• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United v Morecambe FC

This won't be a widely shared opinion but we're not actually that far away.

There were good signs in the first half. We moved the ball well, work-rate was high. You can see how Molesley wants us to play.

We tired second half - too many players lack match fitness - Acquah, Demetriou, Kyle Taylor. That's going to be an issue with Akinola and McCormack as well.

The other big issue is confidence. You can see players like Elvis and Charlie's heads dropping. The trouble is by the time everyone is match fit their confidence may have been destroyed.

It's probably a good thing that games are still behind closed doors as grown men taking our their frustrations on an 18 year old is hardly edifying.
Hmm...I guess you want slack cut for an 18-year-old because he's 18?
For me, if someone on the pitch is poor, he deserves criticism. If he's playing well, he gets praise.
I'm done with this giving the benefit of doubt to players who can't pass; trap a ball; or take on an opposition player successfully - I don't care how old they are.

Enough is enough - that protest needs to happen. Morecambe are awful and Harrogate are cloggers and we can't beat them or Wet Spam u23. We are the surest relegation bet in history! Why the hell is almost every senior player we have "injured" ? This team would get tanked in the Essex league - wind the club up now, get rid of Con Martin and let's start a supporter backed team and work our way back up
Whoo....take more water with it chum. You're raving...

Why, it's almost like we're improving each game.
We are, but as you said it’s in danger of being undone by confidence evaporating. That’s 5 competitive games, 5 losses, 2 goals. We need points desperately and I don’t envy MM trying to get them, when we’re so unfit and with so many players not fully up to speed.

We played quite well in the first half but we really need to create more chances and have a shot every now and then. The curse of Morecambe continues.....

I just don’t understand why so many are surprised. We have a dreadful side/squad which lacks quality and basically is just not good enough.
Anyone who thought or believed anything other than a struggle near the foot of the table are now realising their mistake.

Oh dear- we will as always look for scapegoats. I won’t look for individuals. But..the big question for MM to be looking at is how can it be that we managed to produce so very few shots/chances given the possession we had. Some good stuff but if you create no chances its for not a lot.

Their first was a great ball in- you can live with that. The second well..

FWIW for me we just weren’t getting the balls in the box quickly enough from wide positions- full backs not getting forward enough, wingers not making it happen either- very unfortunate Green got kicked early as initially he was getting behind and causing the sorts of problems we didn’t cause later.

We need Akinola fit so he can be registered.

None of these players are good enough. End of. Fed up with all this “we played well, we’re improving” No they aint.

Absolute dog sh*t week in week out. Going under would do us all a favour the way I'm feeling right now. Sick to the back teeth of it all.

Our attacking play is woeful. Elvis wants to pass to the centre backs every time, we have no outlet, hardly any balls going into the box from wide and strikers that dont want to run through a wall to get to crosses ... LAZY
Midfield need to see runners and Goodship especially has no movement. If you dont move, youre marked. Useless !

First half showed promising signs but after that dog**** second half, I'm not sure whether the first half was more about us being decent or Morecambe only playing in second gear.

There are far, far too many weak links in this team. The centre backs were playing simply aren't good enough - both Morecambe goals showed that. Egbri is full of energy but he has absolutely no end product - much the same can be said about Green perhaps. Bwomono looked poor again and Kelman looked half a yard off the pace again when he came on. Everything in the second half was sloppy and lazy. Misplaced passes all over the shop, wrong passes continually being chosen, sloppy loss of possession all the time. Nobody moving off the ball and offering an outlet. Just not good enough, and there are several players who played today that I just can't see improving enough to be where we need them to be.

Further deep surgery needed. We are nowhere near.

Back