• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

who wants to sit in the East Stand anyways? :P

When you get to my age, at this time of the year when the easterly wind is blowing (as it will be tomorrow night), after a pint or two the bladder needs emptying more often.
By sitting in the East with the wind blowing over the top into the West Stand, i estimate i will be warmer in there.
I have got a front row seat, near the North bank, so i will be able to wave to all those nice Orient fans, and exchange some good old banter with them.

FFS! Southend 0 Leyton Orient 2 (Nowemba Lee, 90, 90+5). It had to be him, didn't it. :thumbdown::'(

Would anybody who goes through Shakespeare Drive turnstiles in the South-West corner be willing to hand out uninflated balloons before the game? I have quite a lot at home but I can only give them out around the W Block turnstiles, it'd be good to see them right along the West stand! :loyalsupporter:

Going to get the massive over-sized beach ball out, if I can be arsed to blow it up. Need to get rid of it! It has no actual use. Damn you Crewe.

When did we move to FF ?........................:winking:

The year 2068

In the year 2525,
if man is still alive
If Col Ewe can survive,
they may find

In the year 3535
Ain't gonna need to tell the truth,
tell no lie
Everything you think, do and say
Is in the pill Ron gave you today

In the year 6565
You won't need no agents, won't need no scout
You'll pick your midfield, pick your striker too
From the bottom of a long glass tube

In the year 7510
If God's a-coming,
He oughta make it by then
Maybe He'll look around and say "What harm
would it be to let them build Fossets Farm?""

Now it's been ten thousand years,
Shrimpers have cried a billion tears
For what, they never knew, now Ron's reign is through
But through eternal night, the twinkling of starlight
So very far away, maybe it's only yesterday

Would anybody who goes through Shakespeare Drive turnstiles in the South-West corner be willing to hand out uninflated balloons before the game? I have quite a lot at home but I can only give them out around the W Block turnstiles, it'd be good to see them right along the West stand! :loyalsupporter:

Will see if I can get some for the South Upper...

So nervous for tomorrow! Just wish we didn't have so many injuries! Then I would be more optimistic, even more so if even just Bilel was available so we could have two CB!

The fans will be loud and proud as always, just hope that it can spur on the boys!

Come on blue boys take me to wembley!

Interesting stuff: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21416563

Most notably: Lee Cook says pressure on the Shrimpers - "Our away from has been great and we are fully confident we can do it. I imagine it is going to be packed there and let's see if they feel the pressure."

"We had a meeting and [assistant manager] Kevin Nugent said we are 100 percent confident we are going to Wembley. They are trying to bed that into us."

Shortly followed by...

Meanwhile Cook says the Southend players could come to rue their overconfidence at the end of the first leg at Brisbane Road two weeks ago.
"I kept a close eye on their players after the game and I could see it in them," Cook said. "They thought they were there [at Wembley]. If it was us and we had won 1-0 we wouldn't have reacted like that as there's another 90 minutes left. [FONT=arial, sans-serif]That could work to our advantage."[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Is that a joke lol? Only a slight contradiction there!! COYB [/FONT]:thumbsup:

Im 28 000 miles away in Melbourne ,and i am soooooooooooooooo nervous,Im 66 years old and have dreamed od Southend playing at Wembley since i first saw them play back in 1953.I will be so proud of them whether they win or lose, but i will be saying a few prayers for some Divine help tonight.GO YOU MIGHTY BLUES !!. Dreams do come true just believe.

i know this is a big game for all the fans, but as i live at uni in the same house as a massive borient fan i dont think i can handle it if we lose, COME ON YOU SHRIMPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My money is on borient. Either I get money to drown my sorrows or we get a trip to Wembley. Really not confident, I predict 0-2 :/

I just wanted to share this for anyone with my current frame of mind. You get more money back for borient to qualify rather then them to win the match? Que Sera, Sera...
sufcvbo.jpg

Unless Phillips makes a surprise return, and the defence get eights across the board i can see only one result, and thats a lose. I would love to be more positive, but we are just missing to many important players to get away with this. The spine of the side has been ripped out, best striker, maybe best midfilder, and best defender. Nothing would give me greater pleasure to be wrong, but i doubt i am.

Back