• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Massimo Giovanni

Old Timer⭐⭐
The game draws near!

PB will have some thinking to do about this HOME team selection; he will want to keep the good from the M'Wall team: and also we have to add some creativity if we are going to score against Mark Robin's Scunny who are likely to be happy with a point and play it tight,tight, tight.So hard work in the centre and some craft on the flanks.
Without a fitness update and as an optimist my selection is;
Dan
O'Niel, Bolger, Adam, Cokes,
Mac, Timlin, Deegs, Wozza
Noel H, Mooney

Len on the bench with Smiff, JW, Luke, Pigg, Rea, and A.N.Other (from Westy, Williams, Payne, Wordy, Atko, Hurst).

I will be disappointed if we don't play for all 3 points - a win will lift everyone and cement our movement away from the bottom four (although it is still early days).

Some say don't change a winning team but I'm not sure about that.

It proves impossible to guess which team Brown is going to put out but I don't think any of us will be surprised to see Hunt and Coker back in the team (although Hunt may be on the bench to give Pigott another chance).

For me the most interesting selection area is the midfield ........... far too many permutations to choose from!

As is quite often pointed out on here - Brown never seems to drop Leonard. I actually thought Lenny was better against Peterborough than against Millwall (may be in a minority there!) so agree wholeheartedly with the suggested team above (ie our worst two players were him and Pig). I also thought O'Neill was the best player on the park on Saturday so would be very disappointed if he gets dropped just because White is fit again and, dare I say it, just because he's captain.

I will be disappointed if we don't play for all 3 points - a win will lift everyone and cement our movement away from the bottom four (although it is still early days).

It proves impossible to guess which team Brown is going to put out but I don't think any of us will be surprised to see Hunt and Coker back in the team (although Hunt may be on the bench to give Pigott another chance).

For me the most interesting selection area is the midfield ........... far too many permutations to choose from!

Absolutely agree - play the game in front of you, not the one just gone. Coker must start if fit, Hunt too. Would also be tempted to bring Wordsworth back in as we're far too workmanlike in midfield with Deegan, Leonard and Timlin in there.

The game draws near!

PB will have some thinking to do about this HOME team selection; he will want to keep the good from the M'Wall team: and also we have to add some creativity if we are going to score against Mark Robin's Scunny who are likely to be happy with a point and play it tight,tight, tight.So hard work in the centre and some craft on the flanks.
Without a fitness update and as an optimist my selection is;
Dan
O'Niel, Bolger, Adam, Cokes,
Mac, Timlin, Deegs, Wozza
Noel H, Mooney

Len on the bench with Smiff, JW, Luke, Pigg, Rea, and A.N.Other (from Westy, Williams, Payne, Wordy, Atko, Hurst).

For me that's a good looking side.

mclaughlin is good going forward but non existent tracking back.

Compare him to Worrall who works hard at both ends of the pitch.

He needs to up his game...

We need 3 points here and should get them against Scunthorpe no matter what side we put out, we should have enough to beat these at home, just need a goal in the first 20 minutes and that should settle us down, I'm going for a 2-0 win:smile:

I'm never quite sure why people condone dropping Ryan Leonard. He's been out most consistent performer over the last 18 months for me. He reads the game incredibly well, his speed and athleticism are great attributes that we always miss whenever he's not in midfield, he's strong in the tackle, very well disciplined and has a pretty good range of passing. We always look a far worse side when Leonard doesn't play or is played at right back than we do with him in the middle. I personally wish Brown played him slightly further forward and gave him licence to drive forward with the ball, something which he doesn't seem quite so keen on doing nowadays, but there's a reason Brown plays him every week and I totally agree with him.

Absolutely agree - play the game in front of you, not the one just gone. Coker must start if fit, Hunt too. Would also be tempted to bring Wordsworth back in as we're far too workmanlike in midfield with Deegan, Leonard and Timlin in there.

Not been impressed by wordsworth at all so far. Expected him to be pulling strings having come from championship stock , but he has been anonymous in most games.

If Hunt is fit then bring him in for Pigott. I think it would be incredibly harsh to drop anyone else.

I really think Wordsworth needs a run of games, there is a class player there that could really benefit us once he gets going

I can see White playing central and O'Neil rightly keeping his place at right back.......

Hunt in for Piggott and Coker in for Prosser. May be tempted to bring Prosser over for Barrett if he isn't fully fit.

Maybe Worsdworth in for Deegan, but its a bit mental when Hurst/Atkinson/Macca/Payne/Deegan/Piggott/White/Prosser/Rea/Williams are alll fighting for places on the bench.

I don't do away games, so I am reliant on the match reports on here for opinions. I don't think I have read anything which suggests that Phil will relegate Lenny to the bench. Similarly it's hard to see O'Neill and Prosser getting dropped. I reckon that if Hunt is fit then he will come in for Pigott, and maybe the bearded one will drop to the bench as it's a home game.

A lot depends on the fitness of those who we would consider first choice players. I think it is quite nice to have the choices we have for places now, it keeps the players on their toes.

He needs to play in a more advanced role, we've played him too deep so far

That would certainly benefit him, not sure if it would the team as a whole? I'd like to see us try it though. Phil seems to want to mould him into a box to box type player with a higher work ethic.

Brown has always stated you play for the shirt, the players who played at Millwall did that, none should be dropped who ever
is available, otherwise if a player is dropped after that game, why would they bother in future. PB play by your own rules.

Brown has always stated you play for the shirt, the players who played at Millwall did that, none should be dropped who ever
is available, otherwise if a player is dropped after that game, why would they bother in future. PB play by your own rules.

10 of them did. Pigott didn't

Doubt Barrett will be playing looking at today's Echo so probably Prosser there and hopefully Coker will be back at left back. If fit would defo put Hunt in for Pigott too.

Back