• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Portsmouth (Check A Trade)

What's your starting 11 for Tuesday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wonder what sort of a crowd this will bring in and how many Portsmouth fans will travel, be surprised if we made 4,500 for this.

Certainly feel this is more important for us than Pompey. For them, they are still in the 'proper' Cup and with a good chance of getting back into the Championship the League will certainly be their priority. Should be interesting to see what side they put out and how many changes they make. Normally, I wouldn't be too enthusiastic about this Competition but in truth, it's all we have left of our season, apart from assuring our League One survival. Would imagine we'll go for it.

I’d go for:

Smith
Bwomono White Moore Hendrie
Macca Dru Mantom Kightly
Robinson Cox

I’d go for:

Smith
Bwomono White Moore Hendrie
Macca Dru Mantom Kightly
Robinson Cox

The same, except for me I’d stick with Bish in goal. Smith seems to be not quite ready for starting a match, reading between the lines, and goalies don’t get tired they just need games - as many as possible. Bish will benefit from the game and so will we when he lines up in goal against Plymouth

The same, except for me I’d stick with Bish in goal. Smith seems to be not quite ready for starting a match, reading between the lines, and goalies don’t get tired they just need games - as many as possible. Bish will benefit from the game and so will we when he lines up in goal against Plymouth

Only reason I put him ahead of Bish was to get him up to speed, rather this cup than the League, and I’m not convinced u23’s does much more than a training game, especially for a keeper

I would be probably not start Nathan as I don't want to knock his confidence or pick up a injury before Oxley gets back. Its important but the league is more so, hence a good but not our strongest side Kightly up front with Simon. Rest Turner and definatly Dru

T Smith
Elvis Moore White Hendrie
Mantom Hyam Dieng
Hutchinson
Kightly Cox.

I wonder what sort of a crowd this will bring in and how many Portsmouth fans will travel, be surprised if we made 4,500 for this.

When I phoned and got my ticket yesterday, I was told only the East stand was open, so I would expect a lot less than 4,500. More like 3,000 if we are lucky.

It's even more of a tinpot competition than it used to be, but a Wembley visit is worth it. Our two games in the JPT final remain firm favourites in my memory (shame about the results though!). Let's go for it, put out a strong team with perhaps Hutchinson and Wabo involved in some way.

Looking at ticket sales on the official site more like 1,500 crowd tonight depending how many Pompey turn up.
A few years back we would have got 3,500 to 4,000 for this match but not now. I don't think it's a boycott of the competition as such, it's just that people think of it as a reserve team competition now.

I'd like to see us go 4-4-2 with 2 CM and 2 wide. CP seems to have ditched this for some reason when it was so successful last season.

Back