• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United v Portsmouth - Checkatrade Trophy

The Big Dady

¡Viva la Kevolución! ⭐️ ⭐️
Staff member
The Official Match Thread brought to you by ShrimperZone.com

So here we are the Round 3 of the EFL Trophy – Southern Section game of the 2018/19 season and Chris Powell’s first full season since his return and time in charge at the Mighty Shrimpers

The Round 3 match is at home against Portsmouth

efl checkatrade_trophy.png
SUFC.jpgVS.pngimage.png

It is now time for ALL of us to get behind him and the team whether you are at Roots Hall, listening on the radio, or watching on ifollow.

Chris Powell's Southend United Checkatrade EFL Trophy Home Team to face Portsmouth

DwaNZxRXgAARz8I.jpg

The Roots Hall pitch is ready for action at 19.45pm Tuesday 8th January 2019, looks like we are going to have light cloud cover for tonight’s game, but it will be near freezing so wrap up warm, those hard wooden seats in the East Stand will be like sitting on an iceberg.

DwaHK9RXcAEvIMJ.jpg

Someone has just put his last pound in the meter and the floodlights are on.

Roots Hall.png

The weather forecast for today at Roots Hall

SUFC v Portsmouth Weather.png

League Positions Last Season

8th (2017/18 Season) League One Portsmouth
10th (2017/18 Season) League One Southend United

League Positions Current Season

1st (2018/19 Season) (League 1) Portsmouth
10th (2018/19 Season) (League 1) Southend United

Recent League Position Change

Southend United v Portsmouth Positions.png

Previous Five Meetings

Portsmouth 2-0 Southend United (L1 8/12/18 Att. 18,062)
Southend United 3-1 Portsmouth (L1 17/02/18 Att. 9,397)
Portsmouth 1-0 Southend United (L1 18/11/17 Att. 18,431)
Portsmouth 1-2 Southend United (L1 24/01/15 Att. 15,573)
Southend United 2-0 Portsmouth (L1 13/09/14 Att. 7,023)

Head to Head record

Southend United Wins: 11
Draws: 8
Portsmouth Wins: 17

Wiggle it, Just a Little Bit!

Portsmouths Team

DwaN74aWoAAqqwm.jpg

Pompey make 10 changes for tonight's game, so they are taking this very seriously.

I thought Theo was too, maybe the ban cannot be used for this game but he misses the Plymouth game.

Portsmouth make 10 changes, do they not get fined for that?

I thought Theo was too, maybe the ban cannot be used for this game but he misses the Plymouth game.

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Oxley missed cup games ? Or does it's make a difference for straight reds opposed to 2 yellows ?

Right, despite saying I wouldn't go if there were no youngsters and that the club won't let you park in the main car park, even when it's half empty. I've decided to make the effort.

I'll report back.

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Oxley missed cup games ? Or does it's make a difference for straight reds opposed to 2 yellows ?

I don’t know, they seem to make up the rules as they go along.

Right, despite saying I wouldn't go if there were no youngsters and that the club won't let you park in the main car park, even when it's half empty. I've decided to make the effort.

I'll report back.

Why they don’t make 200 spaces available on first come basis for a £5er a place I don’t know!!

there was something about Theo's availability on here earlier. I think it was to do with the Checkatrade comp or the fact he got his red for two yellows. Reading that back to myself it sounds a bit flaky so I will leave it to someone else more knowledgeable.

Why they don’t make 200 spaces available on first come basis for a £5er a place I don’t know!!

Me neither. I had a run in with them at the Southampton U21 game.

The car park was deserted, but they insisted on making me turn around and park in the street!

I'll report back.

This will be the first home match I have missed this season. Mainly because I am up at 4.30am tomorrow and the fact I am shattered as it is.

Bit of kick in the teeth for White and Cox who have far more experience and should probably lead the team out... I know Dru is CP's favourite and he's being groomed for a life above and beyond Southend this borders laughable to me.

No Wabo. Disappointed.

Back