• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

LBBlue

Manager⭐
After watching the game at Gillingham in August who would have thought that we would be just 1 point ahead of them with 7 games left.

I think we might have 2 or 3 changes from yesterday. Kightly and Harrison to start with possibly Timlin back in.

I think we still need 3 points to be safe.

Not many trains on Monday - Nothing to Prittlewell and Sunday service on C2C.

Edit : my mistake they are running from Billericay onwards.

Last edited:
Southend United vs Gillingham Fc

I think yesterday’s result, and the manner of the defeat, definitely warrants an early entrance for our next league game preview. Not long to Monday and Gillingham at home then. We’re in 12[SUP]th[/SUP] place with 50 points and they’re in 14[SUP]th[/SUP] place with one point less. Neither side has too much to play for now apart from pride and new contracts, and in our case an opportunity to show that we can’t possibly play as badly as we did yesterday. Hopefully the crowd will be a decent size for an Easter Monday game and the weather reasonable. With those ingredients we should be in for an absolute cracker. (I can dream).

So, my team for Monday? Just a bit tricky, but here we go:

Oxley​
Bwomono Ferdinand Turner Coker​
Demitriou Yearwood Mantom Kightly​
Coxy Fortuné​

After watching the PA debacle on Fri, got no confidence for Gills game. So will go 0-0, just cant see a win !

I think we will see a good reaction from us on Monday after the Plymouth game, plenty of goals as well with us winning 3-2:thumbsup:

A draw most likely? An almost agreed 1-1 would likely see both sides safe, so I'm not expecting fireworks.

We've had a shocking record against them recently so I really want us to win this one! I'm not sure what the answers are, Turner and White have looked solid previously, and, with only a few days, it's not enough time to experiment, the question is whether Anton comes back in. Kightly needs to start on the left, and, despite the fact I still think he is our best midfielder and as SCP seems to want to play Mantom, then Woody should be on the bench. Up top, I think I'd like to see Ladapo or Harrison start alongside Cox.

A bit of a puzzle for the boss ahead of Monday.

We've had a shocking record against them recently so I really want us to win this one! I'm not sure what the answers are, Turner and White have looked solid previously, and, with only a few days, it's not enough time to experiment, the question is whether Anton comes back in. Kightly needs to start on the left, and, despite the fact I still think he is our best midfielder and as SCP seems to want to play Mantom, then Woody should be on the bench. Up top, I think I'd like to see Ladapo or Harrison start alongside Cox.

A bit of a puzzle for the boss ahead of Monday.

The Plymouth forward play was quick and incisive on the deck, Kay, so I'm doubtful that Anton should be brought back in unless either Turner or White are going to struggle with another game so soon. I don't think Wordsworth's slightly unbothered style will see him replacing Mantom in the middle, either. Mantom looked tidy in a team that struggled yesterday and deserves to keep his place. But Kightly had a bit of spark when he came on and I think that he should be in ahead of McLaughlin. And no harm in giving MAF a rest too for one of the youngsters.

Hopefully the crowd will be a decent size for an Easter Monday game and the weather reasonable.

Heavy rain forecast all day, with the pitch no doubt still wet from last few days ( doubt it was covered? ), so def wont be a classic.
Just hope we get 3 pts to reach that safety mark, as very unlikely to get anything at Blackburn next Saturday?.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, my team for Monday? Just a bit tricky, but here we go:

Oxley​
Bwomono Ferdinand Turner Coker​
Demitriou Yearwood Mantom Kightly​
Coxy Fortuné​

I wouldn't mind that lineup. I'd probably switch Kightly and Demetriou. I'd like to see Kightly on the right more personally.

Not a chance of seeing Demitriou on the left, most right footed player I've seen for a long time!

Agreed,but ironically Phil Brown played him at left back once, possibly twice, ahead of Hendrie. Now that was bizarre.

Not a chance of seeing Demitriou on the left, most right footed player I've seen for a long time!

Well he played left midfield most of his time Leyton Orient. He also played on the left vs Shrewsbury and was one of the only highlighted performances from that game if I recall. I just want to see Kightly get a ball into the box sooner. If he's going to be cutting back most of the time and getting a ball into the box late, why can't Demetriou do that?

The square pegs in round holes thing again.

That's why McLaughlin should be on the left.

McGlashan (understandably) hasn't played under SCP but as an ex Gill I would like to see him on the bench on Monday.

Well he played left midfield most of his time Leyton Orient. He also played on the left vs Shrewsbury and was one of the only highlighted performances from that game if I recall. I just want to see Kightly get a ball into the box sooner. If he's going to be cutting back most of the time and getting a ball into the box late, why can't Demetriou do that?

Because both Kightly and McLaughlin can use both feet.

Maybe it's time SCP shook things up a bit and had a look at the future. Give some of the younger chaps a go even if only off the bench. Blooding a few in the league this season may pay dividends next term. Even if we lose it can be a winner in the long term.

Drop White and Wordsworth for Ferdinand and Kightly. Job done clean sheet and a 2-0 win.

Always a tough one against Gillingham.
Actually, given the weather forecast for tomorrow and the recent rain we have had will the pitch hold up?

Back