• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
Well after the great result yesterday it is on to the next two home games, starting with the visit of Daggers tomorrow.I think we should see good numbers to with a crowd around the 6500-7000 mark.

It is also Daniels last game during his loan period.

Team wise I don't see many changes from yesterday.Hard to change a winning side and all that.

Thought Daniels made a few good saves yesterday. Morris is very competent but for me Daniels could really push us on this season.

Great chance for us to cement third a bit more.

Daniels is the certainly the better player, but we don't have the budget for 2 'proper' keepers, and Morris is certainly good enough.

A great result yesterday which was the most important thing after a slight blip of late and whilst you can only beat the opposition put in front of you I thought AFC were a poor side and the final score looks a bit more impressive than the performance really was on the day.

With that in mind and this game being only 48 hours latter personally I feel a couple of changes might not be a bad idea so I would recall Dickinson for Harris and Gilbert for Prosser (doubt it will happen this transfer window but a better left back would be good).I would also like to see Benyon a decent amount of playing time if at all possible.

With that in mind and this game being only 48 hours latter personally I feel a couple of changes might not be a bad idea so I would recall Dickinson for Harris and Gilbert for Prosser (doubt it will happen this transfer window but a better left back would be good).I would also like to see Benyon a decent amount of playing time if at all possible.

I agree with the Dickinson part but Gilbert back for Prosser...No thanks!

You gotta feel for Harris, worked his socks off yesterday, took his goal brilliantly - but still should drop to the bench for I just feel we threaten so much more with Dicko up top. Looking forward to seeing Benyon play too.

I can see Kalala dropping out with Dickinson coming back. We should not need a holding midfielder at home against Daggers (OK so they are on a good run), but even so.

Then Kalala should come back in against Port Vale, as they are more likely to pose a threat.

Sturrock is very good at choosing the right team for the right game, and even during the 17 game run, he made 1 or 2 changes most weeks.

Gilbert/Mohsni/Benyon all on the bench with Morris and Sturrock.

If they (and I think they do) still have that loanee from West Ham, then Kalala might be necessary. He was a right pain in the posterior when we last played them and I think Gilbert might cope with him better than Prosser - hard to tell. I really don't think I wouldn't change a side that's just won 4-1 though, so same side for me, just changes to the bench.

If they (and I think they do) still have that loanee from West Ham, then Kalala might be necessary. He was a right pain in the posterior when we last played them and I think Gilbert might cope with him better than Prosser - hard to tell. I really don't think I wouldn't change a side that's just won 4-1 though, so same side for me, just changes to the bench.

Montano is the guy from W*** H** who is still with them and was very influential in their win against Gillingham on Friday. He played most of the game on the right hand side of a front three with Nurse and Woodall, who scored and showed some nice touches.
King Kev played well in midfield and in an article in the programme said that he much looking forward to the game at Southend.:smile:

Looking forward to this one. really hope we can build on the wimbledon win and get another 3 points. with players coming back we will have a much stronger squad. dicko will come back in and rightly so. should get above 6k hopefully.

Excellent - another opportunity for me to moan on about the loan system being out of control and detrimental to the health of lower division clubs and to the benefit of higher division clubs .......

Montano at Dagenham ............. is a clear example of how the system is being abused.

I'm not saying Southend haven't benefited in the past ........ if Timlin signs it will be a rare "positive" from the system .......... and whilst I am a fan of Daniel's ability between the posts, it seems clear that he is not going to be signing for us and I am therefore a little sad that Morris is sitting on the bench instead.

I'm off to have another aspirin now ........:darkcloud:

Really interested to see who starts and who's on the bench tomorrow. So many possibilities with Moshni, Gilbert, Dicko all returning from suspension. Benyon's arrival, will Ferdinand start, could Kalala make way and even the case for Morris to start in goal with Daniels loan about to expire.
Personally, I think Dicko, Gilbert will both start and I wouldn't be surprised if Kalala misses out. Can't see Harris on from the beginning either and if he was going to be then I'd have expected him to be withdrawn yesterday.

I think you are right, Welly 7 ........... and all we need is for Sturrock to come out and say he is going to freshen things up because of tired legs and knocks .......... which on past form seems to be Sturrock talk for "I'm going to keep the same XI". :winking:

It is some time since I can remember a Southend squad with so many options for a starting XI mid season ....... sometimes I think this is great as it makes things so much more interesting .......... and sometimes I worry because it means that players are not being consistent and "making the position their own" ............. but mostly I just keep smiling as the points total rises .........:thumbsup:

Pre-match thread : Southend versus the Daggers

Nobody started this up yet so i'll get it cracking with the game just tomorrow.

Having won comfortably at a very mediocre wombles just yesterday i would be surprised if whole sale changes were made.

Obviously we have a new front man but sturrock usually is reluctant to change a winning side so benyon may have to start on the bench.

Dont know too much about daggers other than they have been poor this season although im not sure too many outside of dagenham would have predicted a promotion season having sold some of there better players.

That said they have improved of late and such is this division that they are now outside of the relegation places and will be looking to stay there having previously looked doomed along with plymouth and a resurgent bradford.

Southend need to improve . I sticky patch had started pre wombles and again the referee seemed pivital in helping blues to a slightly flattering 4-1 win.

Tomorrows prediction. It will be a tight game with blues just coming out on top 2-1. Harris and hall the scorers infront of 6300 odd with 500 coming via daggers.

A more positive team selection and strategy than the Bradford home game and I will be happy!

Back