• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v King's Lynn Town, Friday 21st January, 7.45pm KO, NL

Starting XI and Result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 125 91.2%
  • Leon Davies

Votes: 110 80.3%
  • John White

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 109 79.6%
  • Kacper Łopata

Votes: 126 92.0%
  • Ollie Kensdale

Votes: 27 19.7%
  • Josh Coulson

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 122 89.1%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 111 81.0%
  • Harrison Neal

Votes: 122 89.1%
  • Nathan Ferguson

Votes: 16 11.7%
  • Will Atkinson

Votes: 91 66.4%
  • Lewis Gard

Votes: 13 9.5%
  • Jack Bridge - INJURED

Votes: 16 11.7%
  • James Dunne

• Abu Ogogo - INJURED

• Terrell Egbri

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Louis Walsh

• Matt Dennis

Votes: 124 90.5%
  • Rhys Murphy - INJURED

Votes: 53 38.7%
  • Sam Dalby

Votes: 123 89.8%
  • Matt Rush

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • Collin Ndeng-Ndi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Harry Seaden

• Rob Howard

• Eren Kinali

• Harry Phillips

• Harry Cardwell

Votes: 65 47.4%
  • Noor Husin

• Win

Votes: 101 73.7%
  • Draw

• Lose

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess it away games then? Probably listen in Essex radio, seem to be able to get that up here in deepest Leicestershire

I have more bad news for you unfortunately piersend. Essex Radio(Radio Essex) doesn't do the live commentary. It's BBC Essex.

Frequency: FM: 95.3 MHz; FM: 103.5; DAB: 12D; Freeview: 734
Broadcast area: Essex

I was there to see the 19 goals against Kings Lynn and Brentwood. It wasn't like today. The gulf in class was massive. It was food and drink for King Billy and Gary.
This was the days of truly part-time non-leaguers.
Both the vanquished trained only two days a week, and otherwise held down full-time jobs.
That's why it was rare for a non-league side to overturn a league outfit.
Five years earlier I suffered the ignominy of seeing us go out to Yeovil in round one on the famous old sloping Huish.
I was praying there would be others suffering that November 16 day - and there were none.
Had to wait until Monday before Kettering did a number on Millwall in a replay.
And that was that.
Two league beaten by non-leaguers in 44 ties.

I'm pretty certain you won't be able to watch the game live, although I've never tried. Blues player may let you watch a complete recording of it after the game. The main man in the know on that is @Tangled up in Blue.
Got a mate (also on SZ) who recorded all our games on BBC Essex (even though he'd been to them all live ,home & away).We do have some "dedicated" supporters

How I expect to line up:

Arnold
Hobson Lopata Ralph
Davies Neal Ferguson Clifford
Dalby Cardwell Dennis

This is how we lined up opening game of the season:

Arnold
Demi White Coulson Ralph Bridge
Ferguson Ogogo Phillips
Dalby Murphy
Interesting to see how different the side is now compared to that day. This side feels a lot more balanced than the other especially having Clifford at LWB and Ralph slotting into LB when he gets forward.

How I expect to line up:

Arnold
Hobson Lopata Ralph
Davies Neal Ferguson Clifford
Dalby Cardwell Dennis

This is how we lined up opening game of the season:

Arnold
Demi White Coulson Ralph Bridge
Ferguson Ogogo Phillips
Dalby Murphy
Interesting to see how different the side is now compared to that day. This side feels a lot more balanced than the other especially having Clifford at LWB and Ralph slotting into LB when he gets forward.
Agree with that, apart from Ferguson. Should it be someone else?
Atkinson looked the part in his spell in and around Xmas. Maybe both at different parts of the game?

Think Ralph might be a better choice in LWB than so have gone for this line up - very youthful looking side!

Arnold
Hobson Kensdale Lopata
Davies Neal Ferguson Ralph
Dalby Cardwell Dennis​

Agree with that, apart from Ferguson. Should it be someone else?
Atkinson looked the part in his spell in and around Xmas. Maybe both at different parts of the game?
Thought Atkinson had a good couple of games vs Weymouth and Yeovil but went off at HT vs Yeovil so not sure if he is injured?

Think Ralph might be a better choice in LWB than so have gone for this line up - very youthful looking side!

Arnold
Hobson Kensdale Lopata
Davies Neal Ferguson Ralph
Dalby Cardwell Dennis​
ok i'll pre-empt the next level of whinging for if we lose.

"cant win anything with kids"

"we need experience at this level"

:Whistling:

ok i'll pre-empt the next level of whinging for if we lose.

"cant win anything with kids"

"we need experience at this level"

:Whistling:
Funnily enough I looked at that and couldn't see an obvious captain (Ralph I would suppose).....or much experience..we could see White in there if fit

Funnily enough I looked at that and couldn't see an obvious captain (Ralph I would suppose).....or much experience..we could see White in there if fit
I dont think experience matters that much for your captains role these days.

I may be out of touch but id always give it to the person in the dressing room with drive but a level head, that other players respect and listen too, preferably a midfielder.

There is likely other far more ITK on this than me, but believe Husin has signed in time to play, but might be carrying a knock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back