• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Crawley Town, Saturday 10th April 15:00, FL2

Starting XI and Result

• Mark Oxley

Votes: 75 81.5%
  • Elvis Bwomono

Votes: 44 47.8%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 54 58.7%
  • John White

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 72 78.3%
  • Tyler Cordner

Votes: 59 64.1%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 71 77.2%
  • Sam Hart

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • Alan McCormack

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Nathan Ferguson

Votes: 49 53.3%
  • Timothee Dieng

Votes: 66 71.7%
  • Kyle Taylor

Votes: 37 40.2%
  • James Olayinka

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • Reeco Hackett-Fairchild

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • Ashley Nathaniel-George

Votes: 46 50.0%
  • Ricky Holmes

Votes: 35 38.0%
  • Terrell Egbri

Votes: 25 27.2%
  • Emile Acquah

Votes: 25 27.2%
  • Simeon Akinola

Votes: 38 41.3%
  • Brandon Goodship

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Greg Halford

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Harry Kyprianou

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Matt Rush

Votes: 13 14.1%
  • Jacob Mellis

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Harry Seaden

Votes: 4 4.3%

Votes: 2 2.2%

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Win

Votes: 44 47.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Lose

Votes: 11 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
4-1-3-2
Oxley
Elvis - Hobson - Cordner - Clifford
Ferguson
Egbri - Taylor - ANG
Dieng
Akinola
Would like to see us really go for it but think Molesley will go a bit more defensive. I think as long as we're within 5 points of Col U by the time we play them then we'll stay up. Beat them in the derby and then make the most of our (on paper) easier final three games compared to them

I think that we have a great chance of making ground this weekend. I can see both col u and Barrow losing this weekend.

It would be just like us to lose as well

They will know all about ANG and Ferguson’s strengths and weaknesses.

Then there are the returning Glen Morris and Josh Wright.

I would love to see us win but fear that they will have enough defensively to keep us out, Josh Wright would no doubt love to score against us and Tom Nichols is a clever little forward.

Didn't Crawley's slump coincide with Wrights arrival ?

Not sure why you would dump the Halford experiment so quickly. Thought he was a much more effective outlet for the more direct football being played. Not fit, not agile and no silky skills but 6ft 4in and a good leap on him which given how much time the ball spent in the air is pretty handy. The alternative seems to be more of the same and little more than a point a game.

I hope so but he is clearly playing through the pain barrier. Maybe a 20 minute cameo at the end, scoring a brace to add to the four we will have already scored by then thus helping reduce our goal difference.

Hmmm, that lunchtime ginger wine was stronger than I thought....

Felt that Halford had a decent game against Morecambe he kept there defenders occupied and shown some decent moves trying to bring others into play. Unfortunately our so called strikers we to slow in getting up close to him so he became isolated. Feel Olly if fit could do that role,if he is fit play him from the off rather than coming on with as a sub

433 and chuck the kitchen sink at em !!!

Attack ! Attack !!

Oxley
Demi Cordner Hobson Clifford
Ferguson Dieng Taylor
Holmes Acquah Akinola
No! not akinola!! not after that penalty miss!! He offers nothing on the pitch and cant score anyway! Play mellis,egbri anyone deserves the shirt more after the carlisle game! He shouldn't play again this season!!

No! not akinola!! not after that penalty miss!! He offers nothing on the pitch and cant score anyway! Play mellis,egbri anyone deserves the shirt more after the carlisle game! He shouldn't play again this season!!

Acquah??? or you have a new villian in Sim?

Every form table I've looked at for some time now has had us relatively outside of the relegation zone but we're still there... For a while I thought - it just depends how far Port Vale fall - and the it was Col U... And I thought if we had beaten Morecambe we could still pull this off if we also beat Col U. Those two games could be our season...

I don't know where I'm going with this. It's just a thought I had when I saw the form table.

Last edited:
Back