• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United v Crawley Town

Lots of huffing and puffing. Clear cut chances blown by players who will be back at their parent club next season. It was an ok game to watch in all honesty between 2 **** teams.
Also any team which has a strike force of Dieng and Halford will never win a game of footy, and I'm not knocking the tanned one as he's only been back 2 minutes. But we are a goal scorer away from being a mid table team ......oh well ?

We don't score goals, and our only extremely mild goal threats weren't selected to play in oly, ang, akinola.

Come on Phil do us a favour

I actually thought we looked a lot more attacking today with a lot more urgency. If we approached more games like that and could put the ball in the back of the net we wouldn’t be where we are. I actually fell more confident than I did after watching that.
Completely disagree. Looked exactly the same as previous games to me, but if anything less solid defensively. Not blaming Brown given he has had only one training session, but we had exactly the same problems as under MM - missing easy chances, afraid to shoot, lack of creativity. Wish I felt confident after that. Just feel depressed.

Halford is a decent target man in terms of hit him and he will control and bring others in...problem is they are about half a pitch away! Had chances in that game and the urgency was there - cutting edge was not. Thats a point closer to safety after Colchesters loss.

Back