• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

There have always been morons over the years who sometimes take perverted pleasure in seeing our beloved team lose….... In my book this is inexcusable in the extreme. There can never be any justification in wishing defeat on our team and I wish they would shut up and get behind the boys. COYBB

Looking into brown s pre match interview ,he’s looking at several players
but nothing about signing before sat ,so we can assume that there will be
another week or two off ********

I did notice that Josh Bexon was in the unders game the other day, makes me think that he might usurp Nathan Bishop as sub goalie.

I think this is crying out for 3-5-2, with Coker and Demi as wing backs. Macca can play a more central role alongside Timlin, just not sure who else to put in the middle atm! I'd still start Cox, he's our most dangerous forward, but I think I'd like to see Wabo alongside him. One thing is for sure, having lost Ranger and Lenny, and now Woody to injury, we're going to be lacking height.

We never seem to play well with different formations. Also Coker is generally awful when he doesn't have someone in front of him.

The other factor is, Demi and Coker get forward anyway and as wing backs they either stop doing this (as they get isolated) or we end up with massive gaps behind them

I did notice that Josh Bexon was in the unders game the other day, makes me think that he might usurp Nathan Bishop as sub goalie.

I think this is crying out for 3-5-2, with Coker and Demi as wing backs. Macca can play a more central role alongside Timlin, just not sure who else to put in the middle atm! I'd still start Cox, he's our most dangerous forward, but I think I'd like to see Wabo alongside him. One thing is for sure, having lost Ranger and Lenny, and now Woody to injury, we're going to be lacking height.

Yep, I like the idea of 3-5-2, as well. Still prefer Hendrie to Coker as a wing-back, but it's a tough call and I doubt PB would put Hendrie in anyway.

The middle three, I'd play Kites in there with Timlin and Macca. Tims obviously sitting in front of the back three to cover the wing-backs when they bomb forward. Mentioned before that Fleetwood have a tricky fella out wide left, so might need to keep an eye on him.

Forwards, I'm warming to the idea of Wabo and Cox, based on what's been said about Norm this week. :thumbsup:

As time goes on it's looking less and less likely we will actually have any new signing(s) in for tomorrow.

So, with Wright & Wordsworth injured and Lenny sold who on earth is playing in midfield tomorrow? Very worrying times and we could lose the battle in the middle before a ball is even kicked tomorrow.

As time goes on it's looking less and less likely we will actually have any new signing(s) in for tomorrow.

So, with Wright & Wordsworth injured and Lenny sold who on earth is playing in midfield tomorrow? Very worrying times and we could lose the battle in the middle before a ball is even kicked tomorrow.

Would have thought Yearwood and Timlin. Which actually isn't the end of the world. Everyone has been calling for Yearwood to get more starts, and Timlin will be a lot more effective in his natural position. He's also likely to put a foot in and gee everyone up. It's youth and experience, left foot and right foot. It could certainly be worse. Can Yearwood be box to box for 90 minutes though? He's a threat going forward but lightweight defensively at the moment.

Would have thought Yearwood and Timlin. Which actually isn't the end of the world. Everyone has been calling for Yearwood to get more starts, and Timlin will be a lot more effective in his natural position. He's also likely to put a foot in and gee everyone up. It's youth and experience, left foot and right foot. It could certainly be worse. Can Yearwood be box to box for 90 minutes though? He's a threat going forward but lightweight defensively at the moment.

I remember seeing Tims at the home game against Newport (?) shouting at Ba (?) with no shortage of fecking to be heard so I think he (Tims) could possibly be a good "mentor" to Yearwood and keep him focused. :smile:

I remember seeing Tims at the home game against Newport (?) shouting at Ba (?) with no shortage of fecking to be heard so I think he (Tims) could possibly be a good "mentor" to Yearwood and keep him focused. :smile:

We can at least be sure both of our central midfielders will be giving 100% for the cause. Not sure that's been the case recently.

I can only assume you didn't go to Northampton. Yearwood was well out of his depth and gave the ball away almost every time he had it. Admittedly playing with a lackadaisical Wordsworth may not have helped him

Yearwood is a year or two away from being a regular, same as Elvis, (probably Wabo, although I have seen little of him).

They are at the stage that Kyprianou was at this time last year, yet are being asked to play week in and week out due to the clubs totally ineptitude in signing players that 1) are any good 2) aren't injured 3) fit into the team

I can only assume you didn't go to Northampton. Yearwood was well out of his depth and gave the ball away almost every time he had it. Admittedly playing with a lackadaisical Wordsworth may not have helped him

Those two together was never going to work. But yes, the situation is far from ideal and we all know whose fault that is. But we have to make the best of it. Playing at home will be better for Dru and we have at least seen glimpses of what he can do.

Originally Posted by RayleighShrimp
May upset a few, but it’s all about opinions, I’d take a heavy defeat, if it gets him the boot. And hope fresh ideas kickstart our season.

Been saying the same thing for the last 4 or 5 games.

Watch it you may get called a moron, clearly people have not read the post about respecting others opinions and name calling, anyhow it sadly looks like Ron is sticking, I wish he would twist.

Oxley
White, Turner, Kyprianou, Coker
Demetriou, Timlin, McLaughlin
Cox
Wabo, Fortune

Subs
Bishop, Hendrie, Ferdinand, Kightly, McLashan, Robinson, Yearwood

Ive just threatened the kids that if they misbehave tonight I’ll be getting them kids for a quid tix for tomorrow - is that too severe punishment?

Fleetwood are quite good
We are quite bad
I really really think we'll lose
I really really hope we'll win

Brown has said that he will be going for experience in his selection for tomorrow's game. He also said he is considering positional changes for one or two players. This probably means that Ferdinand and White will play and possibly Demetriou playing in a midfield role. He says he won't start with Wabo. Looks as if we are going to rely on the usual Dad's Army to get a result.

We can at least be sure both of our central midfielders will be giving 100% for the cause. Not sure that's been the case recently.
Having to play when injured,shouldn’t be mistaken for lack of effort.

Back