• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
Near enough to Saturday to kick this thread off I think. We've done, or are doing, the bums on seats bit, now its about who will play.

My guess is that Oxley and Kyprianou will return to the starting line-up, but without knowing who Brown had most of a down on after Scunthorpe, it's difficult to know who is now out of favour. I reckon Barrett and Thompson will survive together with Lenny and Atkinson, Cox and maybe Mooney. As for a formation, I genuinely don't have a clue, but probably three, five, two will win the day. Contrary to many posters on the Zone I'm going for a 1-1 with a 7.5k gate.

If we loose this one badly, next week will be interesting.

Views?

Oxley
Demetriou
Barrett
Thompson
Sokolik
Coker
Atkinson
King
Leonard
Cox
Mooney

on the bench:
mcglashan
mclaughlin
smith
white
bridge

We usually win when Shrimperzone is even more negative than usual so I'm going for a fluke 2-1 win that we won't deserve.

Oxley
Demetriou
Barrett
Thompson
Sokolik
Coker
Atkinson
King
Leonard
Cox
Mooney

on the bench:
mcglashan
mclaughlin
smith
white
bridge
That midfield is so lightweight and uninspiring. I would walk to Shrewsbury, beg on my knees and carry Deegan on my back if I were Brown.

Cant see anything other than a heavy defeat. No battlers in midfield, no one who can cross a ball, no pace up front. Brown to be gone by sunday.

We cannot score for toffee and I doubt will keep the Lions out.

0 3 if we are lucky.

1-0 win, Mooney to score and run at the East Stand cupping his ear Hulk Hogan style and making a shh sign.

Also seen that Lee Gregory should be back for them after missing a few games injured. Scored tons of goals last season.

4-0 defeat, Worrall to score and Phil to declare after the match that all of the players are crap and it would all be okay if Ron had given him a few million to spend.

I just can't see us winning I'm afraid. I expect the Lions to run out comfortable winners. Whoever plays in goal will get a right earful from their supporters. I remember last season they gave Bentley tons of verbal and intimidation.
Mr Brown is now entering the last chance saloon.

I can see Oxley being put back in because Millwall always like to throw it around a bit, especially if a very lightweight Smith is in goal. If we're not up for a fight I'm afraid to say we could see a very convincing Millwall win and come 4-45 a very hostile atmosphere in Roots Hall.....however this is Southend we're talking about so who knows!

You absolutely know that we will win well on Saturday and Brown will breath again, SZ will be a calmer place for a few days until the following Saturday when we will roll over to Northampton.

Back