• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Don't think we'll take the fine. The competition, and this game in particular, is a joke but the prize money is quite generous and Ron won't want to miss out on it. Would expect the likes of Fortune and McGlashan to play, Wordsworth and Ranger to be rested but not an awful lot else to change.

................................bishop..........................
Elvis..........kiernan......kyprianou.......hendrie
bridge........dru.............timlin........mcglashan
...............robinson..........ranger..................

Ba , fortune, white, oxley, matsuzaka, klass, wright

I'd be amazed if JW wasn't playing.

Me too , but Brown has proved time and time again that JW is one of the 1st players he leaves out despite him being IMHO our best defender , player of the season and an all round top bloke.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess if he does leave him out, it might be because he will play him at RB on Saturday.

That said, I still think he should play tomorrow.

Change of plan - am going to this now. West or East, that is the question...

Would like to see Bridge start and also the 2 French lads up front Ba/Maf

Oxley
Elvis White Kyprianou Hendrie
McGlashan Lenny Bridge McLaughlin
MAF Ba

Bishop, Matsuzaka, Klass, Dru, Wright, Robinson, Acquah (21 goals in 21 games for the U19s)

This has actually come at a good time to be honest, having played an unchanged team for 3 games in a week. White needs a game after his injury. Demi being away gives Elvis another 90 minutes, Hendrie needs game time, so do Fortune and Robinson.

I'd give Bishop a game. Elvis stepped up to the plate. He might too and the same for any other youngster.

Bishop
Yearwood Wright Timlin McLaughlin
Fortuné Robinson​

Up to £5,000

I'm quite sure, the fine is the group match win prize money, in which case, it would cost us a £10,000 fine.

I got the figure from the EFL website, it's from rule 7 of the Checkatrade Trophy regulations.

However, as others have said, I really don't think we'll be considering it as an option, as it is so straightforward for us to provide the four outfield players required to avoid the fine.

I got the figure from the EFL website, it's from rule 7 of the Checkatrade Trophy regulations.

However, as others have said, I really don't think we'll be considering it as an option, as it is so straightforward for us to provide the four outfield players required to avoid the fine.

Even easier. Just 3, we get a credit for Demi !

For those driving tomorrow, I'm hearing that there's mains gas work repairs going on along Fairfax Drive definitely affecting Gainsborough Drive, and possibly Shakespeare Drive too. The works start tomorrow are going on for the next 4 days/nights so might be worth trying to use a different route if that's your regular one.

So given we need to use only three outfield players from Saturday, I would suggest Harry Kyp, Josh Wright and Michael Timlin will be the three that will start tonight. Team as follows:

Oxley

McGlashan Wright Yearwood Timlin

Robinson Fortune

Subs: Bishop, Matsuzaka, Klass, Ba, Ranger​

(I'd put Ranger on the bench because we could bring him on against Reading's kids if we need to up our game a bit, he seems to be good mates with a lot of the rest of those playing tonight, and he's less likely to be getting into trouble if he's where we can see him!)

I'm wondering whether they'll want to risk Kyps, especially as JW will play at right-back on Saturday, so couldn't fill the gap at centre-half if Kyps got injured.

I'd say Matsuzaka might well start, alongside JW, tonight.

JW would be the 3rd outfield player, as he has played more than 40 games, so we should be OK to do this.

I'd give Bishop a game. Elvis stepped up to the plate. He might too and the same for any other youngster.

Bishop
Yearwood Wright Timlin McLaughlin
Fortuné Robinson​

Trouble is, if he makes a mistake, fans bashing the Bishop from the sidelines could get us a big fine :smile:

Back