• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The team should be

Morris
Clohessy - Phillips - Barker - Gilbert
Hall - Kalala - Timlin - Martin
Benyon - Dickinson

subs - Bentley - Mohsni - Grant - Ferdinand - Harris

Gilbert edges Prosser who was exposed a bit on Monday positionally
Kalala edges Grant, need to shield a nervy defense especially as we now have two attacking wingers and Grant still a bit below par
I would have Sturrock on bench if has renewed contract instead of Ferdinand who needs a complete break for his own good to try to rediscover form. Looked well off the pace lately and even worse when came on against the daggers.

I optimistically think if we can settle early can romp this 4 or 5-0 against an out of sorts, injury ridden Vale side.
Crowd of 7000 with 250 from vale.

Morris
Clohessy - Phillips - Mohsni - Barker
Hall - Grant - Timlin - Martin
Benyon - Harris

subs - Bentley - Gilbert - Kalala - Ferdinand - Dickinson

Would love to see this front two together- real quality. Port Vale will have two lumpy CBs and with Hall and Martin to get in behind them down the flanks I think Harris/Benyon will terrorize them. I think Chris Barker could do with a rest so might swap with Gilbert- and we can now afford to play Bilel in position where I think he will excel. Would prefer Grant in the holding role- will use the ball better

Chris Phillips on twitter said Moshni likely to be on the bench today so presumably Barker is fit to play otherwise it'll be prosser at CB and Gilbert LB.:unsure:

The team should be

Morris
Clohessy - Phillips - Barker - Gilbert
Hall - Kalala - Timlin - Martin
Benyon - Dickinson

subs - Bentley - Mohsni - Grant - Ferdinand - Harris

Gilbert edges Prosser who was exposed a bit on Monday positionally
Kalala edges Grant, need to shield a nervy defense especially as we now have two attacking wingers and Grant still a bit below par
I would have Sturrock on bench if has renewed contract instead of Ferdinand who needs a complete break for his own good to try to rediscover form. Looked well off the pace lately and even worse when came on against the daggers.

I optimistically think if we can settle early can romp this 4 or 5-0 against an out of sorts, injury ridden Vale side.
Crowd of 7000 with 250 from vale.

Agree with all of this with the exception of the crowd. I think the thousand or so drifters we had against Daggers will have been put off by the performance, that coupled with a much lower away attendance will suggest an attendance of somewhere between 5,500-6000 IMHO

From Chris Phillips on Twitter;

'Clohessy to make it 79 matches in a row this weekend'

Impressive stat, have we had many better that?

As far as I can make out, the last player to better Clohessy's mark is Darryl Flahavan, who made 84 consecutive appearances from 26 November 2005 to 11 August 2007. The last player to do better than that is Adam Barrett, who made 89 consecutive appearances from 24 August 2004 to 4 February 2006.

So Sean is not far from either of those, and could pass Darryl's tally next month.

Back