• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Massimo Giovanni

Old Timer⭐⭐
New game. Fast approaching against an unknown Uve Rosler FTFC.
I expect few changes from PB as there are no new signings so........

Please..............

Start Bridge playing off the shoulder of Cox. Mooney has not worked, nor shown signs of doing so despite some better work.

Any other ideas welcome.

if there are no new signings i'd start with the same team, or maybe bring McGlashan in for O'Neill.
we weren't terrible on Saturday so i'd say evolution rather than revolution is the way. we just need to be more clinical at each end

We should go unchanged in this game.

But i fear that Rosler will out think Brown & so i would employ 1 special tactic for this particular match. We need to nobble the Fleetwood centre backs so that they are forced to bring on the hapless Bolger off the bench. With Bolger on the pitch we really have a chance to capitalise on his uselessness.
In fact if Mooney were to have a proper fight with their centre half + they both get sent off , then its a win double :winking:

On what I've seen id say that bridge is a better talent than king. We have to jockey along and get results anyway we can against teams until we have players back from injury and new signings.

I'd be happy with a very drab 1-0 win. Probably be our lowest crowd of the season Saturday. Fleetwood took just 70 to chesterfield. Christ knows what they will bring to us. No more than 50 .

Start Bridge playing off the shoulder of Cox. Mooney has not worked, nor shown signs of doing so despite some better work.
Totally agree with this, and would also start McGlashan for O'Neil.

I thought we looked faster of thought and of mobility with Bridge pushing on in support and I think that Cox is a quality player who can handle the lone role.

I have only ever seen Mooney play twice (so probably a distorted view) and have been underwhelmed.I understand from reports that there is a decent player in there somewhere but I haven't seen any heart or desire from him yet. Give Cox the a free role up front and I think that he could make the most of it.

Tick Tock - time is running out for getting new players in, so I would make the only changes that he can and that is bring in Bridge for Mooney or Mcglashan for O'Neill.

There are no other options the squad is so small.

Oxley

Demetriou Sokolik Barrett Coker

Mcglashan Leonard King McLaughlin

Bridge

Cox

4-4-1-1 of course. Bridge offers so much more than Mooney and I think we should try and mould him into the same type of player who can have a similar impact to what Payne had.

Oxley

Demetriou Sokolik Barrett Coker

Mcglashan Leonard King McLaughlin

Bridge

Cox

4-4-1-1 of course. Bridge offers so much more than Mooney and I think we should try and mould him into the same type of player who can have a similar impact to what Payne had.

Why drop Thompson when he played well last week?

New game. Fast approaching against an unknown Uve Rosler FTFC.
I expect few changes from PB as there are no new signings so........

Please..............

Any other ideas welcome.

I agree with bringing Bridge in as he has looked promising in his cameos (unlike Williams who has looked anything but). My only concern with Bridge for Mooney is that leaves us with 2 very inexperienced players in King and Bridge. So maybe swap Bridge for King and retain Mooney. Or if replacing Mooney with Bridge bring Atkinson in for King.

If Atkinson plays I would also bring McGlashan in for O'Neil as Atkinson's higher work rate should allow us a more attacking option on the right.

Not sure if McGlashan can play for 90 mins he seems to fade.Best he comes of the bench against a tiring defence as he looked good doing that against Bristol

Don't care what the team is, but 3 points is a must.

Bolton and Scunthorpe away next....the two form sides and then 'Wall at home :'(:facepalm:

The table could be grim reading in the next few weeks, if we don't liven up.

Hope Bolger gets a fairly respectable reception - lets not forget who buried penalty number 8 into the back of the net at Wembley in the top corner when we needed it most, he had balls.

I think Mooney is a decent player but he's someone that needs the ball played to his feet, he doesn't have the aerial ability or the pace to work any other way. The problem is that's pretty much how Cox plays as well, 1 striker like that is fine because his partner can make up for his shortcomings, but 2 of them just doesn't work. I'm not sure Bridge is a Jack Payne replacement (although I haven't seen too much of him) but we have no options so I'd put him just behind Cox and hope something happens.

Anyway Fleetwood look like a good team, their league position is probably a bit misleading since they've played both Bolton and Scunthorpe. Unless PB pulls a striker out of the bag I think we'll lose this one.

I will settle for nothing less than a good performance, a bit of passion, quality and hopefully a good win.

Mind you I am often disappointed

If we can take our chances we should win.fleetwood are no mugs will be tough

I will be there! Hoping for a 5-0 stuffing.

I think we are all hoping for a 5-0 stuffing but that seems unlikely especially since I think that Rosler is a decent manager who will get the best out of the Fleetwood squad.

We just need to keep adding points at the moment and ensure that with six games gone (which is about the time I start looking at the table) we are not at the bottom end .............:sad:

Hope Bolger is well received - things didn't work out whilst he was here but that is no reason to be nasty towards him, is it?

I think we are all hoping for a 5-0 stuffing but that seems unlikely especially since I think that Rosler is a decent manager who will get the best out of the Fleetwood squad.

We just need to keep adding points at the moment and ensure that with six games gone (which is about the time I start looking at the table) we are not at the bottom end .............:sad:

Hope Bolger is well received - things didn't work out whilst he was here but that is no reason to be nasty towards him, is it?
Given that a few idiots booed Luke Prosser in the pre-season friendly when Colchester came, I wouldn't put it past some people.

Back