• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
There have been mutterings of no pre-match thread yet for our next competitive game, this time in the JPT. Little bursts of referee and assistants news have popped out elsewhere, tactics and whether Millwall will be knackered/injured/very scared/not got enough tickets (delete as appropriate) have also been making appearances.

In attempt to bring some order to chaos I give you the formal pre-match thread for all things to do with the game.

Chances are it's too early for most to air their views, but you never know! Of course, it may be a case of 'Ain't Nobody Here but Us Chickens'.

There have been mutterings of no pre-match thread yet for our next competitive game, this time in the JPT. Little bursts of referee and assistants news have popped out elsewhere, tactics and whether Millwall will be knackered/injured/very scared/not got enough tickets (delete as appropriate) have also been making appearances.

In attempt to bring some order to chaos I give you the formal pre-match thread for all things to do with the game.

Chances are it's too early for most to air their views, but you never know! Of course, it may be a case of 'Ain't Nobody Here but Us Chickens'.

Like the musical reference.:thumbsup:

My starting lineup offering:

Bentley

White Barrett Thompson Coker

Atkinson or Worrell (if fit) Lenny Timlin Hurst

Mooney Payne​

I've gone for Timlin because I prefer him, but I wouldn't moan if Deegan started instead. Mooney and Payne both to start as they deserve the opportunity to further develop the partnership. As for the bench, again it depends on fitness. I think we have to field the strongest side we can designed to beat Millwall.

I can't believe I am going to say this but the Lenny/Atkinson partnership needs to be rekindled. They were superb in there together and I think if Worrall is fit then the midfield of Worrall, Atkinson, Lenny, Hurst, needs to come back.

It's good that Millwall have lost their last 2, hopefully will dent their confidence.

I'm pretty sure we won't lose this in the 90 (we haven't lost at home since early September) - may go to pens though.

Timlin in for Rea, and Pigott in for Mooney.

Worrall in for Rea would be my only change, if Payne's out I'd replace him with Pigott and play Mooney as the no 10. It will be nice to have a stronger bench with Deegan and Timlin back too.

Worrall in if possible to give balance and added attacking threat. Bridge in if Payne is injured as he may be. Give Millwall a good roasting..oh no...can't say that in football circles. A good spanking...err perhaps not that either. A sound thrashing...hmmm...sounds a bit Flashman. Dribble, shoot and score more is clearly out. If anyone has suggestions of how to refer to a triumph for us this evening without it sounding saucy then pop your ideas on a postcard and send it to me c/o Anally retentive R Us.

MASSIVE GAME TONIGHT.... I GET THE FEELING READING THESE PAGES THAT COZ WE HAD A WEEK OFF WE ARE SUFFERING FROM APATHY .... SNAP OUT OF IT !!!!! WE NEED TO GET THE MOMENTUM BACK WE HAD BEFORE THE BREAK, CARRY ON OUR GOOD FORM & PLAY TO A DYNAMIC QUICK TEMPO, PING THE BALL ABOUT & PEPPER THE LIONS' GOAL.

WIN TONIGHT + A WEMBLEY FINAL REALLY IS WITHIN TOUCHING DISTANCE..... ITS ABOUT TIME WE WON THIS TROPHY SO GET THERE EARLY TONIGHT , SING YOUR HEARTS OUT FOR THE LADS + INSPIRE THE MIGHTY SHRIMPERS ONTO A MEMORABLE VICTORY-- THIS COULD BE A REALLY SPECIAL NIGHT

COME ON YOU BLUES !!!!! :loyalsupporter::loyalsupporter::loyalsupporter::loyalsupporter::loyalsupporter:

If fit enough I'd like

Bentley

White
Barrett
Thompson
Coker

Worrall
Leonard
Timlin
McLaughlin

Hunt
Mooney

Maybe a bit Harsh on Jack Payne but I can't see Hunt starting so Jack next to Mooney. To be honest there are a lot of variations that I wouldn't be too disappointed with Don't mind seeing Deegan, Atkinson or Piggott in the starting 11 which is a testiment to how players have stepped up when called upon. Hurst i'm still to be convinced by has a decent enough delivery but is slow and needs too much time on the ball IMO, not the player he was.

Think this tie will produce the winner, think it will be a very tough game though! Can't call it

....................bentley.....................
White....thompson...barrett...coker
............leonard...atkinson............
Hurst...........payne.............worrall
.....................hunt........................

Timlin,mooney,pigott,rea,smith

I really do thin it's asking too much of Hunt to start the game. It's been a very long while since he kicked a ball competitively, and if he is in the squad, then let him have some minutes during the game instead. I'd rather he played a longer part in our league games than get kicked to death in the first 10 minutes against Millwall.

"Gave them a good whipping"... er no maybe not
"Never showed them our ball"... er no maybe not
"Solid as a rock"... er no maybe not
"Tight at the back" ... er no maybe not
"We rammed it home for victory".... er maybe not
"We penetrated their box all night long .... er maybe not
"We were clinical in the final 3rd" ... er maybe not

Blimey this is tougher than I thought, I think i might check out the Brighton Forum for inspiration on how they get around these issues! :smile:

....................bentley.....................
White....thompson...barrett...coker
............leonard...atkinson............
Hurst...........payne.............worrall
.....................hunt........................

Timlin,mooney,pigott,rea,smith

Nice idea but hunt is not fit. Would be great if he made the bench for the last 20mins of the match though.

Be interesting to see what sort of gate turns up tonight. Millwall will bring a decent following with them tonight and im expecting around 6-7k home fans.

Has anyone had a look on line to see if getting a ticket in the west tonight will prove problematic.

Just looked at online sales and I think we are looking at 7,800 ish tonight, I'm also going for us to win 2-1:smile:

Back