• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

yogi bear up the cagire

Life President⭐
If Dickinson returns, he will be the replacement for the banned Mohsni in his present guise as striker. Hopefully Corr will be fit enough to make a brief cameo appearance.....perhaps Harris as well, however I just have a feeling that we may have to wait a little longer for his return. To increase our creative options, I would love to see Sawyer back. Has anyone info as to the progress of his injury and whether he has yet returned to training?

Have a feeling he will try Dickinson and Sturrock up front with Bomber from the bench as he is coming back from injury

I think he would probably play Ryan Hall up front if nobody else is available.

PLAY HALL IN A FREE ROLL!!!!!!!!!!! SO CREATIVE THROUGH THE MIDDLE! He sees more of the ball!

Dickinson will be available I'm told.

Corr, Harris & Sawyer are still doubts.

Plymouth are on a Club record nine match losing streak at the minute. I'm sure a fair few of us remember Carlisle coming to Roots Hall a few years back on a similar run and us blowing a 2-0 lead against them.

EDIT - just noticed they've got one point so obviously can't have lost nine in a row so the guy on SSN was wrong. They've lost seven league games in a row, and are without a win in ten in all competitions this season.

I think I will hedge my happiness here and go for a plymouth victory :hilarious:

I think I will hedge my happiness here and go for a plymouth victory :hilarious:

Yeah I've just stuck a fiver on 0 - 1 Plymouth at 14/1 for insurance purposes. I'm going tomorrow so don't want it to come in but the amount of times we lose at home 1-0 is incredible.

Got an away win written all over it I'm afraid.

Have already laid a tenner on the Pilgrims @ 6/1

Tweet from CP

Barry corr has suffered a reaction in training and won't be on bench against plymouth on saturday.

Great chance to get our goal difference into positive. Just hope we go at them from the start, not play deep. Would like to see Leonard back on the right, Hall on the left and JP and Grant in the middle. Attack attack attack.

Tomorrow is a huge day for Argyle.

James Brent (The preferred bidder, by the fans anyway) is due to announce whether or not he is prepared to launch a takeover bid.

From what I have read, the players and staff could again be asked to defer their Sept wages tomorrow. Which could result in strike action by the players. It seems the fans and management would back them 100% in any strike action as well. So we could in theory end up playing the Argyle youth side...

Let's see what happens tomorrow.

I for one wish them all the best of luck and I hope they are saved.

If there are any Southend fans in Devon, it would be good if you could pop along to their Fans Re-united days later this month - http://fansreunited.co.uk/

Tomorrow is a huge day for Argyle.

James Brent (The preferred bidder, by the fans anyway) is due to announce whether or not he is prepared to launch a takeover bid.

From what I have read, the players and staff could again be asked to defer their Sept wages tomorrow. Which could result in strike action by the players. It seems the fans and management would back them 100% in any strike action as well. So we could in theory end up playing the Argyle youth side...

Let's see what happens tomorrow.

I for one wish them all the best of luck and I hope they are saved.

If there are any Southend fans in Devon, it would be good if you could pop along to their Fans Re-united days later this month - http://fansreunited.co.uk/

Well said Smiffy and we really should do all we can to support their cause. I signed that petition that got sent round but is there anything else we could do to help?

I think he would probably play Ryan Hall up front if nobody else is available.

PLAY HALL IN A FREE ROLL!!!!!!!!!!! SO CREATIVE THROUGH THE MIDDLE! He sees more of the ball!

Im with you on this Dave. I think Hall and Dickinson would be lethal together and complement eachother too

Being a bit of a div about these things...with Hall and Grant both on 4 yellow cards so far this season (gods knows how in so few games BTW)..how long a ban do they get if they pick up a fifth on Saturday?

One match ban for five yellows. Mohsni is in the same boat when he gets done with this next suspension.

Only four yellows in ten games for Grant is him on his best behaviour I'd have thought...

Gilbert: Let's get on a roll

PETER Gilbert wants Southend United to record back-to-back home wins when they host struggling Plymouth Argyle at Roots Hall on Saturday.

More...

Tweet from CP

Barry corr has suffered a reaction in training and won't be on bench against plymouth on saturday.

This is very worrying indeed. I believe that the injections BC has had are not intended to cure his knee problem, but to mask it for a while. At the Orient match, BC estimated he would take about 6-8 weeks to get fit, if the injections worked. He said that his knee was ok one day and bad the next. He can't keep having these injections (I understand three is the max because of the high level of steroid content etc). After that surgery will be the only answer, if indeed the problem is surgically treatable.

Unless this latest setback is a minor one, we may not be seeing BC back for a long time.

Barry hasn't had a preseason. It could be any sort of reaction that he has felt. Certainly doesn't necessarily mean that he has had had a major set-back with his knee.

Like Harris, I'd rather he be fully fit rather than rush back before he's ready becasue that's when he's likely to damage and strain other parts of his body.

Back