• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

spoons

Manager
Southend favourite with bookies for a win.
John Joe O'Toole in squad and probably replacing Leonard.
O'Toole made his debut for Watford against us.
If we start like we did last week at Tranmere and keep it up then 3 points is a certainty but this is Southend playing at home where they have struggled in the past.
Hopefully Payne is in and performs as he did last week.
Anyone else looking forward to this encounter?

Unchanged line up from Tranmere game apart from JJOT on bench instead of Shaq...... 2 - 1 to Blues Payne and Worral to score......UTB

There will be one change, do not expect Leonard to make it. Choice of Clifford, Deegan, Atkinson or O'Toole, mmm
I will go for Clifford, with Deegan and O'Toole on the bench replacing Leonard (out injured) and Shaq.

Tight game, O'Toole comes on with point to prove and we nick it late 1-0, Hurst the scorer.

Bentley

Thompson Sokolik Prosser White

Worrall Clifford Timlin Hurst

Payne

Corr​

O'Toole could be in for Clifford but think Brown may keep him as an impact sub if needed seeing as he only joined a few days ago.

No mention of Atko - after all, he is another midfielder option. Seems to fourth choice on S.Z. behind Deegan, O'Toole and Clifford.

I'm quite saddened by that.

Bentley

Payne

Corr​

O'Toole could be in for Clifford but think Brown may keep him as an impact sub if needed seeing as he only joined a few days ago.

Looks good to me except for Clifford.

Cant see him picking Clifford ahead of Deegan now he has signed his contract, only reason Clifford played last week was because Deegan hadnt signed and our performance went down hill after he came on (which wouldnt have been just down to him).

If Lenny is not fit, which i doubt Degnan would be the best option.
Othewise same as last week.

Looks a really strong bench at this level, with a bit of a headache who to leave out for O'Toole

Looks good to me except for Clifford.

Cant see him picking Clifford ahead of Deegan now he has signed his contract, only reason Clifford played last week was because Deegan hadnt signed and our performance went down hill after he came on (which wouldnt have been just down to him).

Really like Deegan, but not in a 4-4-2 in the middle of the park with Timlin. Deegan needs to sit infront of the back four in a 4-3-3 for me, as the last time I saw him and Tim's in a 4-4-2, we just had absolutely no drive in midfield and were crying out for Lenny or anyone who gets forward.

If it was down to me I'd pair O'Toole/Clifford with Deegan/Timlin. Just don't think they work together in a 4-4-2.

Bentley

Payne

Corr​

Simlar to other zoners, I think Deegan instead of Clifford....with Mr O'Toole to come on after 70mins replacing Mr Payne. Now that would be scary...BBBC and O'Toole as a front 2, supplied by Worrall and Hurst...onion bag time here we come ! :happy: :happy:

Otoole hasn't been signed to be a CM, he's been signed to play AM and the only person I can see suffering because of this is Payne. It's a good signing but we needed a CF so much more!

I sense another change of formation coming ! Why does Mr Brown think we need so many midfield options, when we clearly need more options in attack. If Corr gets injured we have a real problem. Not saying that he is the permanent answer but need his type of player in the side.

Back