• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United v Oldham Athletic

I honestly hope we get wind up tomorrow and that's not a knee jerk reaction from another defeat where I'm upset. It's been 3 years or so in the making. I'd rather us fold, have a supporters fund start (we'd surely get a few hundred K) we're a well supported club, get rid of martin and erect a few temporary stands over at southchurch park. The support would still be there, we'd rise again but by the supporters who would run the club properly.
Will there be onions at the burger bar?

Not sure if I do. Should never have started with Acqua up front .Never looked like scoring in the first half. Better movement up front in the second half.If we had started with that formation we might have nicked a goal.Division 2 is truly dreadful.
Who would you start instead of Acquah? Sterling is even worse. At least Acquah makes some sort of effort to win the ball.

Without quality players in the core positions we will just splutter along .Add to that we haven't a forward that actually threatens or worries the opposition after selling the only 2 that did. Even if we were to scramble a win does anybody actually believe we could put a run together.
Ron has killed this club with wrong decision after wrong decision since Brown left.He is now killing the support big time if we exist after tomorrow that is.

I honestly hope we get wind up tomorrow and that's not a knee jerk reaction from another defeat where I'm upset. It's been 3 years or so in the making. I'd rather us fold, have a supporters fund start (we'd surely get a few hundred K) we're a well supported club, get rid of martin and erect a few temporary stands over at southchurch park. The support would still be there, we'd rise again but by the supporters who would run the club properly.

As painful as that is. I'm also at that point. This club needs to be back in the hands of real fans and more importantly away from the charlatan currently destroying our beloved club.

OK it wasn’t great. But we got back into the game and were even pressing for the winner. Until (who was it who gave the ball away) we get caught in a breakaway and game over. Gutted.

At the moment, without Acquah, every ball forwards comes straight back, which means we have to play out from the back and we aren't good enough for that.

With Acquah, he does win the odd ball and hold it up but isn't a goal threat. Going forward it's like playing with 10 men

I'm not sure Akinola will be any different when he is eventually fit because he isn't a target man. But maybe we will be able to play 4-4-2.

I can't write much more, it's just so depressing.

As painful as that is. I'm also at that point. This club needs to be back in the hands of real fans and more importantly away from the charlatan currently destroying our beloved club.
I want a club to support, our luck isn't that bad that Ron Martin is the first immortal man to exist so clearly I want to get through tomorrow. He's a custodian in all but name so let's get through tomorrow, I would take non league over no club. It's beyond frustrating though, I really thought the last two games would be the turning point.....

Nothing wrong with that scenario, but as for Southend fans running the club? You only have to look at the diversity of views on here to realise we couldn't organise the proverbial one in a brewery.

I want a club to support, our luck isn't that bad that Ron Martin is the first immortal man to exist so clearly I want to get through tomorrow. He's a custodian in all but name so let's get through tomorrow, I would take non league over no club. It's beyond frustrating though, I really thought the last two games would be the turning point.....
Do you really believe Ron cares? If he did he would get someone who knew about football in to run the club as he obviously does not after all these years of decline!

Back