• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimper

Life President
So. Quite a big game today.

With it being 21 years since Benji. Anyone fancy a chant of "who put the ball in the Bury net?"

Great season regardless of today. Play up Southend!

Realistically either Crawley or Torquay are going to get three points but we can only do our part. Get an early goal and hope that news gets transferred around the grounds and adds some extra pressure.

Wish I could be at the Hall today, will be a huge regret were we to be promoted.

Realistically either Crawley or Torquay are going to get three points but we can only do our part. Get an early goal and hope that news gets transferred around the grounds and adds some extra pressure.

Wish I could be at the Hall today, will be a huge regret were we to be promoted.

Why are you not going?

Bury away was a truly amazing day/night that will probably never be bettered for me as although the game was not a classic it was all about getting promotion into the First Division/Championship for the first time in the club's history. Opening champagne and singing dancing in the motorway service stations on the way home and finishing the day very late in the Railway with Peter Butler and Pat Scully joining in the celebrations made it special.

Fancy us to win today maybe 2-0 but not sure both Crawley and Torquay will fail to win again so sadly it could be Crawley's day to celebrate today but if we get promoted at Wembley maybe with a Freddy winner that would also be special

I can't see both Torquay and Crawley failing again sadly. I live in hope though, we can only do our bit.

Freddy has to start, he's integral to the more flair-based, passing style of football which has been successfully on display in the last 3 home games.

Wish I could be at thee Hall - living abroad has its drawbacks. If I lived in Southend think I would already be in ground,
the kick off can't come soon enough. For me its Sky Sports News on the TV, Shrimperzone on the computer and Sky Sports Centre on the mobile. C'mon the mighty shrimpers!!!

Southend: Belford, Clohessy, Gilbert, Hall, Mohsni, Grant, Timlin, Harris, Phillips, Barker, Eastwood.

Subs: Morris, Martin, Prosser, Leonard, Benyon.

Hopefully we get ourselves in a position where we can give Ryan a run out, he could be very important if we do end up in the play-offs!!!

Back