• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brit up front for me , with Reeves tucked in the hole behind him.

Despite what that maggot Cook is blurting about on the bbc website , all the pressure is on Orient. We dont have to score , in fact we can even lose the game + still get through ( on pens again ) Orient need to score more than once to knock us straight out , the clock will be ticking down + they will get increasingly desperate. Then we'll see how failed premiershite players like Cook deal with pressure!

Come on Southend , we can do this !!!!!!!!:loyalsupporter:

mick-mccarthy.gif

For me Reeves has to play, the fact that he didn't start on saturday was a joke!!
Britt has terribly out of form but I'd still much rather him start than have Freddy playing, he's lazy and way out of shape plus barely had any game time.

I've heard theres nearly 7k tickets sold so hopefully it will be 7.5k or maybe nearer 8k by kick off time tomorrow.

It would be a huge call for Sturrock to drop Britt for Eastwood now. I'll believe it when I see it.

Britt hasn't scored a goal since November and he has been playing (despite a few weeks injured). Freddy looked dangerous when we give him the ball, the cameras are out...could it be his time.

Personally, both are decent and I would love to see both play.

If we can get to the LDV Vans trophy final with Drewe Broughton up front then we can get to the Johnstones Paint Trophy final with Corr at the back.

Britt hasn't scored a goal since November and he has been playing (despite a few weeks injured). Freddy looked dangerous when we give him the ball, the cameras are out...could it be his time.

Personally, both are decent and I would love to see both play.

Personally I'd love to see a 4-4-1-1 with freddy up top, reeves just behind in support. Britt and hurst on the wings! Can see us sitting deep, soaking up the pressure and counter attacking. The longer we stop them from scoring the more they will panic and leave holes at the back.

Very nervous about this game. I was at Hartlepool on Saturday, where we threw it away against a team we simply had to beat if we had any play off ambitions. On paper, our team was miles ahead of theirs, yet they showed more desire to get that win. I feel tomorrow night might be a repeat of that.

While we have by no means an injury crisis, Kevin Lisbie still isn't back which is a nightmare as he is by far and away our biggest goal threat. Dean Cox was nowhere to be seen on Saturday due to injury and Gary Sawyer our left back was stretchered off with a suspected broken leg after an innocuous challenge (remind you of something?!). However, we SHOULD be good enough to beat a team with Barry Corr at centre back. However, we are Leyton Orient, we f*ck it up routinely when it really matters.

We will line up something like this, assuming Cox is out:

Jamie Jones

Scott Cuthbert (who is a CB by trade) - Nathan Clarke - Matty Baudry - Leon McSweeney (who is a RB by trade)

Moses Odubajo - Romain Vincelot/Lloyd James - Martin Rowlands - Lee Cook

Shaun Batt - David Moooooooooney

I have been to Roots Hall 3 times, and we have won all 3. It's bound to end sometime!

If we're going to have any chance, we need to defend from the front. The chances are with our depleted side we will be on the back foot for a lot of the game and will look to hit Orient on the counter attack. For those reasons, I would start Britt. He caused problems with little support during the away game and forced them back with his channel running and pace. Freddy is not exactly a workhorse and while I can see the benefits to playing him when we have to unlock teams, I would venture tomorrow is one for Britt.

Freddy has to start for me. Looked very lively saturday and britt has looked poor.

Freddy and reeves for me with BBBC at the back.

Cmon you blues.

We may be depleted but with the whole ground roaring we can do this , but we have to be the 12th man from start to finish.

For me Reeves has to play, the fact that he didn't start on saturday was a joke!!
Britt has terribly out of form but I'd still much rather him start than have Freddy playing, he's lazy and way out of shape plus barely had any game time.

I've heard theres nearly 7k tickets sold so hopefully it will be 7.5k or maybe nearer 8k by kick off time tomorrow.

I thought it was a clever move from Sturrock, this is the important game and Northampton were a big side and Reeves could possibly have got a knock and been out for this one.

Not really getting all this Freddy looked sharpe business. Sitting from the south upper and having a very good view he was lazy and barely broke a sweat the whole game. He's not even half the player he was and would rather a out of form Britt than have him starting. Yes he one good freekick but thats it really.

I am absolutely buzzing for this match already, probably won't sleep too much tonight (cheesy I know) but I also don't want to get too excited because I know that I probably won't be able to cope with the ultimate disappointment... let's just hope that the team go out there, stick to the game plan and fire us to the home of football! COYB

I have a feeling that possibly Phillips and Barker or one of them may be fit for this one.

Therefore im going with

Smith
Clohessy, Prosser, Phillips or Barker, Straker
Hurst, Lund, Leonard, Mayor
Reeves
Corr (Harris, Fred or Britt) take your pick

That doesnt look a bad side to me. Solid in the middle of the park, width and pace with Mayor and Reeves.

Keep it tight and hit them on the break. Im going 1-1.

What I'm worried about is if Phillips and barker aren't back what leaders do we genuinely have out there. In the last round we had Phillips, barker, cresswell and timlin along with hurst. If no Phillips or barker who will stand up and be a leader? Prosser? Half of our midfield is now full of loanees so i don't know whether they will lead by example like timlin did.

I think the extra time is in the Wembley final, not the Area final.

Back