• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United v Gillingham

Great Effort by all.

Let's hope for an equally good second half and a break or two.

If, and it is a hopeful if, we could sneak a goal, I think it'll be an unsettled and testy Gills side we see, not an elbows up and dig in.
You just don't get a good vibe from their squad.

I am soooo glad we didn't have Evens here.

So far so good, but its been the 2nd half thats been our undoing of late.

Probably because teams think they can just turn up and win. They get in at half time to a bollocking from the boss and actually try second half.

So far I'm not sure Gillingham have got out of 2nd gear.

Good first half as most have been lately. Lets hope the boys do not run out of steam second half. It is a huge step up from the 23's to league 1 and you cannot blame them if they do tire. I think this has happened in the previous few games. Whatever the result they certainly give their all.

I make that the third game in a row we’ve made it to HT, at 0-0. Not bad.

Decent performance again from the weans. Still toothless up front, mind.

Gillingham are one of my most hated teams. ****ing despise them. Would give me great satisfaction to see us nick a shock W tonight.

A decent half - and wonder upon wonder - the passing's been pretty slick, especially the approach play. Admittedly, it's bypassed Mantom - no bad thing as far as that's concerned.
The defence have protected the rookie keeper, so so far so good.
Shaughnessy, that's Shaughnessy folks, is in the building! Who would have thought?
At least, it will make the 10 minutes after half-time interesting.

A decent half - and wonder upon wonder - the passing's been pretty slick, especially the approach play. Admittedly, it's bypassed Mantom - no bad thing as far as that's concerned.
The defence have protected the rookie keeper, so so far so good.
Shaughnessy, that's Shaughnessy folks, is in the building! Who would have thought?
At least, it will make the 10 minutes after half-time interesting.

Actually, I think Mantom has played a couple of sublime passes in that half.

Still don’t rate him, but credit where it’s due

Good first half so far, and probably edged it. Gills have offered nothing and been very very poor.
We have worked very hard and I reckon it will be 1-0 Gills after an hour with their first shot on target.
Fingers crossed though for a bit of a break. God we need it.

Actually, I think Mantom has played a couple of sublime passes in that half.

Still don’t rate him, but credit where it’s due
The ball over the top to kelman was a bit special. Shame their defender upended Charlie.

Good first half so far, and probably edged it. Gills have offered nothing and been very very poor.
We have worked very hard and I reckon it will be 1-0 Gills after an hour with their first shot on target.
Fingers crossed though for a bit of a break. God we need it.

Gillingham were very, very poor and we edged it, but it was a good half. I'm confused?

Was puzzled by Sol moving Clifford to LM but he’s looked excellent. Good battling half and played a bit of good football too. They look stronger but we are holding our own. I hope Kyps manages to keep the stamina up.

Peterborough and Coventry were both pretty poor in the first half. Let’s hope Gillingham don’t do what the other two did and have a better second half.

Back