• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A sleepness night has been had. I'm 47; you'd think I'd know better ...... its only a game of football!!!

How do you think I feel, we have Dave the Shrimper in to talk to the company about pensions, which lets be honest isn't interesting at the best of times!!!

Please tell DtS the Zone will be on a % of the massive commission he will make, especially as the owners make zilch from the Zone.

Thank you

We can all thing of reasons why it will not go our way tonight and as I stared at my bedroom ceiling whilst having a restless night I came up with a fair few.
I have been looking forward to this match but when 7.15 comes round I will want it over quickly and for once I would be delighted with a boring 0-0 draw. But now as I sit in the office counting down the hour’s (10 at the moment) to our date with destiny I am trying hard to be a bit more positive so have come up with five reasons why Southend could be going to Wembley !

1) We start tonight 1-0 up after a battling performance at Brisbane Road.
2) Keeping a clean sheet may be difficult and I feel we may need to score to go through but we do have forwards still available that could get us a crucial goal.
3) We also have made some decent looking loan signings that offer us something a bit different and they might just make the difference.
4) Although we are short of players there is no doubting the spirit in the squad which will be vital in a difficult tie.
5) I was always brought up to believe dreams can come true so maybe tonight for some of us they might just do that !.

Please add more reasons if you can as it might help get us through the day.

UTB

We can all thing of reasons why it will not go our way tonight and as I stared at my bedroom ceiling whilst having a restless night I came up with a fair few.
I have been looking forward to this match but when 7.15 comes round I will want it over quickly and for once I would be delighted with a boring 0-0 draw. But now as I sit in the office counting down the hour’s (10 at the moment) to our date with destiny I am trying hard to be a bit more positive so have come up with five reasons why Southend could be going to Wembley !

1) We start tonight 1-0 up after a battling performance at Brisbane Road.
2) Keeping a clean sheet may be difficult and I feel we may need to score to go through but we do have forwards still available that could get us a crucial goal.
3) We also have made some decent looking loan signings that offer us something a bit different and they might just make the difference.
4) Although we are short of players there is no doubting the spirit in the squad which will be vital in a difficult tie.
5) I was always brought up to believe dreams can come true so maybe tonight for some of us they might just do that !.

Please add more reasons if you can as it might help get us through the day.

UTB

Orient have only won 7 games this season by 2 goals or more, and 2 of those were against non league teams.

Injuries mean it is likely we will be missing 3 players who would be in our best starting 11.

Last time we won by 2 clear goals was 8th Dec.

We need around 10 chances per goal scored, if you believe what some of our fans say on the O's forum :stunned:

Injuries mean it is likely we will be missing 3 players who would be in our best starting 11.

Three! Is that all?

Southend are likely to be without: Cresswell (probably this season's player of the season), Phillips (last season's player of the year) Barker (Captain and player of the year the previous season), Mohsni (enigmatic Frenchman, but probably could be playing at a higher level and on his day a match winner on his own), Tomlin (This season's top scorer), Timlin (probably first choice midfielder), Laird (I know you don't rate him but he's been great for us since he signed), Spillane (signed for cash in January and ever present since)

Given that the first 4 names on that list are Central Defenders, it probably should give you a good idea of the extent of our injury/suspension crisis at the moment!

Can't see anything but an easy win for the O's tonight I'm afraid.

Personally, I have to say I'm pretty calm (that may change come 7.15 :winking:) . At the moment any nervousness is due to a difficult decision I will have to make, should we get through tonight. The final falls on the same weekend as my Toulouse fair so, quite simply, to come for the final probably means giving up my only source of income for the month, especially hard after having missed February, due to illness.
I know this has been discussed at length on other threads but if tonight was the second-leg of a play-off final I expect that I would be far more nervous and the decision to return for the Wembley Final would be easier..........well, that's my opinion.

Three! Is that all?

Southend are likely to be without: Cresswell (probably this season's player of the season), Phillips (last season's player of the year) Barker (Captain and player of the year the previous season), Mohsni (enigmatic Frenchman, but probably could be playing at a higher level and on his day a match winner on his own), Tomlin (This season's top scorer), Timlin (probably first choice midfielder), Laird (I know you don't rate him but he's been great for us since he signed), Spillane (signed for cash in January and ever present since)

Given that the first 4 names on that list are Central Defenders, it probably should give you a good idea of the extent of our injury/suspension crisis at the moment!

That's alright then, there was I, thinking we had a serious problem with injuries. :winking:

So what are we all meant to do today then? Nobody can expect us to do our normal jobs surely?

How do you think I feel, we have Dave the Shrimper in to talk to the company about pensions, which lets be honest isn't interesting at the best of times!!!

Spare a thought for me. I'm working from home so that I can leave dead on 5:00 in the hope of getting round the M25 in time. I also have a meeting at 3.00-3.30 that I need to dial in to, and have a 45 page document to read and absorb ready to be the expert on the call! How the hell am I supposed to concentrate on reading a document like that on a day like today?

Three! Is that all?

I hope you're right SG, a trip to Wembley would be the highlight of our season me thinks, as play-offs are a step too far for us. Quite like Southend to make it back into League 1, as it always gives us a fixture to look forward to.

I liked Laird when he was at the O's. Didn't really get a fair crack of the whip in my opinion. Never did anything wrong when he played, but needed a longer run in the team to show what he had. glad he's doing well for you.

Creswell out for the season ???
What? I don't THINK so! :nope:

Feeling ok at the moment, got a nice leisurely appointment at the hairdressers this morning which is always good for relaxing and taking your mind of things (my hairdresser is hyperactive and has ADHD but is a very good hairdresser!). Nerves will probably kick in later on when it's time to leave.

Only have 4 hours of work to get through today, finishing at 6 so time for a quick beer or two before the game.

I'm going to hedge my happiness here and bet on orient to win. That way it will soften the blow IF we do happen to loose (but not by much)

Back