• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

You completely lost me at White.

Not saying he's better than Demetriou, but he has been poor for a while - needs a rest or a kick up the backside, White is the only other player who can slot in at RB, and would probably complement an out and out winger like McGlashan. I'd put Atko on the left as he'd be better suited than McGlashan. There is a method to my madness.

id be inclined to play John White for a game or two in place of Demetriu (or how ever you spell these long spangled foregien names

Love James Zocezapolina

Oxley won't be ready yet, I think Coker could well be back in. Not sure about Woody's knee, if he's not fit, then move Timlin into the middle. I think Demetriou has been poor for a few games now and that White deserves the chance.

Smith
White, Thompson, Ferdinand, Coker
O'Neill or McGlashan, Leonard, Timlin or Wordsworth, Atkinson
Fortune, Cox

Memories of the debacle away at Rochdale are still quite fresh in my mind. At the time I said in my match report that the performance "made a motorway pile-up look orderly". Cox and Anton played part of the match in the midfield. And Ranger came on a sub that day and his return to the team has also seen a remarkable change in our fortunes.

Fast forward to Saturday and it is hard to believe that we are only 6 points behind Rochdale and that could be 3 come 4:45 p.m.

I don't normally bother about "beating" another team (I just want to see Southend win which is a very different motivation) .......... but Rochdale played "Bring me sunshine" at the end of the match and that really was the final nail in a well buried coffin. Come on Southend - please bring home the bacon with 3 points.
By the way - a big well done to Rochdale for doing so well on a limited budget by the way. :clap:Bradford are on the same number of points with crowds that are often 4x bigger. Cripes.

Memories of the debacle away at Rochdale are still quite fresh in my mind. At the time I said in my match report that the performance "made a motorway pile-up look orderly". Cox and Anton played part of the match in the midfield. And Ranger came on a sub that day and his return to the team has also seen a remarkable change in our fortunes.

Fast forward to Saturday and it is hard to believe that we are only 6 points behind Rochdale and that could be 3 come 4:45 p.m.

I don't normally bother about "beating" another team (I just want to see Southend win which is a very different motivation) .......... but Rochdale played "Bring me sunshine" at the end of the match and that really was the final nail in a well buried coffin. Come on Southend - please bring home the bacon with 3 points.
By the way - a big well done to Rochdale for doing so well on a limited budget by the way. :clap:Bradford are on the same number of points with crowds that are often 4x bigger. Cripes.

Yes I was at Rochdale and that is by far the worst performance I have seen this season.

Conceded two goals in the first half both headers. One from recycled corner we had cleared and the other from left footed free kick, swung in form our left with one of our players (Wordsworth) asleep at the far post. Reminds me of a game I saw recently.

Yes I was at Rochdale and that is by far the worst performance I have seen this season.

Conceded two goals in the first half both headers. One from recycled corner we had cleared and the other from left footed free kick, swung in form our left with one of our players (Wordsworth) asleep at the far post. Reminds me of a game I saw recently.

Yeah nothing to do with playing Mooney on his own up front.

Yeah nothing to do with playing Mooney on his own up front.
You're right it was nothing to do with playing Mooney on his own up front. The defending was awful and lost us the game, not sure how Mooney was to blame for that. He didn't get any service and we were completely outplayed in midfield. There are a lot more things other than Mooney to blame for that defeat (and all of the other defeats at the start of the season).

You're right it was nothing to do with playing Mooney on his own up front. The defending was awful and lost us the game, not sure how Mooney was to blame for that. He didn't get any service and we were completely outplayed in midfield. There are a lot more things other than Mooney to blame for that defeat (and all of the other defeats at the start of the season).

Maybe wrong , but I think the previous poster was putting the blame ( rightly IMO ) at Brown just playing one up top and being isolated , rather than at Mooney himself.

I feel a bit queasy when reminded of that game, but shows that sometimes you have to hit rock bottom before good things happen as a reaction.

Maybe wrong , but I think the previous poster was putting the blame ( rightly IMO ) at Brown just playing one up top and being isolated , rather than at Mooney himself.

Mooney was not isolated, he just had his worst game by a mile. In fact We had McL and McG pushing high up the pitch, much higher than they did in the previous 3 home games when beat Millwall, Oxford and drew with Posh. They also had shockers that day.

No we did not sit back we just played bad. Rochdale's first was from virtually their first attempt on goal, after a free kick. We even had 4 free kicks around their box in the first half but in keeping with that days theme, Wordsworth picked out fans in row z each time. Even Harry Kane would have been embarrassed at a couple of attempts

Anyway back to the present. Rochdale work hard and will be tough to beat but don't expect the neat passing moves of Sheffield U

Some decisions to be made with Ranger and the left-mid position and if Coker is match fit. But don't agree with others who have hit the panic button after one defeat and want whole sale changes, like dropping Ted, Demi and even Lenny.

P.S O'Neil looked totally uninterested that day and no surprise we didn't see him for a fair while.

Indeed, it baffles me why Keith Hill doesn't get linked with jobs higher up the pyramid considering the incredible job he consistently does up there. Fifth in the league when they get home crowds of less than 3,000.

Rochdale are set to get about £2.25 million upfront if Scott Hogan completes his move from Brentford to West Ham as expected thanks to their sell on clause, so could be the best time to play them before they can get spending some of that.

Well that's wrong as well, we were overrun in midfield against Rochdale so how would taking someone out of that midfield helped? We were completely open and our defence was awful, it was nothing to do with how many we had up front.

Mooney was not isolated, he just had his worst game by a mile. In fact We had McL and McG pushing high up the pitch, much higher than they did in the previous 3 home games when beat Millwall, Oxford and drew with Posh. They also had shockers that day.

No we did not sit back we just played bad. Rochdale's first was from virtually their first attempt on goal, after a free kick. We even had 4 free kicks around their box in the first half but in keeping with that days theme, Wordsworth picked out fans in row z each time. Even Harry Kane would have been embarrassed at a couple of attempts

Anyway back to the present. Rochdale work hard and will be tough to beat but don't expect the neat passing moves of Sheffield U

Some decisions to be made with Ranger and the left-mid position and if Coker is match fit. But don't agree with others who have hit the panic button after one defeat and want whole sale changes, like dropping Ted, Demi and even Lenny.

P.S O'Neil looked totally uninterested that day and no surprise we didn't see him for a fair while.

An absolutely unbelievable post in many senses of the word.

Well that's wrong as well, we were overrun in midfield against Rochdale so how would taking someone out of that midfield helped? We were completely open and our defence was awful, it was nothing to do with how many we had up front.

We sat back and invited the pressure that inevitably followed.

We were unable to cope with the resultant pressure as there was no outlet other than a completely outnumbered Mooney, who was certainly not to blame but was ridiculously substituted after about 30 minutes as a thank you.

We then chopped and changed the team regularly during the remainder of the game including shoving Ferdinand into midfield where, unsurprisingly, he was like a fish out of water and we were in total disarray for the entire game.

Or at least that was the impression from the House of Leather.

Back