• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

From Chris Phillips on Twitter;

'Clohessy to make it 79 matches in a row this weekend'

Impressive stat, have we had many better that?

Wanted to mention Clohessy. Deserves praise for that. He's one of those full-backs who just gets on with his job quietly but efficiently, defends well but also gets forward a lot and supports attacks and gets crosses in. You don't hear about him much but he's probably our most consistent and solid player and has been one of Sturrock's best signings from last season. His run of games is a testament to his professionalism, fitness and discipline, especially considering he came from non-league. Well done to him. And to answer your question Ayshire, according to the Echo there was someone called Arthur Williamson, also a full-back, who played 230 games consecutively between 1956 and 1960.

Wanted to mention Clohessy. Deserves praise for that. He's one of those full-backs who just gets on with his job quietly but efficiently, defends well but also gets forward a lot and supports attacks and gets crosses in. You don't hear about him much but he's probably our most consistent and solid player and has been one of Sturrock's best signings from last season. His run of games is a testament to his professionalism, fitness and discipline, especially considering he came from non-league. Well done to him. And to answer your question Ayshire, according to the Echo there was someone called Arthur Williamson, also a full-back, who played 230 games consecutively between 1956 and 1960.

theres your target sean :D

I would like to see this

morris
clohessey mohsni phillips barker

hall kalala timlin martin

harris dickinson

but fear we will line up thus

clohessey phillips barker gilbert

hall grant timlin martin

benyon dickinson

I say fear as gilbert cant pass water, barker has looked shaky at CB for a bit now and mohsni is in my opinion the best CB we have (when not acting like a crazy fool), harris is a proven quality goal scorer who we have not utilised well enough and is a shrimper through and through, benyon is not

I got draw/Southend at 4/1 with a £10 free bet ...

Hoping for a 2-0 win with 2 2nd half goals.

but fear we will line up thus

clohessey phillips barker gilbert

hall grant timlin martin

benyon dickinson

Strange that's a side you fear will be picked, that would be my first choice. Still shocked that Prosser is getting more praise than Gilbert, when his passing is far worse and D&R tore him to pieces in the first half, but that's just my opinion :stunned:

http://www.thefootballforum.net/index.php?/topic/208766-southend-v-port-vale-7th-january-2012/
Apparently Vale only have 13 fit senior players, surely we can beat them?
Then again I thought we'd brush Daggers aside, and that didn't go so well, but with Martin signing maybe we'll see a left winger that looks threatening, having danger on both sides rather than just on whichever side Luggy puts Ryan Hall should make us harder to deal with, I'm optimistically hoping for 4-0 Southend

Strange that's a side you fear will be picked, that would be my first choice. Still shocked that Prosser is getting more praise than Gilbert, when his passing is far worse and D&R tore him to pieces in the first half, but that's just my opinion :stunned:

certainly not a bad team i just think kalala breaks the oppo play much better than grant although the team i 'fear' isnt too shabby tbh

why on earth are people wanting prosser at left back we saw how easy it was for the daggers wide men to get past him, you can see he is not confident playing there even when he is at centre back he doesnt look great ! although i am not the biggest fan of gilbert he is a natural left back and a damn sight better than prosser there or even barker at left back and mohsni centre back ! at least barker can stick a decent challenge every now and then my team would be

Morris

Clohessy Phillips Mohsni Gilbert/Barker

Hall Kalala Timlin Martin

Dicko Benyon

simple as look good attacking going forward with the new lads in there and would be more comfortable at the back if the likes oh mohsni was to play ( if he isnt in a nut job mood )

I agree. Sturrock sets his sides out so the centre halfs punt it forward or pass to the full back. When it goes to Gilbert he looks for a pass before his hoof. Prosser just reverts to plan b. Without saying Gilbert is a good player, we are a better side with him than we are with Prosser. Saying all that. Shove barker to left back of moshni is back I'm the frame to play cb

Looking forward to today and seeing how we shape up with 2 actual wingers in the side. Hope Martin brings the balance we have missed all season and we start to play football using the midfield rather than bypassing them all the time. If we can get the ball on the deck I can see us winning quite comfortably revert to hoofball though and we will struggle again

Interesting one, think all 3 signings will start today. Does anyone actually know what's going on with Gilbert? My preferred starting line up would be:
Morris, of course! :whistling:
Clohessy, Phillips Mohsni, Barker (who can slot back over if Mohsni's out of position)
Hall, Timlin, Kalala, Martin
Benyon, Dickinson

Bench: Harris, Bentley, Ferdinand, Grant, Prosser

Going for a 3-1 win, Dicko, Hall and Benyon, 5648 in attendance.

Interesting one, think all 3 signings will start today. Does anyone actually know what's going on with Gilbert? My preferred starting line up would be:
Daniels
Clohessy, Phillips Mohsni, Barker (who can slot back over if Mohsni's out of position)
Benyon, Dickinson

Has Daniels loan not expired? Thought I read somewhere that he had returned to WBA.

My team for today would be:

Morris
Clohessy, Phillips, Mohsni, Barker
Benyon, Harris

Bench: Dickinson, Bentley, Ferdinand, Grant, Prosser

2 - 0 win for the blues. with Harris and Martin the scorers

Daniels
Clohessy, Phillips Mohsni, Barker (who can slot back over iwhen Mohsni is sent off)
Benyon, Dickinson

Edited for factual purposes.

This is the team I would like to see:

Morris
Clohessy, Phillips, Barker, Gilbert
Hall, Timlin, Ferdinand, Martin
Harris, Benyon

Nothing against Dickinson I know he is a cracking striker but would like to see how Harris and Benyon get on together. I think Ferdinand and Timlin would be the better two in the middle to feed the strikers. Only one problem is would need Dickinson to stick his head on the end of the crosses from the wings. But what do I know, I'm not a football manager.

Back