• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United v Salford City

It’s a freak incident but also highly likely because of the amount of time he’s been away from the game yet you’ve wanted him to start the last couple of games despite everybody telling you he isn’t ready and isn’t likely to be ready anytime soon now. The same with Ricky, MM might rate him but he to suffers from injuries and has to be used wisely.
Sorry I think that's a cop out!! We signed holmes as we needed more quality and other players wasnt doing it! Hes been on the bench for 3 straight games now but your telling me hes still not ready?? Hes probabley the highest paid player aslo so just makes absolutely no sense!! We needed someone to change the game today and hes our secret weapon!! Cant seen how mm can justify not playing him?but I'm happy with a point and the good run continues.

Sorry I think that's a cop out!! We signed holmes as we needed more quality and other players wasnt doing it! Hes been on the bench for 3 straight games now but your telling me hes still not ready?? Hes probabley the highest paid player aslo so just makes absolutely no sense!! We needed someone to change the game today and hes our secret weapon!! Cant seen how mm can justify not playing him?but I'm happy with a point and the good run continues.

Because of exactly what’s just happened to Ranger.

Why is he a top earner? He was unemployed - hopefully we negotiated an attractive, for us, contract. We signed Holmes because no one else was available/willing to come here - he was not first or even second priority.

A welcome point - unsure if was deserved. Though to be fair we were really solid at the back. Never looked liked scoring. Same for them.
Seadon isn't fit to play professionally , needs to be a professional and get conditioned. There's no excuse for that belly, label it how you want, desire, self commitment, training regime! Yes he did ok but I wouldn't play him if manager. Harsh, sorry, but it's professional footy.
Ranger.... So predictable getting injured after so long out!!! Where were the u23 games etc!!
ANG sorry but I've seen enough now. Learn to be a team player or go.
Macca, ffs learn there's more than fouling
Well done squad today, and clifford too.
Think give dieng a rest next one .
Great result with others losing, just felt a bit down how we played!

Well having run the same players into the ground (despite having said he would rotate) he will be forced into some changes on Tues. I’m sure his heart said don’t change anything but his head should have intervened.

Hope the injury count isn’t too bad but knackered players are more likely to pick up injuries.

A welcome point - unsure if was deserved. Though to be fair we were really solid at the back. Never looked liked scoring. Same for them.
Seadon isn't fit to play professionally , needs to be a professional and get conditioned. There's no excuse for that belly, label it how you want, desire, self commitment, training regime! Yes he did ok but I wouldn't play him if manager. Harsh, sorry, but it's professional footy.
Ranger.... So predictable getting injured after so long out!!! Where were the u23 games etc!!
ANG sorry but I've seen enough now. Learn to be a team player or go.
Macca, ffs learn there's more than fouling
Well done squad today, and clifford too.
Think give dieng a rest next one .
Great result with others losing, just felt a bit down how we played!
Well I would play him in front of the 6’3’ 7st loanee who dropped the ball under any pressure and could kick as far as the halfway line. By all means bring in an experienced keeper on loan- but not someone else’s kid keeper who is no better than what we have.

Well I would play him in front of the 6’3’ 7st loanee who dropped the ball under any pressure and could kick as far as the halfway line. By all means bring in an experienced keeper on loan- but not someone else’s kid keeper who is no better than what we have.
Alex Bass is not a rookie keeper compared to Seaden, he played 25 times for Portsmouth last season including their playoff semi final matches.

Why is he a top earner? He was unemployed - hopefully we negotiated an attractive, for us, contract. We signed Holmes because no one else was available/willing to come here - he was not first or even second priority.
But he should have been! He is a quality player

Because of exactly what’s just happened to ranger
But u cant not play players just because u are worried they will get injured!! Could happen to any player! I get he hasnt played but if hes on the bench then surely he must get 20 mins at least

I thought the loanee did well. Was clearly fouled when he dropped it and looked assured when catching crosses. As for his kicking, yes it was woeful. I wonder if it was related to him going off at half time, probably injured.
There was the slightest of touches for the foul- doesn’t fill you with confidence when he drops the ball as a result- in a division that frequently borrows referees from the local rec you can’t rely on getting the decisions

Alex Bass is not a rookie keeper compared to Seaden, he played 25 times for Portsmouth last season including their playoff semi final matches.
25 games is no real experience- anyhow maybe he had an off day but I know which of they two inspired more confidence.

Firstly, I highly doubt he'd be the highest paid player on such a short term deal.. unless you have some sort of inside knowledge which I seriously doubt.

Secondly, he's been on the bench.. so what? Ranger was on the bench and come on today.. and quickly went back off because he isn't match fit due to a lack of game time. I fancy Holmes to play a part on Tuesday and like I said he is a player that has to be managed due to his injury record.

Thirdly, I'm pretty sure Holmes is known to the opposition, he's the worst kept secret.

Back