• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United v Crawley Town

Blokes had 24 hours with this **** squad that you're boy built and you're acting surprised that he isn't smashing teams.. have a day off.

What we saw today still isn't good enough but I saw a lot more to be positive about than we have watching us stink the place out under MM.
‘My boy’ what the **** are you talking about? My point is why bother making a managerial change so late in the season if the squad clearly needs a lot ofwork. We don’t have time to work on the squad, there’s 5 games left and we’re 4 points off safety FFS.

Besides, hasn’t the narrative been that the squad is good enough to stay up but MM wasn’t good enough to keep them up. Now all of a sudden the squad is the problem.

No idea what game you were watching if you think that was positive, Crawley deserved to win.

We are so weak from midfield upwards. Look at the stats and we looked comparable to Crawley, but watching it I thought they were more creative, skilful and quicker than us. Thank goodness they were so wasteful.
I thought Holmes was our best attacking player and once he went off it was just a question of keeping Crawley out.
Whoever was in charge of recruitment should find a job outside of professional football.

I noticed him tracking back quite a bit and giving my cover to Elvis, and the chances at the very end of the match he was involved with getting it into the box.

Granted he does run around a lot, but to be honest i'd sooner someone putting a shift in than someone ambling around the pitch.
Ambling; running - it doesn't matter if there's nothing to show for it.
RHF and Egbri don't win tackles.
The latter goes down easily; spreads his hands as if to ask why didn't you see that breath of wind foul me?
RHF wouldn't know a quick incisive move if it blocked his way in an alley.
That spinning on his left peg he feels has to be done every, every time costs us momentum.
But not as bad as that wild swing with his right foot, and then left-foot tap with the other.
I'm going to ask again: where the blue blazes is Akinola???!!!

We are so weak from midfield upwards. Look at the stats and we looked comparable to Crawley, but watching it I thought they were more creative, skilful and quicker than us. Thank goodness they were so wasteful.
I thought Holmes was our best attacking player and once he went off it was just a question of keeping Crawley out.
Whoever was in charge of recruitment should find a job outside of professional football.
Now that MM has gone, has head of recruitment Anton Robinson gone with him? Saw Ron said he got rid of most of the back room team but not sure who stayed

‘My boy’ what the **** are you talking about? My point is why bother making a managerial change so late in the season if the squad clearly needs a lot ofwork. We don’t have time to work on the squad, there’s 5 games left and we’re 4 points off safety FFS.

Besides, hasn’t the narrative been that the squad is good enough to stay up but MM wasn’t good enough to keep them up. Now all of a sudden the squad is the problem.

No idea what game you were watching if you think that was positive, Crawley deserved to win.

I thought it was a very even game, both teams had chances but both lacked the quality take them.

I agree, as much as I wanted MM.. leaving it until now is just typical Ron thing to do. As you say, PB can't make any changes to the squad itself, we can only hope that he stumbles on a system/formula that picks up some wins over the next few weeks.

Im quite surprised that brown made a point of heeding duncan and fagans advice and they both advised bringing goodship on. :Sorry:

What is that, clean sheets for the away sides at Roots Hall do you mean?
Or that. We’re paying for our shocking start. Just a couple of wins in the first 15 and we’d be in with a prayer. Or even a few 0-0’s back then might've saved us! What’s frustrating me the most is we’re slipping out of the league drawing 0-0 or losing 0-1 .. not getting battered which in a way is harder to take!!

It’s a complete myth that we haven’t got forward in previous games, we just can’t score. It was the same problem today.

I’ve no idea what game people were watching if they think that was any different or better than previous weeks.

No it's not a myth; I've watched our last 9 home games under MM and we were toilet in most of them; no-one getting in the box etc.

At least today we actually got in the box more.

No it's not a myth; I've watched our last 9 home games under MM and we were toilet in most of them; no-one getting in the box etc.

I'd certainly say there was more intent there to get forward and get in the box. And no Molesley-style 'every single player back in our box for opposition corners and free-kicks'. Still quite a few occasions where the ball went into the Crawley box and there was only 1 or sometimes even none of our players in there. Not to mention the fact that even when there were, nobody seems able to challenge for the ball and win a header. Attacking confidence and positioning/movement needs a lot of work. But at least there was more intent there though. Hopefully a week on the training ground with Brown will start turning it around.

Why just count home games?

How many clear cut chances did we have in the box today then apart from when RHF fluffed his lines? I must have missed them.

Crawley are on an awful run of form and whilst the first half was even, they played much better in the second half and had a lot more clear cut chances than us. They deserved to beat us. I saw no signs of improvement (not blaming PB). I think people are seeing improvement out of hope rather than anything else.

Again, this isn’t PB’s fault and I’m not blaming him. It’s too late in the day for him to make any drastic changes. The only way we stay up now is with a hell of a lot of luck.

Crawley should have scored at least once - we had some good chances but due (as I mentioned in another Post) our inability to be able to shoot/kick/pass with both feet has cost us! I would guess they are more disappointed than us in terms of the clear cut chances they dreads and missed

Back