• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United v Crawley Town

Completely disagree. Looked exactly the same as previous games to me, but if anything less solid defensively. Not blaming Brown given he has had only one training session, but we had exactly the same problems as under MM - missing easy chances, afraid to shoot, lack of creativity. Wish I felt confident after that. Just feel depressed.

This.

Plus point => Egbri did more in 21 minutes than RHF did in the previous 79
You see, I don't get this.
I agree RHF was pants, but Egbri? Remind me what he did, as in actual meaningful play.
If you want someone to run around with gusto, I'll have a go!
If you want a really important pass, and not one that goes too wide for Ferguson to get a better handle on; Egbri's your man.
This energy thing has to be converted into product.

Yeah happy days, a 0-0 draw against a side that haven’t won in 6 games that pretty much relegates us. Oh well at least it’s a different manager overseeing the 0-0s.

Blokes had 24 hours with this **** squad that you're boy built and you're acting surprised that he isn't smashing teams.. have a day off.

What we saw today still isn't good enough but I saw a lot more to be positive about than we have watching us stink the place out under MM.

At least we actually got forward. If we had played like that for the last 9 home games, we wouldn't be where we are
It’s a complete myth that we haven’t got forward in previous games, we just can’t score. It was the same problem today.

I’ve no idea what game people were watching if they think that was any different or better than previous weeks.

It’s a complete myth that we haven’t got forward in previous games, we just can’t score. It was the same problem today.

I’ve no idea what game people were watching if they think that was any different or better than previous weeks.

I would argue that we created more clear cut chances today than the previous five home games combined and moved the ball a damn sight quicker.

Last edited:
Disappointing result, but not unfair. We had clear cut chances but RHF is hopeless and as for Oleyenke......what's anyone in the flats ever done to upset him. Man of the match for me Hobson. Not faultless but made some good stops. Just wondering if Ferguson is a season ticket holder, because he spends so much time watching the match, that when the ball comes to him he actually looks like he is taken by surprise. Good effort that hit the post, but other than that..meh!! Great stop from Oxley to keep us in it. Might as well have had the D of E in the No 18 shirt. As the Beatles once said "All we are saying is give Rush a chance". Looked better overall, though. Let's hope PB's impact gets us the points we need....and soon.

You see, I don't get this.
I agree RHF was pants, but Egbri? Remind me what he did, as in actual meaningful play.
If you want someone to run around with gusto, I'll have a go!
If you want a really important pass, and not one that goes too wide for Ferguson to get a better handle on; Egbri's your man.
This energy thing has to be converted into product.
I noticed him tracking back quite a bit and giving my cover to Elvis, and the chances at the very end of the match he was involved with getting it into the box.

Granted he does run around a lot, but to be honest i'd sooner someone putting a shift in than someone ambling around the pitch.

We showed bit more fight, we should have scored with chances we had, but surprisingly that James olayaka should kept the ball down when shooting or just put the ball into his right foot, Elvis should have scored after Ferguson hit the post.

Back