• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United v Morecambe FC

Not sure where rock bottom is but we're still headed downwards. If it's the conference we can take heart from Luton. Not sure this group of players can be coached out of this even if we now seem to have a plethora of them. A shrink might be a better option. On field attitude wasn't a problem at the back end of last season.

I hope you're right mate

I take heart from Macclesfield under Sol. I know many on here don't rate him as a manager yet he managed to keep them up from a hopeless position by organising them.

But we need to build up the confidence.

If the players' confidence is like Zone's then it's over. Fortunately there are some fresh heads there Kyle Taylor, Shaun Hobson, McCormack and hopefully soon Akinola who aren't use to losing each week - indeed 3 of them made the play-offs last year. The fans are too jaded.

I don't think Hobson is that bad. He isn't that old, and very inexperienced, and playing in an awful side. I think given a run of games where he isn't under pressure for 90 minutes, playing with an experienced partner beside him he will do OK.

Probably have a OK career in League one/two.

I thought he did bloody well to almost stop the 2nd goal being left 2 against 1 thanks to Kelman's indifference, and Elvis's inability to bother busting a gut to get back.

I’d stick with Taylor and Hobson at the back, they aren’t the issue. The main problem is neither LB or RB actually want to defend and stop the crosses flying in. Both goals on Saturday were completely avoidable, despite the amazing through-ball from Kelman. If Macca is fit on at the weekend play Demi at RB. And swap Ralph for Clifford. He actually put that Carlisle player on his arse a few time when he came on. This league is nothing special and we could easier finish lower mid table. But it means we need to start being accounted for and at the end of the day the new kid is right. Man up or f**k off!

I’d stick with Taylor and Hobson at the back, they aren’t the issue. The main problem is neither LB or RB actually want to defend and stop the crosses flying in. Both goals on Saturday were completely avoidable, despite the amazing through-ball from Kelman. If Macca is fit on at the weekend play Demi at RB. And swap Ralph for Clifford. He actually put that Carlisle player on his arse a few time when he came on. This league is nothing special and we could easier finish lower mid table. But it means we need to start being accounted for and at the end of the day the new kid is right. Man up or f**k off!

Agree, Demi at RB, Clifford at LB, with Ralph in front of him, and Green swapping wings for Egbri. (Assuming Macca is fit), I would also bring in Lennon for Taylor, as White appears to be awol.

Hopefully Akinola is fit too, as we have nobody running into the channels.

Back