• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Incidentally, there was no pump ale or lager in the bar either........a little problem with cash flow here also?

Didn't we draw 2-2 with them last season with Scannell scoring both goals.

Started off a bit worried with Bilel, but he really grew into the game and was quite outstanding. As someone else said, can see him becoming a cult figure and a great spot by Sturrock.

Absolutely love Easton though, he's my new Kevin Maher! Calm on the ball, gets stuck in and a nice simple range of passing.

Grant similarly was super and seems to be revelling in this formation. If you know something Kay, can't you share it? ;)

Overall it was a really good performance against a decent Derby side. Glad my positive faith is slowly being repaid. :)

Oh also... Special mention to Barry Corr. I can see him getting slagged off by our fans as per normal because he isn't going to score 30 a season, but I really hope he gets a chance from the fans. He reminds me of Billy Paynter (see my concern) but showed enough nice touches, hold up play and headers won to show he will be a decent target man. I am not convinced patts or screech will get enough goals to play off him, but still a long way to go before our starting xi is settled.

Last edited:
Isn't it nice to have a thread that is positive about our team and their performance tonight inside the stadium. The protest once again turned into a waste of time , if these people focused on supporting the club we would have had a couple of hundred more fans in the stadium to witness it . Theres ways of going about things , not half hearted protests

Isn't it nice to have a thread that is positive about our team and their performance tonight inside the stadium. The protest once again turned into a waste of time , if these people focused on supporting the club we would have had a couple of hundred more fans in the stadium to witness it . Theres ways of going about things , not half hearted protests

I agree. Although If the protest happened at the Ipswich game, there would have been a lot of angry people there.
But as it happens, things do look on the up. A long way to get with removing the embargo etc..and not to forget the treatment that some people have received. But at the moment, it looks like we might have a competitive team to support next year.

Delighted to hear that Mohsni played well. I'm hoping he doesn't end up being the new Liptak, just sitting in the reserves all season, although I get the feeling that Sturrock will be braver with giving people a go.

Hopefully Evans and Soares can now be signed up. Soares hit 9 goals from midfield for Aldershot last year and could be a very good acquisition.

Delighted to hear that Mohsni played well. I'm hoping he doesn't end up being the new Liptak, just sitting in the reserves all season, although I get the feeling that Sturrock will be braver with giving people a go.

Hopefully Evans and Soares can now be signed up. Soares hit 9 goals from midfield for Aldershot last year and could be a very good acquisition.

I get the feeling sturrock will be braver and we'll see Crawford and Lewis getting decent squad time too.

Highlight of the evening was seeing OBL sitting outside the Fish House nonchalantly stuffing chips down her gob in the early evening breeze as the traffic raced by. An idyllic scene. Why, you could almost feel you were in Paris. Or even Rochdale.

Soares was superb. One of the best trialist performances I have seen. Get him in Luggy, before someone else does.

Highlight of the evening was seeing OBL sitting outside the Fish House nonchalantly stuffing chips down her gob in the early evening breeze as the traffic raced by. An idyllic scene. Why, you could almost feel you were in Paris. Or even Rochdale.

I saw a few people outside there but I didn't see you till after the game!

I didn't want to interrupt your ongoing conversation at your table. I'm good like that. I only poke my nose in when someone asks for a poke.

Hmmmm, that doesn't sound right .....

Firstly hats off to both Grant and Paterson for (so far) staying with us. Delighted that you are both here.

Defensively I thought we got off to a shakey start but got much better as the game went on. Gilbert looked a little off the pace and I thought young Herd did an admirable job when he came on. Bilel looks to be a confident player. Midfield of Grant and Easton worked well, Grant especially I thought once again showed what a good player he is, his commitment was second to none. Up front I thought both Corr and Paterson initially looked heavy legged but both showed some good touches. Corr needs to work on his first touch (second was a tackle) and Paterson needs ball to feet, I thought he looked particularly good when Screech came on and he played just behind him - we seemed to create a lot more. Soares looks to have done enough for a 'pre-contract' althought I saw both Grant and Paterson having a pop at him when coming off at half time - some passion, something that has been woefully missing in recent squads.

All in all a very enjoyable night, mainly because we didn't lose, and we did compete. Fingers crossed Luggy has one or two other diamonds to uncover and we can go into this new season with a passionate bunch who might just do the biz!

Finally I hope Russell Anderson is okay, took a massive knock to the head last night and was on his way to hospital last I heard.

Derby fans were good, vocal and loud, although there was one cretin who kept shouting for the Ref to book Granty!!!

Firstly hats off to both Grant and Paterson for (so far) staying with us. Delighted that you are both here.

Defensively I thought we got off to a shakey start but got much better as the game went on. Gilbert looked a little off the pace and I thought young Herd did an admirable job when he came on. Bilel looks to be a confident player. Midfield of Grant and Easton worked well, Grant especially I thought once again showed what a good player he is, his commitment was second to none. Up front I thought both Corr and Paterson initially looked heavy legged but both showed some good touches. Corr needs to work on his first touch (second was a tackle) and Paterson needs ball to feet, I thought he looked particularly good when Screech came on and he played just behind him - we seemed to create a lot more. Soares looks to have done enough for a 'pre-contract' althought I saw both Grant and Paterson having a pop at him when coming off at half time - some passion, something that has been woefully missing in recent squads.

All in all a very enjoyable night, mainly because we didn't lose, and we did compete. Fingers crossed Luggy has one or two other diamonds to uncover and we can go into this new season with a passionate bunch who might just do the biz!

Finally I hope Russell Anderson is okay, took a massive knock to the head last night and was on his way to hospital last I heard.

Derby fans were good, vocal and loud, although there was one cretin who kept shouting for the Ref to book Granty!!!

Nice to hear them (and Herd) get great ovations too...

Nice to see some positive talk about actual football for a change, refreshing to get away from doom and gloom of finance,even if its just for a while.

Back