• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Dover, Tuesday 2nd November, 7:45pm, NL

Starting XI and Result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 109 80.1%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 16 11.8%
  • Rob Howard

Votes: 91 66.9%
  • John White

Votes: 68 50.0%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 60 44.1%
  • Kacper Łopata

Votes: 111 81.6%
  • Charlie Sayers

Votes: 49 36.0%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 63 46.3%
  • James Dunne

• Nathan Ferguson

Votes: 87 64.0%
  • Harry Phillips

Votes: 33 24.3%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 96 70.6%
  • Zak Brunt

Votes: 107 78.7%
  • Terrell Egbri

Votes: 17 12.5%
  • Louis Walsh

• Simeon Akinola

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Matt Dennis

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Rhys Murphy

Votes: 65 47.8%
  • Sam Dalby

Votes: 97 71.3%
  • Matt Rush

Votes: 39 28.7%
  • Harry Seaden

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Win

Votes: 81 59.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 17 12.5%
  • Lose

Votes: 13 9.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have they backed the players?

The following have all featured in Maher’s two games in charge:
Seaden has made 3 league starts in total
Arnold 10 league games for us
Howard 2 league starts
Sayers 4 league starts
Lopata 1 match
Brunt 1 match
Ogogo 6 games for us
Dunne 9 league games for us
Phillips 7 league starts
Dalby 9 league starts for us
Murphy 10 league starts for us
Walsh 3 league starts
Bridge 13 league starts over 2 spells

These aren’t the player’s responsible for our double relegation. Most of them are on their second if not third manager in 10 or fewer starts. Pretty much all apart from the Sheff Utd lads have been written off as not good enough. Where’s the patience for them?
Yes I believe the fans have backed the team.... amazing numbers sufc have been taking away to places like boreham wood considering we are the worst run club in the country and have suffered back to back relegation! Fair play to those who continue to go and follow the club up and down the country ?

Must be quite depressing fans to go week in week out and served up absolute rubbish! Not even a single shot on target in the last 2 previous away games, that's shocking! I understand why some fans have pop at the players after dismal performance. Probably not the right thing to do interms of potentially damage players confidence but I do understand where some fans are coming from considering how much money they must fork out to go to some of these games.

Yes I believe the fans have backed the team.... amazing numbers sufc have been taking away to places like boreham wood considering we are the worst run club in the country and have suffered back to back relegation! Fair play to those who continue to go and follow the club up and down the country ?

Must be quite depressing fans to go week in week out and served up absolute rubbish! Not even a single shot on target in the last 2 previous away games, that's shocking! I understand why some fans have pop at the players after dismal performance. Probably not the right thing to do interms of potentially damage players confidence but I do understand where some fans are coming from considering how much money they must fork out to go to some of these games.
Surely its the quality of the support as much as the quantity?

if we took 20,00 fans away and they all booed the players, thats not good support.

I'm sure the players would be just as happy with 250 fans that REALLY get behind them and back them.

Surely its the quality of the support as much as the quantity?

if we took 20,00 fans away and they all booed the players, thats not good support.

I'm sure the players would be just as happy with 250 fans that REALLY get behind them and back them.
I get what your saying but considering how shocking we been can you blame fans for not getting behind the team?

Regardless of the number in support. Players have got to give the fans something to get behind to. Not a 1 way street I'm afraid.

I get what your saying but considering how shocking we been can you blame fans for not getting behind the team?

Regardless of the number in support. Players have got to give the fans something to get behind to. Not a 1 way street I'm afraid.
I would ask why are people travelling away to not get behind the team? We all want one thing and we need to play our part in that as well

Must win game against a very poor side... so im going for 1-0.

1-0 to Dover.

Southend will do what Southend do.

Sorry lads based on pure hope, can see us romping this on with a stromg 3-0 win and multiple woodwork hits.

We need a win to settle all the dust but i think maybe a draw is the likely outcome 1-1.
I agree that a draw is quite likely. I just can’t see us scoring 2 goals and we always concede. It would not be the end of the world in my eyes. It may take a few more games to turn it around. Just need some more new blood urgently!

As fans we need to stop bringing the previous three years and our back-back relegations into it. That’s not on the current squad. That’s our baggage, not the current squad’s, and it is time to draw a line under it.

Absolutely this - am confident we will have a good win tomorrow and the start of better times.

I would ask why are people travelling away to not get behind the team? We all want one thing and we need to play our part in that as well
They are hoping they wont be crap.

Same reason i went to many many games in the 80s and 90s....

This based on players seen this season and a 4-4-2 formation to attack at home, without what the management team have seen in training.

Obviously, with no knowledge of the up to date injury situation

I would be looking to attack, with instructions to get in front as early as possible and show the fans how good we can be:

....................................Arnold.....................................

Howard.......White..........Lopata..............Ralph

Walsh...........Brunt.............Bridge.......Dennis

.............Dalby.....................Rush.........................

Due to the injury update, I would now have Sayers in for Ralph.

We are travelling away each game because we support our club, because we want the team to win, to give us something to cheer about.
Give us the tools to work with, give us something to cheer about.

Now Listen, and listen good. Myself and other fans who travel away to many games may not be blessed with earning a good wage, were most of your money is accounted for before you even think about watching football. Where the cost of fuel can cost you £50 where tickets cost you £40 where food will cost you £10 for an away game.

And then you watch a game the other side of the country where the players don't play well, can't play well, or can't be bothered because they had a rough night the night before or they won't play for the manager.

Then fcuk yes, I WILL shout my displeasure at those players that are not working as hard as I do to earn the money to go and watch them play at being lazy kits.

Equally I will cheer the team on, all the way to the end, if they are pulling their plums out for the badge.

Rant over.

After watching both Daggers and Borehamwood games you can see after short time the new coaching team are slowly moving the team in the right direction.Felt we could have secured a point until the sending off.A win tomorrow will do wonders for moral and confidence but we need to be on the front foot and not too defensive.Probably Ferguson will replace Ogogo otherwise same team as last Saturday

A comment from the Dover fans forum:

"On paper this looks like a game we could win but we have had two of these already this year and have come up short so not holding out too much hope.
Good thing is we scored two goals Saturday and if we can keep that going against a team letting in an average of 2.5 goals per match, we might just get something out of the game, but we must do a lot better in defence."

Yes, Dover see this fixture as a good chance to secure their first win of the season. We shall see.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back