• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BrettieAngell

THE ROCK GOD
Right I've had enough of talking and reading about a certain Frenchman we have a massive game tomorrow, so lets gets our minds focused on that! Bring it on!!

Do you know if you can buy a ticket on the night? Checked the website and not sure its just for the Orient end?

The lads need no other incentive. Yes, we're depleted but to be in touching distance of a Wembley final doesn't come around very often and for some of these players it could well be their last chance to grace the home of football.

We're not going to have 11 men out there Wednesday night, we're going to have almost 6,000 and every single one of us needs to stand up and be counted.

These boys are pulling on our shirt, our badge so lets get behind them from the first whistle to the last.

Yeah lets make sure the Orient fans can't be heard on TV (shouldn't be too difficult), from the first whistle we need to be 100% behind the lads!

Lets get some noisy chants going to get behind the team, and not just the endless anti Borient chant which reflects more about the fans feelings than spurring on the players. By all means now and again but not all the time please.

Come on you Blue boys, do it for us, do it for yourselves, do it for Sturrock, do it for Timmo! 4 good reasons to be heroes, every one of them :smile:

Lets get some noisy chants going to get behind the team, and not just the endless anti Borient chant which reflects more about the fans feelings than spurring on the players. By all means now and again but not all the time please.

This.

I'm all for a quick chorus of 'We hate Orient' but it's not exactly what our boys want and need to be hearing.

Smith

Clohessy
Straker
Corr
Prosser

Hurst
Mayor
Lund
Leonard

Reeves

Assombalonga

Cannot believe we're going into the biggest game of the last 15 years (IMO) with Barry Corr at centre-half.

Smith

Clohessy
Straker
Corr
Prosser

Hurst
Mayor
Lund
Leonard

Reeves

Assombalonga

Cannot believe we're going into the biggest game of the last 15 years (IMO) with Barry Corr at centre-half.

I'd go for that too except Freddy to start and Britt on bench. Cometh the hour, cometh the man, and I can't help but feel this has got Fred's name written all over it.

It would be a huge call for Sturrock to drop Britt for Eastwood now. I'll believe it when I see it.

I don't think it's that much of a stretch. Britt isn't looking the same man since his injury.

Indeed, Freddy definitely looked hungrier on Saturday. Plus there's Harris as well, might it be time to allow one of the more experienced players to try and carry the game? I honestly think Reeves will start, and for me, he needs someone to play off....and that's not Britt.

Do you know if you can buy a ticket on the night? Checked the website and not sure its just for the Orient end?

Yep we have about 3,000 tickets left in the home stands. Can't see all those selling out. Mind you I bet most of the East Stand is sold out and the better seats in the South Upper and West Stands.

Dropped Britt against Cheltenham though didnt he?

Wasnt fit though?

Id be surprised if Britt was dropped, but he hasnt scored in 11, going back a fair way before his injury so does seem to have lost his edge, possibly because he isnt with Tomlin.

Not for Freddy. Even when Sturrock seemed to be looking to squeeze Eastwood into the side earlier in the season it was along with Britt & Tomlin not instead of one of them.

That's when they were looking good, it's a different story now sadly as Britt is totally out of sorts.

Brit up front for me , with Reeves tucked in the hole behind him.

Despite what that maggot Cook is blurting about on the bbc website , all the pressure is on Orient. We dont have to score , in fact we can even lose the game + still get through ( on pens again ) Orient need to score more than once to knock us straight out , the clock will be ticking down + they will get increasingly desperate. Then we'll see how failed premiershite players like Cook deal with pressure!

Come on Southend , we can do this !!!!!!!!:loyalsupporter:

Back