• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Crawley Town, Saturday 10th April 15:00, FL2

Starting XI and Result

• Mark Oxley

Votes: 75 81.5%
  • Elvis Bwomono

Votes: 44 47.8%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 54 58.7%
  • John White

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 72 78.3%
  • Tyler Cordner

Votes: 59 64.1%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 71 77.2%
  • Sam Hart

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • Alan McCormack

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Nathan Ferguson

Votes: 49 53.3%
  • Timothee Dieng

Votes: 66 71.7%
  • Kyle Taylor

Votes: 37 40.2%
  • James Olayinka

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • Reeco Hackett-Fairchild

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • Ashley Nathaniel-George

Votes: 46 50.0%
  • Ricky Holmes

Votes: 35 38.0%
  • Terrell Egbri

Votes: 25 27.2%
  • Emile Acquah

Votes: 25 27.2%
  • Simeon Akinola

Votes: 38 41.3%
  • Brandon Goodship

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Greg Halford

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Harry Kyprianou

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Matt Rush

Votes: 13 14.1%
  • Jacob Mellis

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Harry Seaden

Votes: 4 4.3%

Votes: 2 2.2%

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Win

Votes: 44 47.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Lose

Votes: 11 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can definitely see ricky holmes starting this one! As phil brown recoignises proper football league players ! And the fact phil brown is here I'm sure we will see a different player now!!

He’ll come in and do a Mike Bassett won’t he? Four Four Fluffing Two...

Oxley
Elvis Cordner Hobson Clifford
Demi Dieng Mellis/Taylor Hart
Emile Holmes

Need to go for it on this one. Presume. Olay, Macca and White are unfit

Oxley
Elvis. Cordner. Hobson. Clifford.
Dieng
Demi. Ferguson. RH.F.
Acquah. Akinola.

Subs. Seadon. Hart. K.Taylor. Rush. Halford. Egbri. Holmes.

Changed this as Tango now in charge.
Demi out Kinali in.
Acquah and Akinola out and Halford and Holmes now in

Changed my lose vote to win vote now, hope the players are getting the feel-good feeling and are revved up and ready to go for tomorrow.

I can see PB asking a lot of questions and respecting the opinions of Mr Duncan and Fagan.
There could be a few of the seemingly discarded younger players involved and a re-birth for the likes of Kyp.
Picking a team will be tough for us punters but the side will include forwards, and I think a few new set piece ideas, maybe a new captain?
And I hope the times of players paying no heed to the instructions from the sidelines to be lessened.

I can see PB asking a lot of questions and respecting the opinions of Mr Duncan and Fagan.
There could be a few of the seemingly discarded younger players involved and a re-birth for the likes of Kyp.
Picking a team will be tough for us punters but the side will include forwards, and I think a few new set piece ideas, maybe a new captain?
And I hope the times of players paying no heed to the instructions from the sidelines to be lessened.

you mean like he respected Sturrock’s opinions on the team selection for Wembley?

this is the most egotistical man in football. This will have Phil Brown’s stamp, and only Phil Brown’s stamp on it

you mean like he respected Sturrock’s opinions on the team selection for Wembley?

this is the most egotistical man in football. This will have Phil Brown’s stamp, and only Phil Brown’s stamp on it
No, where do I suggest that he would take a "tip" from MM (prev manager)?

Most egotistical? Wow, that is a stretch, he will be high up the list of minor managers but a long way down the combined player, manager, pundit, ex player/manager list for that rank although I suspect you are high on the list of the unimpressed observers.

You are spot on, it will be his pick, his stamp and his last rolling of the dice on our club's league status.

Like him or loathe him, I am indifferent, but I really hope he can pull us out of this impending disaster.

Get that done and then we will see.

As Crawley have 2 points from the last 18, we've gone 9 home games without a win, ( law of averages etc ) if we don't win tomorrow then imo it's all over.

As far as the bookmakers are concerned, Southend have just gone favourites to WIN the match.

This is the FIRST time that Southend have started as favourites for a football match this season.

Current betting percentage chances:

Southend: 35.2%

Draw: 31%

Crawley: 33.8%

Not sure this match will have PBs stamp on it ,but im darn sure the players will want to show PB that they can play football and also sure that there will be some voices heard from the senior players on that pitch during the game ,to help each other , PB wont allow heads to drop and strikers will now shoot on site they more than anyone have to show up and prove themselves .PB will listen to Fagan and Duncan on how the team should be picked and then decide on the formation .GO you blues , now is your time to shine !

Back