• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Massimo Giovanni

Old Timer⭐⭐
This Tuesday we have an interesting (possibly) game V Reading in the Check-a-Trade.

What will Phil pick and want to do? I believe Ronnie will want to see a little cup run & Kevin Maher will want some more of his boys to get a run out.

Oxley

Demi, JW, Harry Kip, Hendrie

Wright, Dru, Len, Flash

Theo, MAF

Subs; GK,Tims, Bridge, Cox A N Other.

Don't forget the restrictions on the starting XI, ludicrous as they are.

Oxley, Kyps, Lenny, Wright and one other will have to start, I believe.

We get dispensation on Demi, so I believe we need 5 from yesterday or 5 who will start next Saturday.

Of course, that doesn't stop us subbing them after 10 minutes.

EDIT :- Looks like 4 outfield players, rather than 5, so 'Massimo's' team should be fine, including Demi as one of the players, even though he is away. I think he can still be effectively included as one of the four, so we only need 3 who started yesterday. We can use any keeper. That's a new rule :-

RULES 2017

• A Club can play any goalkeeper in the competition;
  • · The revised requirement of Rule 7.3 – ‘4 qualifying outfield Players from 10’.

A qualifying outfield Player would be:

Any Player that meets the current criteria (excluding Goalkeepers), includes those who:

• Have started the previous or following first team fixture;
  • Are in the top 10 players at the club for starting appearances in league and domestic cup competitions for season;
  • Have made 40 or more first team appearances in their career;
  • Are on loan from either a Premier League or Category 1 Academy Club.

Make whole sale changes, take the fine. Doncaster much more important than this game. We have some good youngsters coming through, play them plus the bench from Saturday

The rules need changing so we can play whatever side we like anyway, in my view.

After all, Reading won't be putting any of their first team out, even though they are allowed to.

The rules need changing so we can play whatever side we like anyway, in my view.

After all, Reading won't be putting any of their first team out, even though they are allowed to.

Yeah, we could field our U12 side as well. It would be good experience for them.

Thanks to the 2017 rule changes, that's pretty much everyone currently available in our small squad.

As Massimo said, I think Phil will want to get out of this group (currently bottom) & we are on paper facing our weakest opponents of the group.

The question is what goalkeeper to play? Do we play safe with our main shot-stopper Oxley or rest him? (I don't think he needs resting myself) if so, does Bishop deserve a chance? or risk a more experienced, yet slightly injured Ted?

The back 4, is about right, but with Elvis in for Demi

Midfield also about right, but I would rest Wright and put the 2 macca's on the wing.

Upfront, yeah it's gonna have to do. (god help us)

Subs: (No GK...risky).... the same as massimo's but add Wright and Ranger....incase things go tits up.

Don't forget the restrictions on the starting XI, ludicrous as they are.

Ludicrous rather than onerous.

We fielded a stronger team than we had to at Gillingham.

That new '40 first team appearances' rule means we can probably get away with changing the whole squad if we want to, aside from Yearwood, Kyprianou (who played Saturday anyway), Hendrie, Ba, Bridge and Elvis surely all our outfield players have played more than 40 matches in their career.

That 40 match rule isn't overly clear. I guess it's 40 for any club or is it 40 for us?

If for any club then yep, we probably don't need to play anyone from Saturday.

Oxley
Elvis, White, Kyprianou, Hendrie
McGlashan, Yearwood, Lenny, Timlin
Robinson, MAF

Your right, its not clear, but at an educated guess, I would imagine it's 40 starts in their career at first a team level. (probably within the EFL's 92).

The MAIN thing is to play a team which WINS.
Also we want a team that gives some squad players a good run out and also allows some of those squad players to show they ought to be considered for a league start.
We don't want injuries or bookings.
Simple stuff AND with the postings suggesting that we are almost free to pick any 11 from the squad available then Phil, GC and Kev can use this as a better than reserve game experience and test.

...................Oxley

Bwomono / White / Kyprianou / Hendrie

McGlashan / Yearwood / Leonard / McClaughlin

.............Robinson / Fortune

Subs: Timlin, Bridge, Ba, Cox, Ranger (or Wright as an option).

Personally, I'd look to rest Lenny from the starting line up for this one, poor lad has run himself silly and taken umpteen knocks.

I'm not entirely sure how this stuff works in relation to how many we have to have from the last game, but I'd certainly look to play some of those fringe players if possible.

Oxley
Elvis, White, Kyp, Hendrie
Glash, Timlin, Wright, Bridge
Robinson, Fortune

Up to £5,000

I'm quite sure, the fine is the group match win prize money, in which case, it would cost us a £10,000 fine.

As Andy T said though, there's always ways of bending the official rules, slightly..... if we didn't give a crap, (Phil could make 3 fkey first team substitutions after 10+ minutes etc) that way we will ensure we can play a full strength team against the donnies on Saturday.

I think Bridge would have to be included ,its about time he was given a full game ,see what the lad can do, and yes i would agree with the post about resting Lenny.

OXLEY.ELVIS,JW,KYP,HENDRIE
Mc G,DRU,KLASS,BRIDGE
MAF.BA
SUBS SMITH,ROBINSON,TIMS,COX,FERDIE,WRIGHT,MATSUAKA.

Back