• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
I'll start this one early.

A few years ago this would have been a mammoth task against top premier league opposition, but pompey are now a club in crisis having drop down the football league pyramid like a stone.

I don't think pompey will go down but it will be a huge disappointment to there army of fans to be getting beat by some of the minnows of league two.

We welcome them new years day and bizzarly given recent history go in to the game as favourites.

Please post your thoughts and predictions and guess the gate.

I'm going 2-1 blues infront of 8230 with 1600 odd from Hampshire.

I think we'll slip up, 1-2.

We often falter in front of large home crowds, because the expectation is greater. Casual bank holiday fans are less likely to just get behind the lads unless they have a clear lead, and our home support is generally woeful when it comes to doing that.

The lads are sounding tired, and as usual we have very little depth to the squad to manage that. With so many games in such a short space of time, on heavy pitches and many of the squad seeming to be carrying bugs and niggles, we could be off-form.

Fortunately we've not been hit by too many yellow card accumulations!

Of course, Pompey aren't immune to the same challenges, but I think we might just have a blip in January. Hopefully not a severe one (tempered by the fact we have so few home league games) but if we don't lose our cup game on the 4th, the fixture list will soon start backing up too.

We rode our luck at their place, they should have had the game won by half time, will be hard to get anything out of this despite the difference in league positions.

Pompey's away record is woeful, only won 1 all season. They have also only won 1 from their last 10 games.

Might as well ask. How many have we sold for the game. Im a season ticket holder but am bringing 4 family members with me plus two from Pompey. Sitting in the East Stand yellows, i bought a few weeks ago and struggled to get tickets near my season tickets, so seemed to be selling well.

Team needs a bit of a shake up, please Mr Brown, can we start with two strikers, pretty please?

I must admit to not feeling overly optimistic about this one, going for a draw I think, with a crowd around the 8 and a half mark.

Just been looking at Weather forecast - 2 days of rain and strong winds!! Any chance we'll be waterlogged??
:off topic:

Like every other club in the division, this is Portsmouth's biggest game of the season; away to Southend at Roots Hall. They'll be bang up for giving the giants of Division Four a bloody nose.

...but not answering the phones, it would appear. Just spent 30 mins on hold, including 18 minutes as #1 in the queue, before having to hang up. Still waiting for the call back that's been promised me.

Have the unique experience for this one of my Sis and nephew, pompey fans, being in the away end. Chant suggestions anyone?

They only have one song...."pup" = Play up Pompey......similar to C.Palace, "Eagles!" ....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Retort at their place was "you've only got one song" and

"Premiership, and you *ucked it up"..this can be rolled into "Championship, and etc,etc"..."League One etc,etc.....quite amusing / very annoying depending upon your point of view and the scoreline.

Back