• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Spaceman Spiff

Attila the Admin ⭐
Staff member
Any thoughts on the team for this game? Important we get back to winning ways.

South Stand Lower is almost full according to the ticket sales checker!

Depending on fitness, I'd go :-

Smith
Demetriou Ferdinand Thompson Coker
Atkinson Worsdworth Leonard Timlin
Cox Fortune

I'd go for:
Smith,
Demetriou, Thompson, Ferdinand, Coker (if fit),
Atkinson, Leonard, Wordsworth, McGlashan,
Cox, Fortune

If Coker isn't fit then Timlin to keep his place. Can't see Brown sticking with the system from last weekend but who knows.

Time for Cokes to come back in if fit, to give more balance to the team, maybe even move Timlin up to left wing? we need balance and width back, the narrowness needs to be swapped back to a 4-4-2 formation with at least one winger starting. Is Ranger available for selection? Even if he is i would suggest leaving him out for a match or 2 to try and rid the niggles he seems to carrying.

Any thoughts on the team for this game? Important we get back to winning ways.

South Stand Lower is almost full according to the ticket sales checker!
South Lower tickets given away free to local schools/clubs not all get used but at least it looks better than an empty stand.
Just need other sales to pick up a bit and it could be a 6,500+ crowd.

Coker in at LB, Timlin to move forward to LM and Fortune and Cox up front.

Ranger needs a couple of weeks to get his head and body together. Have him on the bench if needed.

I'm really not a fan of moving Timlin to left mid. Him and Atkinson provide us with no width, the very thing we all complained about against Sheffield United. I know that was a midfield three opposed to a four, but we can't turn to a lack of width as a solution.

I can see Oxley and Coker coming back in. Other than that same again with Ranger on the bench if his head is right.

Oxley

Atkinson Lenny Wordsworth Timlin

Cox Fortune​

I can see Oxley and Coker coming back in. Other than that same again with Ranger on the bench if his head is right.

Oxley

Atkinson Lenny Wordsworth Timlin

Cox Fortune​

I like that,... but also this;

Oxley

White Ferdinand Thompson Coker

McGlashan Lenny Wordsworth Atkinson

Cox Fortune

Timlin The Terrier moved up, and Coker in left back, can't see Timlin being dropped, he has been excellent imo.

I can see this being a awfull game with very few goals, we really need 3 points to stay in touch which I hope we will get but I'm going for a 1-0 loss, hope I'm wrong.

Agree we can't have Timlin and Atkinson in the same midfield, assuming Leonard and Wordsworth are also playing. McGlashan in and either Timlin or Atkinson the other side.

Need width so either Mcglashan or Hines on the left. Cox and Fortune up top, rest of the team the same.

For me Coker has to come back in if fit and ready to go. Timlin has done well covering but BC is more competent in that position.

Like others I don’t think Timlin should be playing in a midfield with Atkinson, Leonard and Wordsworth as it gives us no width. I don’t think we should drop Atkinson he is such an engine and he has been in good form lately. Leonard has been a bit below par lately. Personally I’d bench Timlin and tell Leonard that he needs a performance as Timlin is waiting in the wings for a CM spot. I’d love to see Bridge given a chance out wide, he looked so natural out there for Chelmsford but understand McGlashen is probably next in the pecking order. Don’t think Demi has been that good lately either would probably give him one more chance to keep his place and if he doesn’t perform bring in White. My 11 would be:

Smith

Demitriou
Ferdinand
Thompson
Coker

Atkinson
Leonard
Wordsworth
McGlashen

Cox
Ranger (if fully fit) or Fortune (if not)

Bit tough on Timlin but I would like him challenging for a CM spot

For me Coker has to come back in if fit and ready to go. Timlin has done well covering but BC is more competent in that position.

Like others I don’t think Timlin should be playing in a midfield with Atkinson, Leonard and Wordsworth as it gives us no width. I don’t think we should drop Atkinson he is such an engine and he has been in good form lately. Leonard has been a bit below par lately. Personally I’d bench Timlin and tell Leonard that he needs a performance as Timlin is waiting in the wings for a CM spot. I’d love to see Bridge given a chance out wide, he looked so natural out there for Chelmsford but understand McGlashen is probably next in the pecking order. Don’t think Demi has been that good lately either would probably give him one more chance to keep his place and if he doesn’t perform bring in White. My 11 would be:

Smith

Demitriou
Ferdinand
Thompson
Coker

Atkinson
Leonard
Wordsworth
McGlashen

Cox
Ranger (if fully fit) or Fortune (if not)

Bit tough on Timlin but I would like him challenging for a CM spot

agreed. I thought Timlin has been a bit weak at LB.

Depends How Woody's knee is . I can see him missing out leaving us with Timlin CM , Coker LB & either Hines or McGlashan LM . 4-4-2 Cox alongside Fortune + Ranger super sub.

This is massive massive game , so bring your mates along + get right behind the team .... we can beat Rochdale + propel us back into the play offs

Come On You Blues !!!!!!! :loyalsupporter::loyalsupporter::loyalsupporter::loyalsupporter::loyalsupporter::loyalsupporter::loyalsupporter:

We really need to shackle Matty Lund. Been such a good player for them in the last few years. In fine form at the moment too. I really liked Lund when he was with us, he must of hated missing the Wembley final.
He'll hate Roots Hall even more when he's on the receiving end of a pasting :winking:

Back