (against perceived weaker teams) as Timlin is more attacking minded, however come Wimbledon, Charlton & beyond I think John will hold that LB position as his own (with the exception of Swindon) until February.

What is the position with Kypo? Is he still injured?

As a side note, it is interesting that we are having a conversation about which player should cover for an injury. Last season the talk would have been of a new loan player brought in at a moment's notice but the rule changes have stopped that malarkey.

I have to agree with you there OBL.

But I cant see Phil starting with White in the next 2 games, (against perceived weaker teams) as Timlin is more attacking minded, however come Wimbledon, Charlton & beyond I think John will hold that LB position as his own (with the exception of Swindon) until February.

I'd be looking to maybe bring Tims into midfield if Will isn't fit.

And so to Coventry City, sitting 21st in FL1 with 19 points and below the current relegation dotted line. In spite of their current predicament it seems to me that nothing could be more dangerous than to underestimate them.

Assuming Will Atkinson recovers from his injury in time and Phil is content that Timlin is still the man for the LB berth, then I reckon that the template below will again appear in the official match thread. We have accounted for 5187 home seats so far so a gate of 6k plus is not impossible, near Xmas or not.

CzA4pdGXUAEqBbu.png

I would expect close to 8k for this one.

Coventry will bring 1k plus.

There will be 6500 home fans easy for this one.

I hope that this will be a good win a good performance and a vital 3 points.

I'm going for a very hard fought 2-1 win, Cox and Lenny scorers in front of 7,185 fans.

Got this from a dictionary -

Definition of apathy: When only a few posts appear on Shrimperzone relating to an upcoming match.

What is going on (if anything)? We are playing better football, getting results (mainly that is) and are moving up the table and yet there seems to be far less interest than when we were letting in four goals a game.

There's nowt as queer as folk. :'(

It's because there are no team changes likely and nothing to moan about.

Players who've played for both sides:

Freddy Eastwood
Franck Moussa
Marc Antoine Fortune
Paul Furlong
Gary Deegan
Jacob Murphy
Lee Sawyer
Gordon Nutt
Mike Marsh
Shaun Goater
Matt Heath
Martyn Booty
Peter Clarke
Gavin Strachan

Harry Warren managed both clubs as well

Phil Brown doesnt like Coventry much either: His time at Derby County proved to be unsuccessful and he was sacked just seven months into his tenure in January 2006, after a 6–1 league defeat against Coventry City, followed by a 3–1 defeat to Colchester in the FA Cup fourth round.

A narrow 3-2 win for us, McLaughlin, Wordsworth & Fortune on the score sheet in front of 6,817 fans.

This one and the Oldham game are crucial for us now to get maximum points as we have some really tough teams coming up over Crimbo and all the way into mid February.

(As the current table stands). 8 of the 9 games after Oldham will be against the top 11 teams in the league.

Anyway back to the game in hand on Saturday, I think Sordell will be a bit of a handful, a few of their players took some knocks at their Tuesday night cup game win V Crawley, but unfortunately for us, they seem to have recovered and are available for the game tomorrow.

Coventry are averaging just above a 1k average away attendance so far this season, but due to their recent performances, league position & the games getting ever closer to Christmas, I think there will be a fair amount of drop outs.
They will still come down in numbers, however I don't think they will bring 1000+, maybe in the area of around 700-800 odd if were lucky (bearing in mind they took 730 to Millwall & just 380 to Gillingham).

All being said, I'm confident (well hopeful as always) of a victory, but I think it will be one of those typical gritty performances where we have a nervous last 15 minutes, but manage to hang on by the skin of our teeth.

Bring on Saturday.

&
UTB
:happy::loyalsupporter:

Sad state of affairs at Coventry - always had a bit of soft spot for them, what with their excellent 1987 FA Cup win that stuck it in the face of my now-ex Brother In Law Spurs supporter and a good mate who's a supporter. Still I'd be amazed if they're not in a division (or two) lower than us next season. I predicted 3-1 and I'll be amazed if they get the 1.

They aren't very confident are they, let's hope it rubs off on there starting 11 tomorow, I'd be surprised if they bought down as many as 700 fans down for this one.

Back