• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What a complete and utter shambles that back four was. We are shipping far too many goals AGAIN.

First goal is all down to Timlin when the ball gets stuck to his feet in the box, allowing the Morecambe player to snatch it before lashing home.

Second is Moshni's complete lack of awareness, or experience to look behind him before watching it sail over his head.

Third he's dragged woefully out of position by the runner, creating a gap the size of Vanessa Feltz for the lad to pick his corner and get his shot off, although Gilbert lets him cut inside instead of ushering him wider, which is equally as amateur.

Barker admitted the 3rd goal was his fault. For the 2nd, Gilbert has to stop the cross getting in. Easy to pick on Mohsni but the whole defence was pretty pants.

The holes all lined up for the 2nd goal... Gilbert should of cut out the cross, Morris should of come for the ball, Mohsni should of been on Mullins, so all were at fault. Lack of communication and awareness at the back - how many times did Barker + Mosni go for the same ball? I dont see much talking going on in the defence or from Morris. Our strike force dont score enough so the only way to have a chance is keep clean sheets, changes needed at the back asap.

Second goal could be down to either Gilbert, Mohsni or Morris. That one probably angers me the most.

The holes all lined up for the 2nd goal... Gilbert should of cut out the cross, Morris should of come for the ball, Mohsni should of been on Mullins, so all were at fault. Lack of communication and awareness at the back - how many times did Barker + Mosni go for the same ball? I dont see much talking going on in the defence or from Morris. Our strike force dont score enough so the only way to have a chance is keep clean sheets, changes needed at the back asap.

Scoring two goals at home should be enough to win you the game. The holes in the defence need to be plugged sharpish.

First goal is all down to Timlin when the ball gets stuck to his feet in the box, allowing the Morecambe player to snatch it before lashing home.

Second is Moshni's complete lack of awareness, or experience to look behind him before watching it sail over his head.

Third he's dragged woefully out of position by the runner, creating a gap the size of Vanessa Feltz for the lad to pick his corner and get his shot off, although Gilbert lets him cut inside instead of ushering him wider, which is equally as amateur.

You're right about the first goal but not about the other two(as others have mentioned).
What have you got against Moshni and why don't Gilbert and Morris (IYO) share any of the blame (game) for goal number two or Barker(as he's owned up to) for number three?
I knew their second goal was going in as soon as the cross was made.That's down to the full back(and/or the keeper) not Moshni.

Last edited:
I don't see how the 3rd goal is Barker's fault, the ball is lost upfield, the defence should have had plenty of time to get back and in position as it wasn't exactly an express break attack. It was encouraging to watch again the number of long range shots that we're not afraid to take any more. I still say the keeper has to take responsibility for some of the goals we're shipping.

It was mentioned he was booed off when subbed for Soares, and I don't think it was due to him being taken off.

It was a mixture of boos but mainly loud cheers of joy that Blair went off and Soares our saviour ran on the pitch!

Also I refuse to believe that Soares is a bad player, some of the goals he scored for Aldershot where quality! He'll come good (I hope) !

You're right about the first goal but not about the other two(as others have mentioned).
What have you got against Moshni and why don't Gilbert and Morris (IYO) share any of the blame (game) for goal number two or Barker(as he's owned up to) for number three?
I knew their second goal was going in as soon as the cross was made.That's down to the full back(and/or the keeper) not Moshni.

If you read my match report, I said that Gilbert should've blocked the cross, but that ball sails over Moshni's head and he makes no attempt to clear it, which shows that he didn't have the presence to check behind him when the cross was coming in. When a cross from the opposing flank comes in, it's not the full-back's job to pick up the approaching centre forward, it's his job to check that the winger isn't rushing in to make contact, which Clohessy was doing.

As for the third goal, Barker's admission immediately struck me as shifting the blame from a despondent Moshni onto the shoulders of a seasoned professional who's big enough and ugly enough to take it. After the third went in, Moshni knew he was sucked out wide and missed the interception, so much so it took him a good 20 seconds to pick himself up from the floor.

As for me having "something against Moshni" you couldn't be further from the truth.

If you read my match report, I said that Gilbert should've blocked the cross, but that ball sails over Moshni's head and he makes no attempt to clear it, which shows that he didn't have the presence to check behind him when the cross was coming in. When a cross from the opposing flank comes in, it's not the full-back's job to pick up the approaching centre forward, it's his job to check that the winger isn't rushing in to make contact, which Clohessy was doing.

As for the third goal, Barker's admission immediately struck me as shifting the blame from a despondent Moshni onto the shoulders of a seasoned professional who's big enough and ugly enough to take it. After the third went in, Moshni knew he was sucked out wide and missed the interception, so much so it took him a good 20 seconds to pick himself up from the floor.

As for me having "something against Moshni" you couldn't be further from the truth.

Obviously I read your match report otherwise I wouldn't be able to agree with you about the first goal.I'm also glad to hear that you have nothing against Moshni.His inexperience will certainly cost us goals-hopefully in the first team rather than the reserves.

The cross that was put in for their second goal should certainly have been cut out by Gilbert, which is I assume why he was later subbed as their right winger gave him a torrid time throughout.As for the cross itself it was well hit, long and hard,directly to the far post.As Moshni clearly pointed out afterwards(it's in the BP coverage too) he couldn't be in two places at the same time ie defend the centre AND the far post.

You have an interesting,rather Machiavellian theory for Barker owning up to the third goal.Granted Moshni got sucked out of the centre.The truth is that he,Barker and Gilbert were all equally guilty of poor defending and being pulled out of position.

Last edited:
The cross that was put in for their second goal should certainly have been cut out by Gilbert, which is I assume why he was later subbed as their right winger gave him a torrid time throughout.As for the cross itself it was well hit, long and hard,directly to the far post.As Moshni clearly pointed out afterwards(it's in the BP coverage too) he couldn't be in two places at the same time ie defend the centre AND the far post.

That's more to do with Moshni not knowing what ground to cover, though... As you say the cross was directed to Timlin at the far post and not into the central space (which would be Morris' area to clean up), so he has to be aware of the flight of the ball and those around him. It's purely positional sense, and that will come with games, but we probably shouldn't be leaving ourselves open to those errors if they can be corrected simply by omitting him from the line-up until he's ready.

Back