• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United v Crawley Town

I would argue that we created more clear cut chances today than the previous five home games combined and moved the ball a damn sight quicker.

I would argue that we looked slightly less organised defensively and no better creatively today than previous five home games. We still didn't score today because we are unable to finish the small number of chances we create. That isn't new news, but it wasn't any different today to previously. Anyone claiming some significant change in performance today is wishful thinking.

Exactly. But we kept being told that if we got a new manager there’d be a new manager bounce. It was just as bad, if not worse than normal today. Crawley are in awful form and had much better chances and deserved to win.

i think a lot of people are in mourning today ..

Some for a royal and some for Mark..

i think a lot of people are in mourning today ..

Some for a royal and some for Mark..
If you’re suggesting I’m mourning for Mark, I’m not. If anything he should have gone sooner if RM wanted a change. I’m just realistic and saw nothing on the pitch today that indicates there’s going to be a drastic change in the next 5 games to keep us up. And I’m not blaming that on PB.

How many clear cut chances did we have in the box today then apart from when RHF fluffed his lines? I must have missed them.

Crawley are on an awful run of form and whilst the first half was even, they played much better in the second half and had a lot more clear cut chances than us. They deserved to beat us. I saw no signs of improvement (not blaming PB). I think people are seeing improvement out of hope rather than anything else.

Again, this isn’t PB’s fault and I’m not blaming him. It’s too late in the day for him to make any drastic changes. The only way we stay up now is with a hell of a lot of luck.
Let's hope we are lucky then :Smile:

I keep reminding myself of play-off final against Wycombe when many fans had given up on us but come running back when the Pig scored and that winner from Humphries against Sunderland that kept us up.

Not sure watching Southend is good for my health but come on guys lets all be positive...the great escape is still on :Winking:

I keep reminding myself of play-off final against Wycombe when many fans had given up on us but come running back when the Pig scored and that winner from Humphries against Sunderland that kept us up.

Not sure watching Southend is good for my health but come on guys lets all be positive...the great escape is still on :Winking:

Absolutely - as it was last week as well

Exactly. No-one can say the last 23 years under Mr Martins guidance haven’t been exciting on the pitch, certainly had more than our fair share of ups & downs..

It’s not over until the orange Geordie sings...

Back