• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Dover, Tuesday 2nd November, 7:45pm, NL

Starting XI and Result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 109 80.1%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 16 11.8%
  • Rob Howard

Votes: 91 66.9%
  • John White

Votes: 68 50.0%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 60 44.1%
  • Kacper Łopata

Votes: 111 81.6%
  • Charlie Sayers

Votes: 49 36.0%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 63 46.3%
  • James Dunne

• Nathan Ferguson

Votes: 87 64.0%
  • Harry Phillips

Votes: 33 24.3%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 96 70.6%
  • Zak Brunt

Votes: 107 78.7%
  • Terrell Egbri

Votes: 17 12.5%
  • Louis Walsh

• Simeon Akinola

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Matt Dennis

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Rhys Murphy

Votes: 65 47.8%
  • Sam Dalby

Votes: 97 71.3%
  • Matt Rush

Votes: 39 28.7%
  • Harry Seaden

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Win

Votes: 81 59.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 17 12.5%
  • Lose

Votes: 13 9.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ic ant see Dover bringing many tonight. Maybe 50 at a push.

This leagues away support is woeful apart from a few bigger teams or those having a very good season.

Can't see our away end anywhere near full for many years.

Barry, Barry, Barry, did you get out of the wrong side of the bed again?

Anyone else really not confident about tonight?

I have a ticket but I'm genuinely too scared to go (plus i'd be going on my own) ... Think i'd rather go for a walk and follow on Twitter with everything crossed.
Get yourself down to Roots Hall mate. The players and management need your support. Things will start to turn. I feel more optimistic now than I have done in months despite our current position.

Get yourself down to Roots Hall mate. The players and management need your support. Things will start to turn. I feel more optimistic now than I have done in months despite our current position.
the players and management have always had our support... been coming for 40 plus years ...it doesnt get any worse than this! does it....

I might be tempted to revert to 3 at the back only once Demetriou & Ralph are fit again , as they would be superb wing backs.

For now , i'd go for the Diamond :

---------------------ARNOLD----------------------
HOBSON------WHITE-------LOPATA-------SAYERS
--------------------FERGUSON--------------------
-----------PHILLIPS-----------BRIDGE------------
---------------------BRUNT-----------------------
----------DALBY-------------MURPHY------------

bench: WALSH, DENNIS, HOWARD, DUNNE, SEADEN

Give Ferguson the responsibility that he is the holding man. Nothing gets past him. Sit in & allow Hobo & especially Sayers to attack the flanks. Phillips & Bridge buzzing, probing & creating. Get Brunt on the ball in a free role weaving his magic & making space for the strikers to bang in a few to lift our spirits & our confidence.
Score in the early 10 mins & we will smash in 7 !!!!! COME ON SOUTHEND!!!!!!!!!!
Interesting line-up. I would prefer Hobson as the centre-back partner of Lopata but other than that looks balanced and potentially very effective.

Does anybody know if I can pickup tonight’s game from Portugal.

Are you permanently based there? If so you can subscribe for the whole season and get BBC Essex commentary and other stuff for 54 Euros.

If it is just a one off, try subscribing to BBC Sounds and try and pick up the commentary through that website by choosing BBC Essex. I subscribe and have manged to get it also through BBC Sounds. I think you have to enter a UK postcode.

Paul Clark on BBC 'If your striker needs half a dozen chances to get a goal, get him half a dozen chances'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back