• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Leeds

toellandback

Andy Cap
Good afternoon one and all

So the time is nearly upon us for your “cup final”, the game where form is no guide and you beat us regardless of how much better we are ;). This year I am hoping we will stop being so generous and give you a proper game, maybe we will play a certain Mr Beckford up front and not on the wing for a change. I am also travelling with more optimism then normal this year; this is because I am hoping to travel down by train in the afternoon. My last two previous visits have been marred by long delays on the A12, missing kick off and then losing. If I can get there on time surely nothing can stop us finally winning at our bogey ground….. Can it??

We travel to Southend on the back of 8 straight victories, a club record, and resemble a different side to the one that played you at home last year. Under Larry Grayson’s guidance we are a much more competitive side that fights to earn the right to play football, something we haven’t done in years. Larry has also shut the door at the back and made us much harder to play against, one goal conceded from open play in the league this year plays tribute to that. I am sure I don’t have to tell you anything about our attackers; I will say though that a player I think will be key for us this year has started really slowly. Robert Snodgrass has the talent to play at a higher level then this but isn’t showing it so far this season. Friday would be a nice time to change that.

I wish you well for the rest of your season after Friday’s game and the return fixture is out of the way. I have met some great people through your club and keep on eye out for your scores still; I hope that Tilly gets the support his achievements deserve. Like I said earlier I maybe travelling down Friday afternoon and would be willing to stump up for the odd drink if anyone is interested, just the one mind.

See you friday

Despite beating you on your last 2 visits I'd be happy with a draw in this one but can't see us getting one. Not looking forward to our defence facing Beckford and Snodgrass and I imagine you'll be hard to break down. Still, things are more optimistic after Orient, Barnard's on fire and there should be a cracking atmosphere. Safe journey.

It's Southend United V Weeds not the other way around you Plonker Gareth..

Altered.:)

I hope that Tilly gets the support his achievements deserve. Like I said...

The influence of Tilson is obviously rubbing off on you.

;)

I predict a 1-1 draw - we're still buzzing after last Friday's game, we played well, we're full of confidence at home, and we're a tougher prospect (especially at home) than most you've played this season in the league (Exeter, Wycombe, Walsall, Tranmere, Colchester, Stockport), with probably only our in-bred cousins from the north of the county being comparable to us.

Matt

Despite beating you on your last 2 visits I'd be happy with a draw in this one but can't see us getting one. Not looking forward to our defence facing Beckford and Snodgrass and I imagine you'll be hard to break down. Still, things are more optimistic after Orient, Barnard's on fire and there should be a cracking atmosphere. Safe journey.
Cant think of a better time to play Leeds, a spring in our step after Os, a forward who is on fire, as good a midfield as any in the div, and most importent, a sign of a half decent defence. So for me 2 0 blues, Barnard with a double.

i reckon its a 1-0 job to the shrimpers.. I think im feeling lucky.

You're going DAHN Gareff.... I unfortunately, am not :'(

1-0 tight game but a wondergoal by Mooooooooossssssssseeee will seal the deal.

Good afternoon one and all

So the time is nearly upon us for our “cup final”, the game where form is no guide and you beat us regardless of how much better we are ;). This year I am hoping we will stop being so generous and give you a proper game, maybe we will play a certain Mr Beckford up front and not on the wing for a change. I am also travelling with more optimism then normal this year; this is because I am hoping to travel down by train in the afternoon. My last two previous visits have been marred by long delays on the A12, missing kick off and then losing. If I can get there on time surely nothing can stop us finally winning at our bogey ground….. Can it??

We travel to Southend on the back of 8 straight victories, a club record, and resemble a different side to the one that played you at home last year. Under Larry Grayson’s guidance we are a much more competitive side that fights to earn the right to play football, something we haven’t done in years. Larry has also shut the door at the back and made us much harder to play against, one goal conceded from open play in the league this year plays tribute to that. I am sure I don’t have to tell you anything about our attackers; I will say though that a player I think will be key for us this year has started really slowly. Robert Snodgrass has the talent to play at a higher level then this but isn’t showing it so far this season. Friday would be a nice time to change that.

I wish you well for the rest of your season after Friday’s game and the return fixture is out of the way. I have met some great people through your club and keep on eye out for your scores still; I hope that Tilly gets the support his achievements deserve. Like I said earlier I maybe travelling down Friday afternoon and would be willing to stump up for the odd drink if anyone is interested, just the one mind.

See you friday

Edited for accuracy

Cant think of a better time to play Leeds, a spring in our step after Os, a forward who is on fire, as good a midfield as any in the div, and most importent, a sign of a half decent defence. So for me 2 0 blues, Barnard with a double.

Plus Leeds are surely due to drop some points soon!

You're going DAHN Gareff.... I unfortunately, am not :'(

1-0 tight game but a wondergoal by Mooooooooossssssssseeee will seal the deal.

I feel a big bet coming on here Coxy! Come on give him a chance to get his own back!!;)

Beckfords a doubt for friday, he didn't play saturday. One of the most prolific strikers in england but still manages to miss 3/4 chances a game. That said if his finishing or first control were better he wouldn't still be in this league.

We are playing well and are obviously on good form, that said i am never confident about playing you lot. I have had my hopes dashed too much these past couple of years. I have also have a niggling feeling that we have to lose sometime and i fear it may be friday.

Defensively we are looking alot better this year with strong cover at centre back, infact we have too many of them on the books. We also have a keeper who can catch so look out :D

Beckfords a doubt for friday, he didn't play saturday. One of the most prolific strikers in england but still manages to miss 3/4 chances a game. That said if his finishing or first control were better he wouldn't still be in this league.

We are playing well and are obviously on good form, that said i am never confident about playing you lot. I have had my hopes dashed too much these past couple of years. I have also have a niggling feeling that we have to lose sometime and i fear it may be friday.

Defensively we are looking alot better this year with strong cover at centre back, infact we have too many of them on the books. We also have a keeper who can catch so look out :D

We will give your toughest game yet on friday ..

It will be a real test come this Friday..Weeds unbeaten...Us there bogie team..they will of course bring a few thousand down + of course the hidden 2000 crew (snore)..I still think we play great football unlike most teams in this league...

Lets get behind the boys and show them we are SUFC!

Beckford - pah, we had him in our back pockets last year, Becchio worries me more.

Back