• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
Well match day is upon us yet again.

Whilst most of the talk has been about Tilly's pay off and Sturrocks need for a striker , its been a strange week of relative quiet on the zone . This has been slow news week that is for sure.

There has even been talk that V festival will affect southend uniteds gates.

Personally i think that a drop in league and quality and a complete distain by most for our chairman is more of a concern than an annual festival in chelmsford.

On to todays game. Its fair to say that since we dropped out of league 1 and had a change of manager and team , i have found my enthusiasm drop significantly.

I would usually visit our opponents forums etc and would have atleast some degree of information in which to base a pre-match thread , but im afraid i know very little of port vale other than they look a very decent outfit at this level and are scoring goals, 3 of which came away at QPR in the cup.

Its been well document that we are a team that is still learning and learn we must if we are to achieve not just morale within the club , but points in the league.

Whilst 1 point from 2 games is not a huge worry , we dont want to be 1 point from 3 games and let morale drop.

That said port vale are a decent outfit at this level and blues will have to be solid at the back yet again, but must convert and create the chances that come there way.

Blues may well make changes with the blues faithful eagerly awaiting to see both Bilel and Hall get there first starts for the club.

Bilel and Bouzid have now been clearance to play , but its Bilel who most fans are looking foward to seeing. The player seems to wear his heart on his sleeve and is blessed with a huge amount of raw talent which im sure sturrock will be looking to harness whilst Bouzid will more than likely find himself on the bench .

As for Hall he has been unlucky with Injury/illness since his arrival , but again has won over the fans in the brief pitch time he has had at his disposal. Its strange that some can achieve this whilst others seem to have to perform consistantly for years to achieve it. I guess first impressions count!

I am hopefull we will start in a more conventional 4-4-2 , but sturrock seems to want to persevere with 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 which either make us a little long ball to the lone striker or succeptable to the break with 3 in the middle.

I am going for :

Morris

Clohessy Bilel Phillips barker

Hall Easton Grant Simpson

Paterson Corr

With a 1-1 draw infront of 5300 odd.

Please post your thoughts predictions etc.

UTB

Last edited:
the beginning of the end for the sturrock revolution, 2 nil to port vale and last seasons depression finally catches up with us again, the fans start booing the players and rons hair finally falls out

Well match day is upon us yet again.

Whilst most of the talk has been about Tilly's pay off and Sturrocks need for a striker , its been a strange week of relative quiet on the zone . This has been slow news week that is for sure.

There has even been talk that V festival will affect southend uniteds gates.

Personally i think that a drop in league and quality and a complete distain by most for our chairman is more of a concern than an annual festival in chelmsford.

On to todays game. Its fair to say that since we dropped out of league 1 and had a change of manager and team , i have found my enthusiasm drop significantly.

I would usually visit our opponents forums etc and would have atleast some degree of information in which to base a pre-match thread , but im afraid i know very little of port vale other than they look a very decent outfit at this level and are scoring goals, 3 of which came away at QPR in the cup.

Its been well document that we are a team that is still learning and learn we must if we are to achieve not just morale within the club , but points in the league.

Whilst 1 point from 2 games is not a huge worry , we dont want to be 1 point from 3 games and let morale drop.

That said port vale are a decent outfit at this level and blues will have to be solid at the back yet again, but must convert and create the chances that come there way.

Blues may well make changes with the blues faithful eagerly awaiting to see both Bilel and Hall get there first starts for the club.

Bilel and Bouzid have now been clearance to play , but its Bilel who most fans are looking foward to seeing. The player seems to wear his heart on his sleeve and is blessed with a huge amount of raw talent which im sure sturrock will be looking to harness whilst Bouzid will more than likely find himself on the bench .

As for Hall he has been unlucky with Injury/illness since his arrival , but again has won over the fans in the brief pitch time he has had at his disposal. Its strange that some can achieve this whilst others seem to have to perform consistantly for years to achieve it. I guess first impressions count!

I am hopefull we will start in a more conventional 4-4-2 , but sturrock seems to want to persevere with 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 which either make us a little long ball to the lone striker or succeptable to the break with 3 in the middle.

I am going for :

Morris

Clohessy Bilel Phillips barker

Hall Easton Grant Simpson

Paterson Corr

With a 1-1 draw infront of 5300 odd.

Please post your thoughts predictions etc.

UTB
II I feel the same, in fact I'm not even bothering to go today!!!! Having gone to Aldershot and witnessed a second very boring league game on the trot, I feel that the next few games will all be the same. Notwithstanding P.S. player availabilty, and no budget, I couldn't help thinking at Aldershot, that Fredy would have murdered this lot. League two seems to be worse in quality than I remember, Or have we just been spoilt?
You have a lot to answer for Ron, thanks, but I'm just not enjoying it at the moment.

II I feel the same, in fact I'm not even bothering to go today!!!! Having gone to Aldershot and witnessed a second very boring league game on the trot, I feel that the next few games will all be the same. Notwithstanding P.S. player availabilty, and no budget, I couldn't help thinking at Aldershot, that Fredy would have murdered this lot. League two seems to be worse in quality than I remember, Or have we just been spoilt?
You have a lot to answer for Ron, thanks, but I'm just not enjoying it at the moment.

True , but i would rather be at blues than being dragged round lakeside or watching footy focus , and besides i have a seaso so technically i have to go.

Funny thing is my mate who i go with is abroad and i cant even find anyone who wants to come lol

Morris

Clohessy Mohsni Coughlan Barker

Grant Easton Simpson

Hall Corr Spencer​

As I said in the other thread at this stage I think if Mohsni plays Coughlan will play alongside him, he will talk to him a lot and help him through it. Can't see a great attendance due to V Fest.

Morris

Clohessy Mohsni Coughlan Barker

Grant Easton Simpson

Hall Corr Spencer​

As I said in the other thread at this stage I think if Mohsni plays Coughlan will play alongside him, he will talk to him a lot and help him through it. Can't see a great attendance due to V Fest.

The thing with that is, it would be very unfair on both Phillips and Prosser, who have both had good starts too, and Prosser to play for his old club, this defensive selection stuff is so unheard of with Southend it gives me a headache!!!

Would personally like to see Pato start today, I feel he played well enough in the Bristol City game to deserve a league start.

Does anyone know what happened with the two trialists? From what I hear neither would have impressed..

The thing with that is, it would be very unfair on both Phillips and Prosser, who have both had good starts too, and Prosser to play for his old club, this defensive selection stuff is so unheard of with Southend it gives me a headache!!!

Would personally like to see Pato start today, I feel he played well enough in the Bristol City game to deserve a league start.

Does anyone know what happened with the two trialists? From what I hear neither would have impressed..

I've been impressed with both Phillips and Prosser but at Aldershot we looked ****ed due to the extra time at such an early stage of the season so I think there could be a few changes.

I think we need to win today as, on paper, we have a potentially tricky couple of games coming up. We're away to one of the favourites for the league next week followed by Torquay who finished well last season & have continued that form this season.

Back