• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United v Oldham Athletic

I can relate to what people have said on this thread about mental health. Twelve years ago I was diagnosed with asperger's and I have used alcohol to cope. I got myself into a really good place by having lots of hobbies and interests and keeping myself busy but along came lockdown and blew every coping strategy I've ever had out of the water. I'm drinking a lot at the moment but I am hopeful of cutting back and getting going again but living on your own during a pandemic is tough.

It's without doubt the worst squad we've had. Clifford has the left back slot the other 10 places are up for grabs. Worst collection of strikers no wingers who can cross no ball winners no ball players. And a coach who sadly does not know this league.

I can relate to what people have said on this thread about mental health. Twelve years ago I was diagnosed with asperger's and I have used alcohol to cope. I got myself into a really good place by having lots of hobbies and interests and keeping myself busy but along came lockdown and blew every coping strategy I've ever had out of the water. I'm drinking a lot at the moment but I am hopeful of cutting back and getting going again but living on your own during a pandemic is tough.
That's awful mate, really sorry to hear that. Stay strong, it will get better

I now feel devastated and physically sick again because the writing on the wall is now in sharp focus. Even if we somehow survive the winding up order, and any others that are likely to follow in the months ahead, I cannot see us remaining as a football league club from endeavours on the pitch. Perhaps Ron is just banking on at least two other clubs going out of business with him just muddling us through to whenever the season finishes. That would seem to be the only hope for us to retain our EFL status, and it’s a shameful hope in relying upon fans of other clubs at our level having to endure the grief that should be ours because of the way the club has been so poorly run for many years.

Assuming we do continue as an entity, we have reached the point of the season now where every defeat starts to cut us adrift in the league from more and more of the clubs above us. It will not be too long before we will be needing promotion form to climb the table and our squad is never going to be able to achieve that. Relying upon the January window to hopefully recruit some players is a lost cause as by then the task will be beyond us and the calibre of player we would require will not be interested anyway.

Going out of business and starting over may be the wish of some, and in a way I can understand that feeling, but some of us may not have enough years left to see us back in the EFL.

If we do go out of business tomorrow and start a phoenix club , can I put myself forward as Chairman ?
I promise to send weekly updates on our progress.

If we do go out of business tomorrow and start a phoenix club , can I put myself forward as Chairman ?
I promise to send weekly updates on our progress.
Hey, don't start making promises you may not be able to keep, look how hard it is for the incumbent!

Brilliant idea, a zoom mental health chat.

I wasn't thinking zoom, but a link (what ever you call it) on here where people can talk about mental health. If it took off and people wanted to talk to others through zoom and make friends, then why not.

I'm sure it would be a first on a football forum and help people who are suffering.

Thank you for posting this because it puts into perspective that there are many bigger issues in people’s lives than the plight of SUFC. I am sorry to hear of your personal circumstances and really hope you can be lifted by the moral support of the Shrimperzone family. Look after yourself and let’s all hope we can all get through to a time when there will be something like the normal we used to know.

I know you guys are bottom - but unless the highlights are very biased you actually looked like the best team for a lot of the game. Before yesterday's game there were 3 winless teams;- you, us (Barrow) and Mansfield. We played Mansfield yesterday and believe me they were poor - that poor that 4-2 to us flattered them enormously. They could and should have conceded anywhere between 6 and TEN goals - and that's the opinion of Mansfield fans.... IF you're worse than them i'd be amazed!

Back